CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Enable Lenze DC spindle drive

Post by LenelyWolf »

Hi again
Here is another question for my Lenze 535 DC spindle motor drive (not VFD). I'm not really crazy about safety features but this one really scares c..p out of me every time I power up my machine. My Lenze driver is always enable by jumper cable on enable pins and every time I power up the machine and cnc12 load before pressing first time reset, the spindle turn it self on for about a second. I've checked voltage on acorn analog outputs and I get roughly about 4-5 volts (hard to say because it is quick) for that 1 second. Can you please help me with enable connection? Here is everything I could find about it.

Link to driver manual
http://www.lenze.org.ua/pdf/530_Speed_c ... 202_EN.pdf

picture two shows connection diagram where pin 16 and 17 are enable pins and picture one shows everything I could find about that enable pins in the manual
Screenshot 2021-05-03 at 10.33.21.png
Screenshot 2021-05-03 at 10.31.48.png
I think it should be straight forward job I just don't want to mess this thing up. I already set one of the relay output for ‘VFD Enable’ and it nicely switch the relay on every time I run the spindle. Question is is it safe to just wire the relay up to pin 16 and 17 on Dc drive (middle pin on 16, right pin on 17)?
Thank you and sorry for creating multiple question for one dc driver...
martyscncgarage
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: Enable Lenze DC spindle drive

Post by martyscncgarage »

PLEASE stick to one thread.....
You should be using an Estop contactor. Route the spindle drive enable through one of the spare NO contacts on the Estop contactor. The spindle drive will not enable until you RESET the control and it is on line.
For reference look for the SYSTEM schematic in the Acorn schematic set.

Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
LenelyWolf
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No

Post by LenelyWolf »

martyscncgarage wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:06 am PLEASE stick to one thread.....
You should be using an Estop contactor. Route the spindle drive enable through one of the spare NO contacts on the Estop contactor. The spindle drive will not enable until you RESET the control and it is on line.

Marty
What number of the schematic it is you are talking about because I haven’t found any with enable drive in it. And what one thread do u mean.. this is brand new question
martyscncgarage
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

LenelyWolf wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:24 am
martyscncgarage wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:06 am PLEASE stick to one thread.....

Marty
What number of the schematic it is you are talking about because I haven’t found any with enable drive in it. And what one thread do u mean.. this is brand new question
What I meant is you should start a build thread for your project. Keep adding to the one thread as you go along rather than starting multiple new threads. Its harder for those of us that read all the posts to remember who has what project.

See Acorn S15010 Rev4 Acorn Standard System Schematic attached for your convenience.
You use Output 1 relay to control CNT1 which is an Estop Contactor. Look at the wiring on CNT1 13NO and 14NO
Attachments
S15010-ACORN_rev4_STANDARD_SYSTEM.pdf
(403.76 KiB) Downloaded 80 times
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
LenelyWolf
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No

Post by LenelyWolf »

Oh ok.. that is what i didn’t know... i thought it will be easier for other users with the same problem just to look for the problem rather then listing through thousand pages on one single thread... sorry for that.. I will do that in a future.
Thanks for the schematic.. will look into it right after i fond out why am i getting 90 volt on my ground