Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 20422
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Software Locking Up

Post by 9wdragline »

For a month or so I've been having trouble editing a new ICN program and the system locks up with a error 25. Not sure if this is related to the software locking up but I discovered that the CPU heat sink was loose and the tab on the heat sinks mount was broken, so I cleaned the cpu and replaced the the whole cooler/mount and reapplied the thermal compound. It seemed to fix the problem until today and the only way I found to fix the problem temporarily is just shutting down the whole system and restarting it.

I attached the report.zip, Let me know if I need to include any more info. Thanks
Attachments
report.zip
(130.57 KiB) Downloaded 69 times
cncsnw

Re: Software Locking Up

Post by cncsnw »

Do you get the error any time you create a new ICN program, no matter how short and simple the filename (i.e. no spaces or punctuation marks in the name)?

I am not familiar with an "error 25". Where on the screen does this appear, and what does it look like? Does it happen when you first create the ICN program (File -> New -> enter name -> F10)? Or does it happen after you have entered some operations, and you choose F10/Post to save it, post it, and return to CNC10?

It is possible you have motherboard or CPU damage, if it ran for a while with a cracked heat sink bracket.

It is also possible -- especially if this is the original red MSI motherboard -- that you have swollen or leaking capacitors around the CPU socket, and that is leading to instability.
CaffCo
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 20-422
CNC12: No
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by CaffCo »

Ill be replying on this account from now on since the account that created the topic is my dads account. The error 25 went away after replacing the CPU heat sink and fan, it was a error given in dos when booting up the machine.

I woke up the machine this morning and was greeted with this. "CPU PIC Offline & Jog panel fault"
IMG_1296.JPEG
After taking it off emergency stop I see a new error "(OPEN) Error saving job information!"
IMG_1297.jpeg
The mobo is GA-M68M-S2P I was lucky enough to have a few old desktops laying around from the same era to take parts from to replace the whole heat sink mount and fan.
I did pull the whole mobo out and didn't notice any warpage to the board or any swollen capacitors.
IMG_1295.JPEG
centroidsupport
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
CNC12: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by centroidsupport »

Did you try to re-seat the motion control card? It's possible it got jostled while you were installing the fan
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

Plugging in the jog panel cable backwards can also cause "CPU PIC Offline".