Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Oak home file

Post by carocad »

hello, I am building a CNC router using Oak board and standard PLC file for Mill.
today i got to the homing part in the manual, but after setting the machine start to home reboot and cycle start, instead of homing it will start the last job.
i looked into the CNCM folder and could not find the cncm.hom file
should i create one?
cncsnw

Re: Oak home file

Post by cncsnw »

If home is already set, then pressing Cycle Start will run the currently-loaded job.

If home is not yet set, then pressing Cycle Start will find or set home (depending on your selections on the Control Configuration screen).

Rebooting the computer does not un-set home.

Powering the Oak unit off and back on will un-set home, so that when you run CNC12 again, it will prompt you to press Cycle Start to find or set home.
carocad
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No

Post by carocad »

cncnw thank you for your response.
can you please help me locate the homing file.
i did a search on the C: but did not find any file cncm.hom or any *.hom
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

It would be in the c:\cncm directory (assuming you have Mill software installed). I cannot tell what software you have installed, because you have not posted a Report.

If, on a cold start, you do not see the "Machine home not set. Press Cycle Start to [find/set] home" message, then perhaps you have defeated the requirement for homing, by setting Machine Parameter 5. I cannot tell what value you have in Machine Parameter 5, because you have not posted a Report.

Assuming homing is required -- and this is the default behavior, with Parameter 5 = 0 -- then what happens when you press Cycle Start depends on what homing method you have selected on the Control Configuration screen. If you have selected "Jog" to home, then your control will simply set home where it sits when you press Cycle Start, and no homing file will be required or created. If you have selected "Home switch" or "Ref Mark / HS", then when you press Cycle Start to home for the first time, CNC12 will automatically create a suitable cncm.hom file. I cannot tell what homing method you have selected on the Control Configuration screen, because you have not posted a Report.
martyscncgarage
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

carocad wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:37 pm hello, I am building a CNC router using Oak board and standard PLC file for Mill.
today i got to the homing part in the manual, but after setting the machine start to home reboot and cycle start, instead of homing it will start the last job.
i looked into the CNCM folder and could not find the cncm.hom file
should i create one?
TIP.
When asking for help, ALWAYS post a FRESH Report (F7 Utility, F7 Create Report) it contains your machine parameters....including the HOM file and how you have set up your homing. We could look at and provide better suggestions.

Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
carocad
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No

Post by carocad »

thank you all. I can confirm that file cncm.hom is not part of the installation files, but it will be created after first time you initiate home.