Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

AC closed loop stepper hookup

Post by Black Forest »

My Acorn arrived this morning! I have the Acorn communicating with the CNCpc. All that seems fine. The CNC12 software recognizes the Acorn. So now I need to bench test a motor. This is a nema 42 closed loop stepper running on 230V AC. I have the motor wired to the drive and jogged the motor with the drive set to jog mode and by pushing the up or down arrows on the drive itself the motor turns in both directions. The motor is a 3phase motor. The drive accepts the step and direction commands via a 'DB44 header. It wants 5v signals so I will connect to the DB 25 on the Acorn. This is a Chinese driver/motor combo from Rattmmotor bought off Ebay . I received it in two days after ordering. They have a German warehouse. I bought is also to make sure a nema 42 size motor would bolt up to my mill. My plan all along has been to use Delta brand servos on this knee mill. I will try this motor on the knee to see if it has enough power to move the knee acceptably. It is a 20nm motor. I only bought one in order to see if it would play nice with the Acorn and if it was not a piece of junk. It only cost €400 delivered so no big loss if it ends up a boat anchor!

I looked for a video showing how to wire the step/direction signals to the drive. I have attached the manual for the drive. Maybe one of you could steer me in the right direction. I didn't attach a report thinking it wasn't necessary at this point.
3HSS2260驱动器-说明书.pdf
(831.88 KiB) Downloaded 64 times
Black Forest
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No

Re: AC closed loop stepper hookup

Post by Black Forest »

Also I had no idea which drive preset to start with in the wizard. I though maybe I would have to do a custom and start from scratch.
Centroid_Tech2
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by Centroid_Tech2 »

When requesting support READ THIS POST first. viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043

Please ALWAYS post a FRESH report. To make a report: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecvg0VJp1oQ.

(We pride ourselves on providing timely solid technical support but, without good information we may not be able to help and/or reply until such information is posted.)
Black Forest
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No

Post by Black Forest »

acorn desk.jpg
Acorn now has control of my motor! Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. Every thing is sitting on my desk in my office. I have two computers, two monitors, two keyboards and two mouse(mice)! One is in German the other English and I am constantly using the wrong mouse or keyboard!
cnckeith
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by cnckeith »

great to see the bench test.
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html