CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Estop Not Working <resolved>

Post by Eric S »

Hello All,

I'm having a strange issue with my latest build. The estop output 01 wont stay on green when I release my Estop switch. The input on H14 will stay lit up however, the relay output 01 keeps switching to off. I cant seem to find out what my issue is. I've set all the bench testing inputs to green as per the manual but cant get the machine to a point where I can jog my motors. Not getting any errors in my message box. Im currently using the Virtual Control panel to try and do my jogging. I don't have negative limit switches just positive ones and they are wired and working normally closed. Please take a look at my report and let me know what I'm missing.

I'm using the DYN4 servo motors. They have been setup with the active LOW and A/B pulse precision mode: Picture Attached below. Im sure its something small but I cant seem to figure it out. Thanks.
Attachments
report_0008DC111213-0114211086_2021-04-27_08-14-23.zip
(530.82 KiB) Downloaded 92 times
image_72192707 (1).JPG
cncsnw

Re: Estop Not Working

Post by cncsnw »

I see a couple possibilities.

First, you have Parameter 900 set to 1.0, which says that one PLCADD1616 board is required. Your mpu_info.txt file indicates that no expansion board is connected. It is not clear why you are not getting a "9061 Mini PLC 1 Communication Fault" message.

Second, you appear to have encoder differential errors on the Y and Z axes: either the cables from the drives are not connected; or the cables are faulty; or those drives are not powered up.
martyscncgarage
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: No
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

This might sound dumb, but your Estop button has TWO NC (normally Closed) contact blocks doesn't it?
Have you tested the contact blocks to make sure they are ok?

Really not enough information to go on, how you have the button contact blocks wired, one pair trips the Estop input, the other pair is part of the Estop contactor circuit...

Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
Eric S
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Post by Eric S »

Marty, CNCSNW you two always get me through my issues.
My problem was it was looking for the 1616 board in parameter 900. I set it to 0 and now it will stay on. Marty, I made the estop mistake having one NC and one NO leg on my last build so not a stupid suggestion...I made that mistake already. : :lol: Got it sorted and now onto jogging. Thanks guys.