CNC Control System Serial Number: None
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Lathe broaching

Post by Scary »

Hi again,
I have converted my lathe and am amazed by the results. I should have done this year's ago however I have found something I used to do manually that cnc doesn't seem to want me to do. I used to lock the spindle with an index head and broach splines with the tool post and a profiled tool. I understand intercon won't be able to index the head, I'm happy to do this myself but it won't let me do a turning profile with the RPM set to 0. I have been removing the wires to the drive relay to trick it into thinking the spindle is turning bit that won't work for much longer as I am fitting the encoder circuit. Is there a parameter that I can change to allow me to turn at an RPM of zero or another function to achieve a "slotting" function?
cncsnw

Re: Lathe broaching

Post by cncsnw »

In your tool description, try setting the Spindle Direction to "NSP". That should post with an M5 (spindle off), and it won't matter what RPM you had to put in.
Scary
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: None

Post by Scary »

Awesome, thanks heaps 👍
vw_chuck
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 0035FF8FEB5F-0708203490

Post by vw_chuck »

If you make your moves in Inch per minute then it does not care about RPM. I broach with mine and have an encoder. I also lock the spindle manually.