ATRUMP E216 Mill Conversion

All things related to Centroid Oak, Allin1DC, MPU11 and Legacy products

Moderator: cnckeith

cncsnw

Re: ATRUMP E216 Mill Conversion

Post by cncsnw »

I think when Centroid says "in" and "out" with respect to the carousel, they mean "in under the spindle" and "out of the way".

This is why I prefer to use terms like "advanced" and "retracted".
Jqmce
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: A900979
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Post by Jqmce »

Thanks Marc,
Understood. I'll move the wires around for solenoid and sensors early AM tomorrow and test.

YES Extend and retract would be much less ambiguous.
Jqmce

Post by Jqmce »

Hello Marc,
You (As per usual) were 100% correct. The ATC solenoids and sensors were backwards due to my interpretation of "in" and "out". Really should be "extend" and "retract" like normal pneumatic cylinder terminology.

I had to reset the Z home position as my clearance was to tight for the ATC. (Also re-adjusted all soft limits)

This is a bit embarrassing but how do you set the M22 Z-height ATC change position? At present I'm assuming it is set at Z-home position as the tool change completes the cycle at the same position but does not go up and down to grab or release a tool.

On another note: This machine has a single chip auger. I have not wired it in yet. I see P901 Bit 5 needs to be changed to 32. (I have not done any bit changes yet so am a bit nervous)
This is controlled by Aux 4, 5, and 6 correct?
What i don't know is what the Outputs are on the PLCADD1616. Come to think of it is there a complete I/O list for the PLCADD1616 for my particular PLC program. I feel like this is something I need / centroid should be providing with a pre programmed OAK with known unmodified PLC program.

Report: Thanks and sorry for the onslaught of questions. Your time is truly appreciated.
Jules
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

I think you are mixing up the instructions for multiple different tool-changer PLC packages.

According to your report files, M22 on your installation is a code that would turn off a chip washdown pump.

According to the M6 macro in your report, your system uses G30 to go to the carousel level, and G53Z0 to get to clearance above the carousel. Therefore you should make sure your machine home position is high enough for the spindle nose to clear the pull studs in the carousel; and you should set your G30 position down at the carousel level for dropping off and picking up tools.

Parameter 901 is supported only in my "oak-unified" and related programs (found here: http://www.cncsnw.com/OakUnifiedPLCHowTo.htm). You are using a Centroid factory-standard PLC program, so you would have to look at it, and any documentation you can find for it, to see what chip auger and chip conveyor support it has.
martyscncgarage
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

cncsnw wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:57 am I think you are mixing up the instructions for multiple different tool-changer PLC packages.

According to your report files, M22 on your installation is a code that would turn off a chip washdown pump.

According to the M6 macro in your report, your system uses G30 to go to the carousel level, and G53Z0 to get to clearance above the carousel. Therefore you should make sure your machine home position is high enough for the spindle nose to clear the pull studs in the carousel; and you should set your G30 position down at the carousel level for dropping off and picking up tools.

Parameter 901 is supported only in my "oak-unified" and related programs (found here: http://www.cncsnw.com/OakUnifiedPLCHowTo.htm). You are using a Centroid factory-standard PLC program, so you would have to look at it, and any documentation you can find for it, to see what chip auger and chip conveyor support it has.
...or hire Marc to finish up the PLC for you. ;)
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
Jqmce

Post by Jqmce »

Thanks Marc.
I dove into the report for the first time (mfunc6.mac) on my lunch break and I do now see that G30 is required for the tool position. I'll set this tomorrow with another early morning, yikes I'm getting tired. It is like doing two jobs at once. LOL.
I opened the .SRC file and I see that the chip auger is not listed in the 1616 Outputs.

Marty, you read my mind!
I might try to modify the PLC program myself first but not without doing some significant research prior. (It's not to save money, it's to conquer my fear! It's as much about the journey as it is about the result)

Ironically enough I can read ladder logic (A.B, Siemens, Omron, PLC's) and do it regularly but this code stuff is just new to me.
Just have to wrap my head around it with limited time available.

What's that saying about a "little knowledge being dangerous"...... yeah that's me right now..... :)

Cheers
Jules
Jqmce

Post by Jqmce »

Quick weekend update:

The system test has been completed with success!
In order to get the system test to complete I had to adjust the soft limits on the Z axis and rotate all axis servo motors 180 degree in order to get rid of the XYZ “failure home position too close to Index pulse” error. (Unlucky I guess! Lol)
Marty your instructional video was instrumental in understanding these faults and resolving quickly so thank you very much.

Once completed much to my dismay the spindle motor would not run but it would position with M19 command.
As with any problem I took a deep breath and retraced my steps. What I realized is the only change made to the spindle VFD was installing the cover back on it. Sure enough when I removed the cover again it worked. The problem ended up being a poor connection in one of the spade crimps (factory wiring, 0-10v analog in). When the cover was on it moved the wire just enough and connection was lost.
Super glad I found this now.

Tool changes have been tested and everything works perfectly in all 16 positions.

Next step is to get the tool length sensor and renishaw mp11 up and running.

As always I do have a question.
The axis load meters don’t seem to work. They are plugged into the Yaskawa drives. (Per TB295) Parameter 143 has been tested with settings 1, 3 and 11. Parameter 137 and 138 are set for zero.
It’s not a big deal but I would like to get it going.

I have reached out to Marc and hope to enlist a little of his time in the coming week to help with some custom PLC programming.
(Hopefully I can learn a little at the same time)

The help on this form has been invaluable, the support community is really what makes the centroid gear a worthy investment.

Before Marty tells me off.... I forgot to copy the report yesterday evening so will post the report when I’m back at the machine.

Cheers
Jules
martyscncgarage
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

Jules,
Great to hear!
I hope you can return the favor of the support you got by posting pictures, summarize your build, and upload a video of the machine running, pan to the monitor, upload to Youtube. Post all this in the Success Stories forum.

Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

You need to set bits in Parameter 57 to specify any load meters that are going to be set through the PLC.

If you just have X, Y and Z axis load meters, set P57 = 7 (1+2+4).

If you also have a spindle load meter, set P57 = 39 (1+2+4+32).
Jqmce

Post by Jqmce »

Hey Guys,
So it has been a while! sometimes life just gets in the way.

Today I tried to start up the machine in the first time in a while.
Everything looked good until i tried to do a tool change and much to my surprise the spindle started turning whilst the umbrella ATC was engaged under the spindle!!!
I hit the Estop. No major damage and spindle keys just scraped a little plastic off the tool holders.
Verified the following:
-Umbrella in and out sensors working and being registered by PLC.
-Draw bar lock and unlock sensors working and being registered by PLC.
-umbrella position and rotation works correctly.
-spindle homes manually via M19 and prior to performing a tool change.
-Removed all tools and the fault does occur every time.
-It happens every time i try to do a tool change.
-tried restoring to an earlier restoration version. same fault.
-At one point i did get an error. 311 Waiting for memory #7 (M101)

At this stage the fault will not clear and I'm at a bit of a loss as to what to do next.

It is very concerning that the spindle could rotate with the umbrella extended under the spindle in any configuration. Surely the sensor on cylinder should prevent this via PLC program?

Does anyone have any ideas?

Report attached. I'll also send a video in next post.

Thanks so much yet again for your assistance.
Jules
Attachments
report_0008DC111213-0127211089_2022-03-18_15-50-36.zip
(4.36 MiB) Downloaded 42 times