Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: KI04039
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Hi Cup DC servo motor kp ki kd

Post by TD-4242 »

I was playing around with the tapered pulleys that are on these Hicup motors. The tapered shaft bore part is actually just press fit into the rest of the pully so it should be rather trivial to adapt them to any servo.
20210112_183638.jpg
DanTheMan
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Plasma CNC Controller: No
AcornSix CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Hickory CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none

Re: Hicup DC servo motor kp ki kd

Post by DanTheMan »

I'm curious, did you ever get this system running with the Hi Cup Motors? I have slightly older Cup Motors mine are 1981 and have Yaskawa Drives, didn't know if I should try the All in 1 Dc or something different. I like the idea of using All in 1 DC and not using my Rotary Phase converter.
TD-4242
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: KI04039

Re: Hicup DC servo motor kp ki kd

Post by TD-4242 »

I have gotten them to an acceptable state but far from ideal. They like to make a lot of noise when trying to hold position. the movement is less than .0001 since normally it will hold there, but every once in a while I think it lands right now the cutover and it'll bounce between two tenths.

This has been a hobby project for me so the timeline has grown as time and life produced a lot of delays. I still have a list of items to get completed, but I am very close to being at a minimal useable state. Still programing some of the PLC and M macros, but making slow progress.

I do think that next year I'll likely replace these servos with newer dc servos. Marty recommended I start that way and of course he was right.