Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: New Build: SYIL X4 CNC Mill, Clearpath SDSK, C86ACCP & Centroid Acorn

Post by martyscncgarage »

Those are original to the machine as shipped from Syil.
Automationdirect.com sells some good couplings
For example: https://www.automationdirect.com/adc/sh ... -55c-24-24

Do you have a build thread showing your machine? Post in your thread asking for suggestions. After understanding your build we can make some suggestions.
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
tuffduck
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Post by tuffduck »

I will start a build thread
my3rdgirlfriend

Post by my3rdgirlfriend »

This is my first posting so be gentle ! Huan Yang VFD 220 volt HY02D223B, 3 clearpath SDSK's, IPC 5, powerhub 4, C86ACCP, Centroid Acorn, CNC12,Beelink computer, Acer 22" touchscreen. My build started 18 years ago and for the last 5 years saving for the electronics.
Marty, you are awesome for sharing your information and I greatly appreciate it. I am a bit overwhelmed with all the information and I'm losing my hair from pulling it out with my frustrations of not understanding. What is your background, you are so familer with all this electronics ? sorry for all these questions but I've been holding back for sooo long I'm not good with these forum things, I'll probably get yelled at !
1. The videos are great, but is there anyway you could put it in a schematic format so I can see where all the wires go ?
2. I don't undestand how that contactor actually works, can you explain ? and maybe a drawing to what goes where
3. Where did you get the snubber quenshark suppressor and part number please.
4. I have filename: S14984 DWG for Huan Yang VFD ( non specific ) it shows spindle OK going to IN5, I think in your build IN5 is for drive OK, so where should I go with the drive OK signal now ?
sleepless in Wisconsin, Chris
martyscncgarage
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes

my3rdgirlfriend wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:18 pm This is my first posting so be gentle ! Huan Yang VFD 220 volt HY02D223B, 3 clearpath SDSK's, IPC 5, powerhub 4, C86ACCP, Centroid Acorn, CNC12,Beelink computer, Acer 22" touchscreen. My build started 18 years ago and for the last 5 years saving for the electronics.
Marty, you are awesome for sharing your information and I greatly appreciate it. I am a bit overwhelmed with all the information and I'm losing my hair from pulling it out with my frustrations of not understanding. What is your background, you are so familer with all this electronics ? sorry for all these questions but I've been holding back for sooo long I'm not good with these forum things, I'll probably get yelled at !
1. The videos are great, but is there anyway you could put it in a schematic format so I can see where all the wires go ?
2. I don't undestand how that contactor actually works, can you explain ? and maybe a drawing to what goes where
3. Where did you get the snubber quenshark suppressor and part number please.
4. I have filename: S14984 DWG for Huan Yang VFD ( non specific ) it shows spindle OK going to IN5, I think in your build IN5 is for drive OK, so where should I go with the drive OK signal now ?
sleepless in Wisconsin, Chris
Hi Chris,
First do you have some basic electrical/electronics experience? Is this your firs CNC build?
Let's start with your first question
1: Schematic to can be found here for the C86ACCP and Clearpath:https://www.centroidcnc.com/dealersuppo ... 072.r4.pdf. Use it along with this build thread to check your work.
2. Estop contactor is an electrical switch. Here is the basic Estop Contactor Circuit: https://www.centroidcnc.com/dealersuppo ... 117.r1.pdf
3: Centroid Sells Quencharc snubbers: https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... nents.html Search the page for quencharc) The value is 600V 100 ohm. It can be sourced from many electronics suppliers as well
4. You can use any available input for the VFD SpindleOk input.

Keep in mind ever build is a little different. So, for example, if you use the Estop contactor (and you should), You will need an Estop contactor with 3 normally poles ("switches") You will use one pole for power to the IPC-5 Power supply, You will use One pole for the VFD, you will use one pole for the C86ACCP. The Estop contactor, will open and remove power to the Clearpath drives, it will disable the VFD, and it will disable the C86ACCP
It is a safety device.

ALL Acorn Documentation can be found here (As an FYI): https://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Make sure you download and read the Acorn Installation manual.

Start a New Build thread. Make sure to post pictures of your project and your questions as you go along. When you are working with CNC12 always post a fresh report, F7 Utilities F7 Create Report

Marty
Mesa, AZ
my3rdgirlfriend

Hey Marty, Thanks so much for your help. I do have some basic elect. knowledge, I won't go into a breaker panel though, I have a buddy that will do that. This is my first CNC build and like I said, I've been building it for 18 years so I had many changes. I do have an E-stop working already and I ordered the Eaton XTCE009B10A XT-IEC Contactor, I was able to zoom in on your great pictures to copy some of your same items. That schematic helped clear up most of my misunderstandings.
1. Is that the snubber between A and A2 ?
I'm 62 years old and I was afraid I'd never finish this project. My brother in law gave me crap about finishing this when I first started. I will start a build thread with pictures when I complete. Chris
martyscncgarage

my3rdgirlfriend wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 5:36 pm Hey Marty, Thanks so much for your help. I do have some basic elect. knowledge, I won't go into a breaker panel though, I have a buddy that will do that. This is my first CNC build and like I said, I've been building it for 18 years so I had many changes. I do have an E-stop working already and I ordered the Eaton XTCE009B10A XT-IEC Contactor, I was able to zoom in on your great pictures to copy some of your same items. That schematic helped clear up most of my misunderstandings.
1. Is that the snubber between A and A2 ?
I'm 62 years old and I was afraid I'd never finish this project. My brother in law gave me crap about finishing this when I first started. I will start a build thread with pictures when I complete. Chris
Snubber goes across the coil.
Marty
Mesa, AZ
my3rdgirlfriend

Hey Marty, it's been a while and I've yet to finish my build. I know 24 volts goes to the E stop contactor but I don't quite understand the dwg. and where to insert the wires on the contactor...I'm not an electrian by trade so I need a little more than it shows, like the + lead and - lead goes from the power supply goes here and here. As well as a real picture of actual wires going in the e stop contactor and the quencharc snubber across the coil. The dwg. may show all of this but again I need more please.
I have these 3 great dwgs. but I need it to show the e stop contactor,e stop switch, Huan Yang VFD, CNC4PC C86ACCP, Clearpath motors and power supply and the Acorn CNC board all together in one dwg. I don't know how to combine it all. I am personally just not wired like many of you are.
Marty I appreciate your help, love what you've done and can do, you make it look simple. Now just put it ALL on a 4 x 8 sheet of plywood and take a real good picture so I can zoom in and see every single wire and placement.....as if. I wish LOL. Thank you sir. Chris

https://photos.google.com/album/AF1QipM ... SDOAANfBYj
martyscncgarage

my3rdgirlfriend wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:01 pm Hey Marty, it's been a while and I've yet to finish my build. I know 24 volts goes to the E stop contactor but I don't quite understand the dwg. and where to insert the wires on the contactor...I'm not an electrian by trade so I need a little more than it shows, like the + lead and - lead goes from the power supply goes here and here. As well as a real picture of actual wires going in the e stop contactor and the quencharc snubber across the coil. The dwg. may show all of this but again I need more please.
I have these 3 great dwgs. but I need it to show the e stop contactor,e stop switch, Huan Yang VFD, CNC4PC C86ACCP, Clearpath motors and power supply and the Acorn CNC board all together in one dwg. I don't know how to combine it all. I am personally just not wired like many of you are.
Marty I appreciate your help, love what you've done and can do, you make it look simple. Now just put it ALL on a 4 x 8 sheet of plywood and take a real good picture so I can zoom in and see every single wire and placement.....as if. I wish LOL. Thank you sir. Chris

https://photos.google.com/album/AF1QipM ... SDOAANfBYj
Chris, your Google album like does not work for me. Click on Share and then copy link. Paste the link here.

Marty
Mesa, AZ
my3rdgirlfriend

Hope this works now. Thanks Marty

https://photos.app.goo.gl/se47bPpkQEVofBQx5
martyscncgarage

I'm not home currently. Take a look at the Acorn system schematic on how to wire the estop relay coil to you estop power supply and button with two NC contact blocks.
You wire from the positive terminal of you estop power supply (NOT the Acorn logic power supply and usually separate 1 or 2 amp 24vdc power supply to match the contactor coil voltage) through one of the estop button NC contact blocks then in series through an Acorn output relay NO contact, the to the positive terminal on the Estop relay coil.
The negative terminal on the Estop power supply goes to the negative terminal of your Estop relay coil.

You need three normally open contacts in your estop contactor.
1 breaks the VFD Common
1 breaks power to your IPC-5
1 closes the NO Fault input to C86ACCP

When I get home, I'll try and review the Centroid Teknic schematics, and perhaps sketch something for you
Marty
Mesa, AZ