10-18-24 UPDATE! CNC12 v5.20 RC5 Mill, Lathe, Router, Plasma is now available for public testing.

Moderator: cnckeith

Allin1Chris
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: 10-18-24 UPDATE! CNC12 v5.20 RC5 Mill, Lathe, Router, Plasma is now available for public testing.

Post by Allin1Chris »

I have restored your report and set P44 to 0. The F3 (Auto Measure) button correctly selects the touchplate Input and uses the touchplate on my setup.

I do not have CHIPS installed.

Picture is what i get when i press F3 (Auto Measure) with your current report, with P44 set to how you had it. Should give you an option for one or the other (It thinks you have a TT since P44 is none-zero, is the reason it gives the option). When P44 is 0, it will skip this dialog and go directly to measuring with the Touch Plate Input.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
When requesting support READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043

Please ALWAYS post a FRESH report. To make a report: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecvg0VJp1oQ.

(We pride ourselves on providing timely solid technical support but, without good information we may not be able to help and/or reply until such information is posted.)

Centroid PLC Tutorial Videos

RogDC
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: 10-18-24 UPDATE! CNC12 v5.20 RC5 Mill, Lathe, Router, Plasma is now available for public testing.

Post by RogDC »

Initially on the fresh install I did not populate the TT screen in the wizard and only configured the TP screen with PLC inputs ( self populating) set to TP on the input screen.

I did copy over the cnc.tl, cnc.wcs, cnc.ol files from previous versions. Previously I had used the TT on inputs before the TP was an option for the input settings.

The TT page in the Wizard was then populated with the fixed tool location. I did not enter this data in the Wizard. I set the TT type to conductive ( PLC Input blank ), as I had it set in previous versions prior to the TP page in the Wizard. Is it possible that the Wizard populated the TT page from G30P3 in the WCS table or data carried over from the previous files copied over?

After this step is when I started to measure tool offsets and started receiving the error.

I was receiving the error before installing CHIPs. I Installed CHIPS and received the same error.

Allin1Chris

Post by Allin1Chris »

RogDC wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2024 2:09 pm Initially on the fresh install I did not populate the TT screen in the wizard and only configured the TP screen with PLC inputs ( self populating) set to TP on the input screen.

I did copy over the cnc.tl, cnc.wcs, cnc.ol files from previous versions. Previously I had used the TT on inputs before the TP was an option for the input settings.

The TT page in the Wizard was then populated with the fixed tool location. I did not enter this data in the Wizard. I set the TT type to conductive ( PLC Input blank ), as I had it set in previous versions prior to the TP page in the Wizard. Is it possible that the Wizard populated the TT page from G30P3 in the WCS table or data carried over from the previous files copied over?

After this step is when I started to measure tool offsets and started receiving the error.

I was receiving the error before installing CHIPs. I Installed CHIPS and received the same error.
Rog, can you be specific on what Button you are pressing in CNC12 and exactly what you are doing. I had assumed before you were pressing the F3 (Auto Measure) button in the tool offset library. The TT page in the wizard will not populate with the touch plate input, this is expected. The Touch Plate inputs will show in the Touch Plate menu however.

The G30 P3 position is held in the cnc.wcs file, so when you copied those over, it would of brought over the values for the fixed TT position.

The Tool Measurement Cycles should look at different devices such as Probe, TT and/or Touch Plate depending on what is configured. The TT device is only device that can be configured as Fixed, not a touch plate.

I am confused by why would need a TT Fixed position if you dont have a TT. The Avid Touch Plate is not a fixed device.
When requesting support READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043

Please ALWAYS post a FRESH report. To make a report: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecvg0VJp1oQ.

(We pride ourselves on providing timely solid technical support but, without good information we may not be able to help and/or reply until such information is posted.)

RogDC

Post by RogDC »

Chris,
I only have one Avid Touch Plate. It is movable, and I have a fixture on the table to maintain consistency when measuring the tool offsets. The center of the touch plate in the fixture is G30P3 from the WCS table.

My intention was to leave the TT page blank, but it did pull in the fixed location on the TT page in the wizard after the cncm.wcs was copied over.

Let me get back to the machine tomorrow evening so I don't give you the wrong info on which button I was pressing to get the error.

Allin1Chris

Post by Allin1Chris »

RogDC wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2024 2:37 pm Chris,
I only have one Avid Touch Plate. It is movable, and I have a fixture on the table to maintain consistency when measuring the tool offsets. The center of the touch plate in the fixture is G30P3 from the WCS table.

My intention was to leave the TT page blank, but it did pull in the fixed location on the TT page in the wizard after the cncm.wcs was copied over.

Let me get back to the machine tomorrow evening so I don't give you the wrong info on which button I was pressing to get the error.
Thanks for the info, that clears things up a bit for me.

Im going to go on an assumption here that you may of been trying to perform Batch Measurements.
Thinking on it, if you had used the Batch (F4) button, you will encounter the issue you describe with the touchplate inputs. F4 Batch specifically looks for the TT as we consider the TT as the only device that could be fixed. Batch Requires both an ATC and for P17 to be set for the Fixed TT position, because of this batch is essentially only for the TT device. Image below is what you would get if P44 is set to 0 and pressing F4 Batch.
Capture.PNG
With how you have your machine setup, i would say the correct action is to set P44 to the touch plate input manually, the wizard will not do this.

With that all said, how you describe it is expected (again if batch is what was being used here). Thinking out loud, maybe in the future a drop down in the Probe/TT/Touchplate menu that says "Use other device input" might be good for certain configurations such as yours where you have a single device acting as two.

Sword
Plasma CNC Controller: No
AcornSix CNC Controller: No
Hickory CNC Controller: No

Post by Sword »

v5.20RC5 Router setup went well. The only thing I've noticed so far, is that the "Display warning to verify Tool Touch Off is functioning properly" when set to YES in the Wizard does not display the warning as it previously would have. I should also say, that the warning should also be displayed for the Touch Plate, if you are going to have that option for the touch plate in the Wizard.
Attachments
report_780473842258-0115191645_2024-10-21_14-29-11.zip
(1.7 MiB) Downloaded 1 time
Scott

Allin1Chris

Post by Allin1Chris »

Sword wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2024 3:28 pm v5.20RC5 Router setup went well. The only thing I've noticed so far, is that the "Display warning to verify Tool Touch Off is functioning properly" when set to YES in the Wizard does not display the warning as it previously would have. I should also say, that the warning should also be displayed for the Touch Plate, if you are going to have that option for the touch plate in the Wizard.
Hi Sword,

Looking into this, we may of overlooked the touch plate cycles, however in the tool measurement cycles it should display the verify message for the Touch Plate. I would note though that the touch plate cycles do offer the magnet reminder which acts sort of as a verify as well, so im not sure if its really needed for these cycles.

in what menus or situations does the Tool Touch Off Verify message not appear?

swissi
CNC Control System Serial Number: 985DADEB24D5-0309180716

Post by swissi »

RogDC wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2024 9:07 pm Install/setup for Acorn Router with BOB went without issue.

I did experience an issue with the SW looking for a Tool Touch Off input when measuring tool offsets.

On my router configuration using an Avid Touch Plate for setting part zero, Z zero I also use it for the fixed touch off on the table at a fixed location.

I was receiving a Probing Cycle Terminated Window for Tool Touch Off Input not configured on P44 when attempting to measure the tool offsets in the tool library. I do not have a fixed tool setter ( on my want list ), I have a fixture to place my Avid plate on the table in a fixed location for the fixed tool offset measurements.

The error was present in CNC12 and also in CHIPS. (screenshot is from running CHIPS measure tool, same window when using the CNC12 function).

I changed Parameter 44 to the same value as the Avid Touch Plate input and resolved the issue.

I was unable to set Tool Touch Off PLC input in Wizard when using Avid Touch Plate.

Probing cyele error.png
The current official CHIPS version does not support the newly added probe input TouchPlateTripped. There will be a new CHIPS version 2.20 soon that will support all 3 probing inputs.

-swissi
If you are using Fusion 360, check out my CNC12 specific Post Processor
If you are using a Touch Probe, Tool Touch Off Device or a Triple Corner Finder Plate, check out CHIPS

Contact me at swissi2000@gmail.com