Centroid CNC12 v5.04 has been released. UPDATE v5.06 has been released.

All things related to the Centroid Acorn CNC Controller

Moderator: cnckeith

Nigelo
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: F045DA80C8B8-0905181172
E415F6F70BC3-0318203049
98F07B91FC6B-0123236802
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Centroid CNC12 v5.0 has been released. Click here to download.

Post by Nigelo »

suntravel wrote: New V5 Demo/offline crashes if I want to config Motor, both lathe and mill.

Uwe
Following Uwe's example, I have discovered a possible error in setting up a Metric Job on a Lathe in Imperial configuration.

Intercon does not appear to output a G21 but remains in G20 inches. Also note that the Graphing, and therefore toolpath, is different between the IMP and Metric version - The start and finish (Red rapids) of the IMP is correct but the Metric version is clearly not

Note: This applies to BOTH offline Demo v5.0 and live Pro v5.0. I attach copies of both LTH and CNC files produced on the live machine within minutes of each other

Usual report also attached in case this helps

Nigel

Edited to say that manually correcting G20 in the G code header to G21 corrects the program and the apparent toolpath / graphing
Attachments
report_98F07B91FC6B-0123236802_2023-05-16_15-53-18.zip
(914.8 KiB) Downloaded 14 times
TestMetric.lth
(526 Bytes) Downloaded 12 times
TestMetric.cnc
G21 missing
(966 Bytes) Downloaded 16 times
TestIMP.lth
(526 Bytes) Downloaded 10 times
TestIMP.cnc
Works as intended
(1.02 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
"You can lead a horse to water but you cannot force it to drink"
Hope this helps
Nigel
cnckeith
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: Centroid CNC12 v5.02 has been released. Click here to download.

Post by cnckeith »

CNC12 v5.02 has been released. 5-19-23

Download here: https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... loads.html
refresh page to see latest.

v5.02 Release Notes

1.) Fixed Acorn/AcornSix Wizard ATC menu bug where it would not remember settings if it wasn’t an integer. Also, added selection for fixed or not fixed TT for Rack Mount “Maintain Tool Offset Library” selection in the ATC Wizard setup menu to tell the CNC12 tool library auto measure F key to used fixed TT location or not.

2.) Improved Acorn/AcornSix Rack Mount ATC macros. Improved macros automatically check to see if any of these inputs are assigned and uses them if they are.

Inputs: DrawBarReleased or ToolisUnclamped, SpindleIsOriented, VFDZeroSpeed,, PressureLowMessage or PressureLowStop or ATCAirPressureOk (recommend ATCAirPressureOK for ATC applications).

Outputs: Orient Spindle, UnclampTool and ATCAirBlowActivate

The Wizard generated v5.02 ATC macros work with any combination of these Input and outputs, and even no inputs or outputs at all!

3.) Added spindle cooling fan delta timer to the Wizard (P997). This delay timer works automatically in conjunction with the output “SpindleCoolingFan” and will keep the fan on for what ever amount of time is specified.

4.) Fixed an issue where laser ballscrew (position) compensation was only working for the first three axes.

5.) Added Plasma Cutter compatibility additions in plasma macros for support of Everlast and Primeweld cutters.

6.) Updated Plasma profiles to support Arc Ok for non-hypertherm cutters.

7.) Fixed a bug where Plasma Restart Mode would not use commanded feedrates when resuming a job.

8.) Options screen reinstated to Oak, Allin1DC and MPU11 installations which was accidentally omitted in v5.0

9.) Deprecated Skinning call Job.GetUserVolatileSystemVariable. Added Skinning calls Job.GetUserSystemVariable (#100-#159, #29000-#31999) and Job.GetUserStringSystemVariable (#300-#399) This is better because now this gives access to all user variables.

10.) Plasma Intercon graph will now zoom towards the center of the graph, rather than towards (0,0) and added option to ‘flip’ x y for viewing the way the user would like to see the display.

11.) Fixed Plasma screen flicker when using keyboard jogging.

12.) Improved the M44 Surface Plate macro to be more robust.

13.) Added support for WMPG-6+ in the stock Oak and Allin1DC standard PLC programs. Updating the stock ATC PLC programs is still in progress and will be committed in next release. (user can always edit their own as well)

14.) Reinstated "Trail On" in Plasma in Run time graphics
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
suntravel
CNC Control System Serial Number: 6433DB0446C1-08115074

Post by suntravel »

Updating from 5 to 5.02 will be ok with restore report?

Uwe
cnckeith

Post by cnckeith »

suntravel wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 12:06 am Updating from 5 to 5.02 will be ok with restore report?

Uwe

If you're not using or do not want any of the features
that have associated PLC program changes and or parameters new or modified that are listed on the release notes, you can restore report. Otherwise, do a fresh install and configure as usual to have a fully functioning 5.02
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
ajcnc3245

Post by ajcnc3245 »

Hello Mr keith my question is why when i created a a job on the intercom and created the G code them i posted the tool post movement start front rear to the front to move tu cut but no cutting action cuz is going out cuttin insted of in cutting what am i doing wron Mr keith help please?
cnckeith

Post by cnckeith »

ajcnc3245 wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 10:13 am Hello Mr keith my question is why when i created a a job on the intercom and created the G code them i posted the tool post movement start front rear to the front to move tu cut but no cutting action cuz is going out cuttin insted of in cutting what am i doing wron Mr keith help please?
ok really need more info to help, and you should start a new thread.
i would guess that you have a lathe?
sounds like you are running feed per rev and need encoder feedback for that to work. if so, choose feed per minute if you don't have an encoder.

to get good help in future posts please follow the posting guidelines here.
http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
cnckeith

Post by cnckeith »

Nigelo wrote:Following Uwe's example, I have discovered a possible error in setting up a Metric Job on a Lathe in Imperial configuration.

Intercon does not appear to output a G21 but remains in G20 inches. Also note that the Graphing, and therefore toolpath, is different between the IMP and Metric version - The start and finish (Red rapids) of the IMP is correct but the Metric version is clearly not

Note: This applies to BOTH offline Demo v5.0 and live Pro v5.0. I attach copies of both LTH and CNC files produced on the live machine within minutes of each other

Usual report also attached in case this helps

Nigel

Edited to say that manually correcting G20 in the G code header to G21 corrects the program and the apparent toolpath / graphing
hello.
when CNC12 is set to inches, Intercon outputs Inches.
when CNC12 is set to metric, Intercon outputs millimeters
Nigelo
CNC Control System Serial Number: F045DA80C8B8-0905181172
E415F6F70BC3-0318203049
98F07B91FC6B-0123236802

Post by Nigelo »

cnckeith wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 1:59 pm hello.
Thanks Keith that's taken as read but perhaps I was not sufficiently clear.

Lathe CNC12 setup and calibrated in inches
Intercon setup in inches as this is my usual requirement and the default for above

To machine the ocassional one-off metric jobs, change Intercon setup to metric as follows and all works fine as expected:
Intercon Setup.JPG
However, we can also toggle (using spacebar) individual Intercon job headers from Inches to metric and vice versa as follows:
Intercon Job Inches to Metric.JPG
There is no warning, either within Intercon or in the Manual, that this does NOT change G20 to G21 or vice versa in the generated G-code as could be expected.

Since my original post, I note this is not restricted to CNC12 v5.x but was also there in Offline back to v4.18 and live back to at least v4.82 on both Lathe and Mill.

Could you therefore consider a small advisory in the manual's Intercon section and/or perform an updated G20/G21 in output G-code to be consistent where the Intercon Header Units differ from the Intercon Setup. Alteratively, a warning to the user in the form of a popup when toggling the Header Units might be appropriate.

This is not meant as any kind of criticism, just my observations in case it helps - or my 2 cents as you say.

ps: Thanks again for the excellent work with v5.02 which installed without probs on all 3 of my machines
"You can lead a horse to water but you cannot force it to drink"
Hope this helps
Nigel
cnckeith

Post by cnckeith »

Nigelo wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 8:08 am
cnckeith wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 1:59 pm hello.
Thanks Keith that's taken as read but perhaps I was not sufficiently clear.

Lathe CNC12 setup and calibrated in inches
Intercon setup in inches as this is my usual requirement and the default for above

To machine the ocassional one-off metric jobs, change Intercon setup to metric as follows and all works fine as expected:

Intercon Setup.JPG

However, we can also toggle (using spacebar) individual Intercon job headers from Inches to metric and vice versa as follows:

Intercon Job Inches to Metric.JPG

There is no warning, either within Intercon or in the Manual, that this does NOT change G20 to G21 or vice versa in the generated G-code as could be expected.

Since my original post, I note this is not restricted to CNC12 v5.x but was also there in Offline back to v4.18 and live back to at least v4.82 on both Lathe and Mill.

Could you therefore consider a small advisory in the manual's Intercon section and/or perform an updated G20/G21 in output G-code to be consistent where the Intercon Header Units differ from the Intercon Setup. Alteratively, a warning to the user in the form of a popup when toggling the Header Units might be appropriate.

This is not meant as any kind of criticism, just my observations in case it helps - or my 2 cents as you say.

ps: Thanks again for the excellent work with v5.02 which installed without probs on all 3 of my machines

thanks for the clarification, i did not realize you were changing it in the header, will look into it. -k
cnckeith

Post by cnckeith »

Acorn v5.02 limit switch defeat VCP button got broken.

we were working on making things the same between Acorn and AcornSix and the Acorn limit defeat button got broken but it is and easy fix. applies to Acorn ONLY (not AcornSix)

If your Limit Switch Defeat button is not working, open the limit defeat button XML file and change the skin even number from 67 to 25

<vcp_button>
<skin_event_num>25</skin_event_num>
<plc_output>
<number>1109</number>
<color_on>#EC1C24</color_on>
<color_off>#81151C</color_off>
</plc_output>
</vcp_button>

save the file.

restart cnc12