Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Couple CNC 12 questions

Post by Blades »

After getting used to the Acorn and CNC 12 (and loving both), there's a couple changes I'd like to make but so far can't find the answer to

1a) Tool Touch Off speed: I have the probe speed set to 10 & 5 (fast & slow, respectively) but it seems to default to 10 & 1, ignoring the numbers I put in for fast & slow. 1 ipm is way too slow. I use the AUTO Z PLATE to set Z zero, using a very simple 2-wire touch off device. Any pointers on this?

1b) Is there any way to configure a single-tap to the tool touch off? Not only is the 1 ipm far too slow, that 2nd tap is totally unnecessary for my application. A 10 ipm single tool touch off would be ideal.

2) Is there any way to change the default location that CNC 12 defaults to when loading files?

As usual, thanks for any help!

- Bill
Sword
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Plasma CNC Controller: No
AcornSix CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Hickory CNC Controller: No

Re: Couple CNC 12 questions

Post by Sword »

2) This has been on my wish list for a long time 8-) , but in the meantime, this workaround I figured out 3 years ago still works.

And a repost here...https://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic. ... 167#p39167

Here's a copy of that repost....

This would seem to be some kind of a Windows Form kind of thing and it seems that CNC12 doesn't use the standard Open File form or something else is going on behind the scenes (best/worst description of it). The only thing I have found that makes it open to the last used folder, is to do this...

Open Windows File Explorer and go to 'View/Options/Change folder and search options' and check 'Show frequently used folders in Quick access' and for the fun of it, 'Clear file explorer history', the F2/Load windows select a file dialog will now remember your last loaded location. It might take a CNC12 reload to get it started. This has to be redone anytime you update CNC12 and you may occasionally want to remove folders from the Quick Launch list either manually with a right click or by going through the above steps again to flush it.
Scott
Sword

Post by Sword »

1a) There's an error in the Auto Z to Plate macro (mfunc.44). Lines #108 and #113 have a copy/paste error. Each line has the default slow probing rate of 1"/min being set when they should be reading parameter #9015 if it is set.

Line #108 should read...

Code: Select all

IF [#9015 != 0] && [#4006 == 20] THEN #103 = #9015    ;If slow probing rate != 0, set to value in #9015
and line #113 should read...

Code: Select all

IF [#9015 != 0] && [#4006 == 21] THEN #103 = #9015    ;If slow probing rate != 0, set to value in #9015
Fixed mfunc.44 attached.

1b) You could edit the same macro to comment out or remove the second slow probe part, but beware of possible overrun from the fast probe. I like 10/3 and since I use the MPG to get down close before starting, the double probe takes little time.
Attachments
mfunc44.mac
(7.11 KiB) Downloaded 65 times
Scott
Blades
Acorn CNC Controller: No

Post by Blades »

Excellent, thank you for that info Scott. I will try that with Windows File Explorer next time I'm spending some quality time with it. Thanks also for the info on the Macro. Appreciated!
Allin1Chris
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by Allin1Chris »

This does appear to be a bug/typo with the Macro. Sword's recommendation is correct.

Thank you for finding this, the macro will be corrected to use Parameter 15 correctly in a future update of CNC12.
When requesting support READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043

Please ALWAYS post a FRESH report. To make a report: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecvg0VJp1oQ.

(We pride ourselves on providing timely solid technical support but, without good information we may not be able to help and/or reply until such information is posted.)

Centroid PLC Tutorial Videos
Blades

Post by Blades »

So, the macro is found in 2 locations: In cncm and in cncm\resources\wizard\macros

Which one is the "working" location? Working on a customization, and don't want to replace both if not necessary.
Sword

Post by Sword »

C:\cncm
Scott
Blades

Post by Blades »

In customizing the macro to my liking, I want to do a single tap, which I think I've gotten the second measurement deleted. Now, instead of the Z axis retracting to Z0, I want the final Z height after probing to be parameter 9013 (retract distance during probing) plus 9071(TT device height). So, after probing my Z axis should reading .450 (.250 + .200).

Any help on how the formatting would look would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: figured it out. Replaced G53 Z0 with G91 Z#9013 and it works as expected.
Screenshot 2022-03-23 175435.jpg