Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Info request Dc3io

Post by Ckbuilt »

Hey guys. Could anybody give me an idea as to which component is causing the issue with my system? (I tried to add a video but was unable to). The best way I can describe it after about an hour or so of the system being on, not running, just on, I’ll get a earring message saying to notify the dealer etc etc and when I press return to cnc10, I get a huge amount of glitching, fault code after fault code of random errors, feed hold, and so on as well as the system Id number jumping around to different numbers, and the keyboard is completely useless at that point so I’m forced to hard crash the computer.

Now I’ve previously have been trying to fix a “servo drive fault” error that this system has had and all all fingers tend to be pointing at the cpu10 even tho fibers 4 and 5 both have light coming through. So I’m hoping this is an issue with the cpu10 as I was going to send that in to have it inspected anyways I know that’s not a whole lot of information to go off of, but if someone has any idea where that problems would be originating from, I’d appreciate your opinion. Again. Not looking for a fix, just which component would be causing the problem because I need to know if I only need to send the cpu10 in, or if I need to send both cpu10 and Dc3io in for repairs Thanks
eng199
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes

Re: Info request Dc3io

Post by eng199 »

Try cleaning the CPU10 edge connector with alcohol and blowing out the motherboard slot with air. Plug / unplug the card a few times to scrape off any remaining film that may have built up on the contacts.

Sometimes this is all it takes. Otherwise, you will probably need to send in the CPU10. They are fairly complex to repair, but usually don't break. Issues with the system ID are unlikely to originate from any other component.
Ckbuilt
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: No

Post by Ckbuilt »

Perfect. I’m already sending the cpu10 in for an unrelated repair, so if cleaning the contacts doesn’t fix anything, then at least it’s already being sent it. Thank for the confirmation 👍🏻
cnckeith
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes

Post by cnckeith »

my favorite way to clean the edge contacts is with a good quality pencil eraser and then be sure to clean off all the debris from that with deoxit. https://amzn.to/360oTBM

this machine is from 1998 (PC was upgraded about 8 years ago) and we had to perform this type of clean up and reseat the cpu card not too long ago, now its running like new. It sits in an un airconditioned room open to the humid outside air! a Torture chamber for machine and control components. :D
1998_mag.PNG
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html