Parameter to reverse spindle direction? Belt system connecting motor and spindle

All things related to Centroid Oak, Allin1DC, MPU11 and Legacy products

Moderator: cnckeith

KGMAN
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Parameter to reverse spindle direction? Belt system connecting motor and spindle

Post by KGMAN »

Hello,

I've just recently finished wiring everything up on a Allin1DC retrofit to a 3 axis knee mill. The motor is connected to a Yaskawa V1000 VFD. I'm dialing in the spindle right now. The issue I'm having is that the motor connects to the spindle via a belt/gear system. My motor phasing is connected correctly and spins the direction it should, however, with it being connected to the belt this makes my spindle spin in the opposite direction when in high gear. This also means low gear spins in the opposite direction of high gear.

Is there parameter to switch its spin direction? I went through the list and didn't see anything obvious at least. What are my options?

Thank you,
Kevin
tblough
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: 100505
7804732B977B-0624192192
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Parameter to reverse spindle direction? Belt system connecting motor and spindle

Post by tblough »

Check out parameters 65-67 for the low range gear ratio and direction.
Cheers,

Tom
Confidence is the feeling you have before you fully understand the situation.
I have CDO. It's like OCD, but the letters are where they should be.
cncsnw

Re: Parameter to reverse spindle direction? Belt system connecting motor and spindle

Post by cncsnw »

As Tom hints above, you need a negative ratio in Parameter 65 to account for the back-gear reversal in low range.

Also swap the phase order between the V1000 and your spindle motor.

You want a run-forward command (OUT7 on, OUT8 off, WHT wire closed to S1) to make the tool turn forward in high range. You don't care which way the motor shaft is turning.
martyscncgarage
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

To reverse a 3 phase motor, swap any two leads....
Like the guys are telling you, when you command the motor FORWARD in HIGH range it should be turning correctly. Its only when it back gear it will reverse. As they eluded, Centroid takes care of this. Usually a Microswitch is put on the back gear lever to automatically tell the control it is in back gear.

We are making assumptions because you posted no pictures of the machine, the head, control levers etc. My statement above implies its a clone of a Bridgeport Knee mill.

Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ