Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

turn off jog lock

Post by BillB »

Is there a parameter to turn off the jog lock function in both the CNC12 mill and lathe? Trying to learn my lathe and it's driving me a bit nutty, it keeps locking on me while jogging up to the workpiece and taking skim cuts, this is happing when using mouse not my finger.
cnckeith
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: turn off jog lock

Post by cnckeith »

hello. not sure what you mean by 'lock' . there is no jog lock. post a fresh report.zip so we can see the error logs of the machine.
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
BillB
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No

Post by BillB »

Keith, here is a report. Maybe I'm not using the correct Centroid terminology. SO Simply put the jog function is locking on me when using the mouse to get close to the workpiece. is happing when I'm in continuous jog mode by clicking many times over and over as I get close to the work piece. Crashed into the spindle once because of it. did not react fast enough ; (
Attachments
report_6433DB044D1E-0623214856_2021-10-10_01-16-05.zip
(620.12 KiB) Downloaded 67 times
polaraligned
Acorn CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 1030090103

Post by polaraligned »

If you are in continuous jog mode, you should not have to click many times as you stated. You are probably clicking faster than can be processed in real time. If you are creeping up the last bit and clicking away, you should be in incremental mode. There is nothing like an MPG for moving the final bit.

You have many of these resend requests. Check and/or replace your ethernet cable.

(4) 10-08-2021 16:50:39 944 MPU requested resend # 103
(4) 10-08-2021 16:50:39 946 PC resending # 940
(4) 10-08-2021 16:50:40 944 MPU requested resend # 111
(4) 10-08-2021 16:50:40 946 PC resending # 1003
(4) 10-08-2021 16:52:16 944 MPU requested resend # 112
(4) 10-08-2021 16:52:16 946 PC resending # 1005
cnckeith
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by cnckeith »

Review your steps per rev settings as well, they are currently at 800. minimum recommended is 1600. read this.

viewtopic.php?f=63&t=1801

and i 2nd what polaraligned said.. you need to fix the communication errors. go back to basics and fix that.

follow.

viewtopic.php?f=61&t=1451

viewtopic.php?f=61&t=4665

viewtopic.php?f=61&t=1456
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
BillB

Post by BillB »

I got my Pendant but did not realize I needed to upgrade to pro to use it, so I’m working on that to get upgraded. I use one at work and yes it’s exactly what I need just not there yet. Im it’s using continuous jog to get close then switch to incremental. Still would like to know why it’s locking on me?

Someone said it you FAT finger while jogging that will lock it? Not sure what that means, I think it was in my posts about touch screen monitors I will see who posted that and ask them.

As for the comm errors, this has been an issue since day 1 and setting up this computer which I bought used on eBay has a fresh win 10 install on it. Marty has told me several to fix it as well, there are just so many things to do and learn when building a system.

I looked at the links provided but what am I’m looking for to fix this? Is it a IP address issue or something else? When I set up the PC I followed the steps exactly as per Marty’s CNCPC video. Updated everything including drivers.

Can you tell me what those errors mean and what it is? Can someone tell me if these errors could be the result of a LOOSE Ethernet connection????? Reason I ask is many times when booting CNC12 both mill and lathe sometimes it will not connect and I get the error saying can not connect. Usually both or one light is out on the port. However I shut down CNC12 disconnect the Ethernet cable and plug it back in. This fixes the connection issue almost every time. As I work I have been diligently keeping my my eye on the Ethernet port and consistently notice that both leds are sometimes lit and other times not lit, and sometimes the green one is on only and vis versa. Is this normal? OR should both lights be on all the time?

Could the Ethernet cable that came with my Acorn be bad?
PC only has 1 Ethernet port so I purchased an external USB to Ethernet port. Should I try Connecting Acorn to it?
tblough
CNC Control System Serial Number: 100505
7804732B977B-0624192192

Post by tblough »

Certain touchscreens (mainly "multi" touch) can cause the behavior you describe. Resisitive touch screens (industrial) are better than capacitive (consumer) touchscreens.

Is the Acorn connected to the built-in Ethernet port? The Acorn should never be connected to a USB adapter. USB ports add latency and power saving features that will DEFINITELY cause problems.
Cheers,

Tom
Confidence is the feeling you have before you fully understand the situation.
I have CDO. It's like OCD, but the letters are where they should be.
polaraligned
Acorn CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 1030090103

Post by polaraligned »

BillB wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:34 pm I got my Pendant but did not realize I needed to upgrade to pro to use it, so I’m working on that to get upgraded. I use one at work and yes it’s exactly what I need just not there yet. Im it’s using continuous jog to get close then switch to incremental. Still would like to know why it’s locking on me?

Someone said it you FAT finger while jogging that will lock it? Not sure what that means, I think it was in my posts about touch screen monitors I will see who posted that and ask them.

As for the comm errors, this has been an issue since day 1 and setting up this computer which I bought used on eBay has a fresh win 10 install on it. Marty has told me several to fix it as well, there are just so many things to do and learn when building a system.

I looked at the links provided but what am I’m looking for to fix this? Is it a IP address issue or something else? When I set up the PC I followed the steps exactly as per Marty’s CNCPC video. Updated everything including drivers.

Can you tell me what those errors mean and what it is? Can someone tell me if these errors could be the result of a LOOSE Ethernet connection????? Reason I ask is many times when booting CNC12 both mill and lathe sometimes it will not connect and I get the error saying can not connect. Usually both or one light is out on the port. However I shut down CNC12 disconnect the Ethernet cable and plug it back in. This fixes the connection issue almost every time. As I work I have been diligently keeping my my eye on the Ethernet port and consistently notice that both leds are sometimes lit and other times not lit, and sometimes the green one is on only and vis versa. Is this normal? OR should both lights be on all the time?

PC only has 1 Ethernet port so I purchased an external USB to Ethernet port. Should I try Connecting Acorn to it?
You are using a mouse and not the touchscreen to job, so it is safe to say that the problem is not touchscreen related. Fat fingering is when you touch the screen and you don't get one definitive "click" but rather a stream of them. That normally only happens on capacitive touch screens. See what happens when you upgrade to Pro and get your pendant working.

As for the comm errors, purchase a new shielded cable and try it.

I personally choose not to use a used computer as most of them on ebay are quite old and were used in a commercial environment. It is possible that the ethernet port on your computer is flakey, but try a new cable first.
BillB

Post by BillB »

tblough wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:26 pm Certain touchscreens (mainly "multi" touch) can cause the behavior you describe. Resisitive touch screens (industrial) are better than capacitive (consumer) touchscreens.

Is the Acorn connected to the built-in Ethernet port? The Acorn should never be connected to a USB adapter. USB ports add latency and power saving features that will DEFINITELY cause problems.
It’s happing with the mouse not the touch screen. yes connected to the built in port.
BillB

Post by BillB »

polaraligned wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:02 pm
BillB wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:34 pm I got my Pendant but did not realize I needed to upgrade to pro to use it, so I’m working on that to get upgraded. I use one at work and yes it’s exactly what I need just not there yet. Im it’s using continuous jog to get close then switch to incremental. Still would like to know why it’s locking on me?

You are using a mouse and not the touchscreen to job, so it is safe to say that the problem is not touchscreen related. Fat fingering is when you touch the screen and you don't get one definitive "click" but rather a stream of them. That normally only happens on capacitive touch screens. See what happens when you upgrade to Pro and get your pendant working.

As for the comm errors, purchase a new shielded cable and try it.

I personally choose not to use a used computer as most of them on ebay are quite old and were used in a commercial environment. It is possible that the ethernet port on your computer is flakey, but try a new cable first.
I feel like it’s how the cable sits in the socket, it’s pretty loose possibly making the connection disconnect.

Would be nice is someone can tell me what the resends mean?