Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: New Build: SYIL X4 CNC Mill, Clearpath SDSK, C86ACCP & Centroid Acorn

Post by TaylorPilot »

I'll take one, but I cannot get anyone over there to call me back. If I just order it on the website right now, will I get the updated one?
martyscncgarage
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

TaylorPilot wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:14 am I'll take one, but I cannot get anyone over there to call me back. If I just order it on the website right now, will I get the updated one?
Call during business hours, leave a message that you want one with terminal blocks
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
TaylorPilot
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC12: No

Post by TaylorPilot »

Awesome. I just placed an order for the controller, board and software. I left a note telling them I wanted the terminal version of the board, and will call in the morning to double check.
Richards

Post by Richards »

The one part about the new design that I'm not comfortable with is having only a single terminal for the four common wires. My work-around is using the Wago 221-415 lever-nut. That lever-nut has a common terminal for each of the four wires, plus a terminal to attach a single wire to the C86ACCP for each ClearPath motor. I always have a few boxes of the two terminal, three terminal, and five terminal lever nuts on hand. The price for the 5-terminal lever nut is around $25 per box of 25 from a local supplier.
221-415.png
-Mike Richards
martyscncgarage

Richards wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 6:39 pm The one part about the new design that I'm not comfortable with is having only a single terminal for the four common wires. My work-around is using the Wago 221-415 lever-nut. That lever-nut has a common terminal for each of the four wires, plus a terminal to attach a single wire to the C86ACCP for each ClearPath motor. I always have a few boxes of the two terminal, three terminal, and five terminal lever nuts on hand. The price for the 5-terminal lever nut is around $25 per box of 25 from a local supplier.

221-415.png
Agreed. They ran out of real estate. Taking one wire from the terminal and soldering to the other 4 is a better way to go.
Mesa, AZ
karthick0320

Post by karthick0320 »

Hello, I am currently working with the Clearpath SDSK motors and the previous version of the C86ACCP interface for my Centroid Acorn CNC. Everything was going smooth, but after I added the drive fault relay and the no fault terminal, I keep getting the drive fault error messages repeatedly while jogging the machine and also while trying to home it. I checked the connections and they seem to be fine. I have the enable jumpers to 1-2 soft and the active axis on. I also have the acorn enable jumper at on. Does it have something to do with the way I have my jumpers or could it be something with the motor(deposition in the brush, size too small)?

It would be greatly appreciated if someone could let me know where I am going wrong as I have been looking at various possible solutions, but they have not worked.

Karthick
martyscncgarage

karthick0320 wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 12:21 pm Hello, I am currently working with the Clearpath SDSK motors and the previous version of the C86ACCP interface for my Centroid Acorn CNC. Everything was going smooth, but after I added the drive fault relay and the no fault terminal, I keep getting the drive fault error messages repeatedly while jogging the machine and also while trying to home it. I checked the connections and they seem to be fine. I have the enable jumpers to 1-2 soft and the active axis on. I also have the acorn enable jumper at on. Does it have something to do with the way I have my jumpers or could it be something with the motor(deposition in the brush, size too small)?

It would be greatly appreciated if someone could let me know where I am going wrong as I have been looking at various possible solutions, but they have not worked.

Karthick
Go to the BEGINNING of this thread and look at the pictures a post or two down showing the the connections to C86ACCP
Also, ALWAYS post a fresh report when asking for help. F7 Utility, F7 Create Report

Marty
Mesa, AZ
karthick0320

Post by karthick0320 »

Hello Marty, thanks for the reply and I have attached the report with this reply. I had a look at the pictures and your video on the Clearpath SDSK bench testing, and also the Acorn CNC hookup schematics.
Attachments
report_E415F6FCC2A9-1118204027_2021-05-18_12-42-34.zip
(732.23 KiB) Downloaded 170 times
martyscncgarage

karthick0320 wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 12:49 pm Hello Marty, thanks for the reply and I have attached the report with this reply. I had a look at the pictures and your video on the Clearpath SDSK bench testing, and also the Acorn CNC hookup schematics.
Does your C86ACCP match my configuration?
Mesa, AZ
karthick0320

Post by karthick0320 »

martyscncgarage wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 1:34 pm
karthick0320 wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 12:49 pm Hello Marty, thanks for the reply and I have attached the report with this reply. I had a look at the pictures and your video on the Clearpath SDSK bench testing, and also the Acorn CNC hookup schematics.
Does your C86ACCP match my configuration?
Yes it does. I followed the Acorn hookup schematics to make the connections and your video and the pictures for the jumpers.