Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: homing travels in wrong direction

Post by kb58 »

I'm on many diverse forums. There's always someone who comes in demanding immediate and accurate answers, that it can't possibly be anything they're doing wrong. Those threads never end well.
Previous hobby, building hard core sports cars. See http://midlana.com/ and http://kimini.com/
RogDC
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No

Post by RogDC »

suntravel wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:28 am If the farmer can't swim, it's because of his swimming trunks

Uwe
They also sell mirrors at the Dollar Store, those usually can help with identifying the root cause.
billybobron

Post by billybobron »

let me tell you one thing! I am not demanding shit from you butt bites!! Another is that I can swim fully clothed, dance soaking wet and can also as running soaking wet cook food with C4 shoot hit the target while doing all the above, little uncle sammy spent his money well with me none of it went to waste. You peckerwoods don't like it when someone tells this product doesn't hold up against what is coming out on the market! I am not the second person in a few short weeks that have said this! There have been others long before I came along and there will be more after I am gone! Let me address one other point Shawn didn't do shit to set MY machine up with anything other than how he wanted it set up! I have said this in the open and in closed pm to others here! And I will continue to say the about him!! I said in my very first posting as a newbie I had no knowledge about this card just like others Thinking it wasn't much to it as that is what they tout as, it's too bad all those before me couldn't all be found and file a class action suite for misleading advertising. what I came for here for was help!!! then you peckerwoods wanted to point to the user and not the product! You all have been drinking Joe Bidens cool aide far too long. It's just like Matti Escargots video's outdated and telling people that an 8 inch mill is the same as a 48 inch router, even a Peckerwood would know the difference. But instead, it's my fault! Let me reiterate I can here on my first instance asking for help then I get a bottom of the bar individual who want to tout how great he and his machine and being a betta tester wanting to set my machine up like his leading me down a dead end road to wanting to give up! But I haven't so I will restate what I said above I came asking not demanding! I have a few more words that I won't shar, but if some of the words are to big look them up in google so please continue with your bashing of me instead of helping and proving that this card is what it is supposed to be prove me wrong make me eat my words!! And I will come back and apologize, I man enough and big enough to do that are all of you???
Nigelo
CNC Control System Serial Number: F045DA80C8B8-0905181172
E415F6F70BC3-0318203049
98F07B91FC6B-0123236802

Post by Nigelo »

BillyBoring, I don't think you need or deserve any help whatsoever. For a supposed 70 year old, you behave like a child but good luck with your project

Just my 2 cents
Hope this helps
Nigel

"You can lead a horse to water but you cannot force it to drink"
ShawnM
CNC Control System Serial Number: 7804734C6498-0401191832

Post by ShawnM »

Funny Ron, after several attempts to get you up to speed and get you to actually READ the Centroid documents so you understand how to wire your machine WE got your machine running and you stated it yourself per your quote in your other topic. Remember this post you made?
billybobron wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:48 pm So after long hours and help from Shawn it is finally running a short video to follow, I was able to zero and start a cut, however I was cutting air in the beginning so I need to do some fine tuning and adjust the offset for the homing switch that I am using which I will do in the morning do another going sequence, reset for the test cut that I set up and determine what else if anything needs adjusting! So much closer to making sawdust from some way overdue projects!
Thanks again for all the hope and help for setting this up!!! Well the video is over the file limit
You even posted a video of it homing in the correct direction but you probably don't remember this either. This might help refresh your memory. It's the link you posted here on the forum that is on YouTube.
billybobron wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:53 pm Link to video
https://youtube.com/@RonPadilla-nx2gi?s ... YYh58aer0L
Your machine was working as it should and all you needed to do was to dial in the turns ratio and I sent you the Centroid docs to do this. And for the record, it's not wired MY way, it's wired the ONLY way to wire a 3 axis router with hardware paired Y motors. You'd understand this but I just couldn't get you to read any documents.

What's even more funny Ron is that after you come on here and insult everyone and call them names you still expect someone here to help you. You certainly burned EVERY bridge on this forum and no one is gonna help you now. Good luck.
RogDC

Post by RogDC »

I found a way to hide his posts - sweet.
ShawnM
CNC Control System Serial Number: 7804734C6498-0401191832

Post by ShawnM »

RogDC wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:24 pm I found a way to hide his posts - sweet.
Yup, just click his username and then click "add foe" and you'll never see his posts again. :D

Then we can get back to helping those who will actually appreciate it and not call you names and hurl insults and expletives at you.
billybobron

Post by billybobron »

Well all of and especially you Shawn this machine sat for several weeks and you keep insisting it was right well your wrong it wasn’t right you set it up the way you wanted it insisting I didn’t need 4 limit switches and only 3 tell the truth Shawn don’t be a liar!! And all the other major magic workers did not catch what the problem WAS!!! It was finally caught today that for a gentleman that doesn’t bother coming here for the contradicting information! After posting all the pdf’s and reports you legends didn’t catch the problem!!! So again face the truth don’t be a liar! You didn’t have it right! But it is right now!!! And I told all the peckerwoods the Los monitors, and the Florida crackers it was wrong but everyone wanted to insist I was a dummy it had to be I did it it right I screwed up on and on!!!
I said in another post a former neighbor in California said more eloquently than I would the card and system isn’t what it’s cracked up to be!! I even told you little Shawn that I had been told before I pulled the trigger on this that That the CSR is terrible here I know can agree! I would discourage any others to take a long look at something else!! I already have been and will continue to tell everyone that aks that this system takes a back seat to others!!
suntravel
CNC Control System Serial Number: 6433DB0446C1-08115074

Post by suntravel »

No one called you a dummy, because the way you present yourself is way below a dummy :lol:

The reason why I decided to go with Acorn was because I am a dummy in electronics, and the documentation and schematics were ok for my level of knowledge. So I followed the instructions and my first DIY CNC was running ok in one weekend.

IMHO Acorn is a stupid easy to install CNC and it is running very reliable.

But as Murphy says "Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool" :mrgreen:

Uwe