CNC Control System Serial Number: A900979
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: ATRUMP E216 Mill Conversion

Post by Jqmce »

Thanks cncsnw and /Marty,
I'll contact centroid when I get to the ATC wiring.

I do have a question about the 24VDC power supply. The one provided with the Oak is only rated 1A, this seems low for controlling all the valve solenoids, limit switches and prox switches on this machine. some of the DC solenoids I have are rated 1-A and there are times that two or more solenoids are actuating simultaneously.

So can i use the small 1A 24VDC supply for the Oak board only and then use a separate 5A supply for all the I/O on the Oak and 1616.
I couldn't see on the schematics anywhere they are shared except for the initial output from the supply to the TB1 (11) terminal.

If I wire my 5A supply into TB1 -11 and remove existing connection from PS1 is this OK? just want to be sure there is no 24VDC coming out of the OAK. Sharing is good but sharing Voltages is not OK.

Thanks
Jules
tblough
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: 100505
7804732B977B-0624192192

Post by tblough »

The power supply provided with the Oak should be used only to power the control. There are quite a few DIN-rail power supplies available to use for all your other low-voltage needs.
Cheers,

Tom
Confidence is the feeling you have before you fully understand the situation.
I have CDO. It's like OCD, but the letters are where they should be.
martyscncgarage
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

I agree with Tom, power supply supplied with OAK power's OAK.
Use another power supply for Estop relay/pneumatic solenoids etc....be sure to use snubbers across coils.
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

The 1A output from the Oak supply is more than sufficient for all of the input switches and sensors, as well as the servo drive interface (via H2 on Oak).

If your machine has 24VDC contactor coils and solenoid coils, definitely install a separate power supply for that.

The Centroid Oak/ATC schematics will all show 24VAC contactor coils (not DC) and 120VAC solenoids, so you will need to do some of your own reading between the lines (and then, ideally, draw your own schematic).
Jqmce
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No

Post by Jqmce »

Thanks guys.
Jqmce

Post by Jqmce »

Hello Guys,
So the wiring is complete and i powered up on the weekend and began working through the centroid oak setup manual. (I had already completed bench test)
Everything has gone very well until I got to the section 6.3 "Clearing Software Faults".
I can go into MDI and there are no faults however the X,Y,Z axis all start to move on their own as soon as I enter into MDI. They move very slowly but move none the less. when i exit MDI and go to main screen they continue to move very slowly at this point I push an E-stop and they stop. I reset the E-stop they do not move until I go back to MDI again.

So before I jump down a rabbit hole here is some info and questions.

INFO:
-The motors are Yaskawa (Z axis) SGMGH-09ACA61. (X,Y axis)SGMGH-05ACA61
-The drives are Yaskawa Z is SGDM-010ADA - X,Y are SGDM-05ADA
-The motors are part of the existing setup with the ITRI controller and I have not changed any parameters on them.....yet
-I believe the correct encoder pulses per rev is 32768? (This is what I have set in M2 Motor screen on CNC12)

Questions:
-I'm assuming I have some sort of encoder setup issue and the motors are essentially hunting for position when i go to MDI?
-It's highly unusual for Servo drives to tell a motor to run without a command. Why when I go to MDI are they getting a command?
-I assumed that as they were setup previously that the info / parameters in them for the machine would be correct for the pulse per rpm, etc. I realize that just because those settings may be correct for the machine the settings for the coms to and from Centroid oak may not be right. (This is where I'm at?)
-Found the TB267 from Centroid pertaining to Yaskawa Sigma V precision mode and did note there are differences in the TB for setup of machine parameters 308,309,310,311 (VS Oak install manual) but I have not tried these alternative numbers yet.
-Should I be following this TB267 to the letter first?

I'm hoping the team here can get me pointed in the right direction before I start the process of deduction.

Thanks in advance for your time.
Jules
martyscncgarage
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

ALWAYS POST A FRESH REPORT! :D
Is this the first time you have your motors connected to OAK?
As soon as you enter MDI the drives will enable. Are the DRO's changing with the "creep"
Of course they should be holding...

Too bad you weren't able to get in the old control to figure out what the encoder count was set to.
I have no experience with Yaskawa drives. Maybe Marc will chime in.

Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
Jqmce

Post by Jqmce »

Thanks Marty,
This is the first time they have been connected to the Oak as they are firmly installed in the machine so a true bench test would have been difficult.
Yes the Dro's are changing with "creep". At a guess I would say the creep is around 1mm in 50 ish seconds.
I did verify the encoder pulse direction in section 6.2 and it was correct.

I ran out of time to get the report this AM as the power to this machine had to be diverted but I should be able to get one tonight or early tomorrow morning.

Cheers
Jules
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

With the old control, the drives would almost certainly have been configured in analog velocity mode.

You probably do not have your Centroid software configured to control its drives in analog velocity mode. You probably intended (whether you have thought about it or not) to run the drives in pulse-train position mode (what Centroid calls "precision mode").

The drives will be enabled when you enter MDI, or run a program cycle, or attempt to jog. They will then remain enabled until fault, emergency stop, or shutdown.

If you have your CNC12 parameters set up for "precision" mode, then CNC12 will enable the drive, and will clock out pulses when (and only when) you do something to move the axis. In that mode CNC12 will not do anything with the analog output to the drives, so the analog should remain at approximately zero volts.

If the drives are configured for velocity mode, then when enabled, they will move the motors in proportion to the analog velocity command voltage. If zero output is not exactly zero volts (and it never is) then the motors will drift slowly.

If it is any comfort, Centroid should notice the problem and shut them down with a "410 ... position error" stall once one of the motors has gone too far (one turn, perhaps?).

You either need to configure your drives for pulse-train position mode control (following instructions for Sigma II); or you need to set up the CNC12 software to run the drives in analog velocity mode.
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

See TB295 for "precision mode" setup instructions with Sigma II drives.
https://www.centroidcnc.com/dealersuppo ... ds/295.pdf

See TB252 for velocity mode instructions. TB252 targets Sigma V drives, so you would have to do some reading between the lines. However, for velocity mode, you would probably not need to get into the drive parameters at all (they are probably already set up that way). You would need to do the Centroid side: set Parameter 256=1; set some starting PID values; and tune Kv1, and maybe Kp, Ki and Kd.
https://www.centroidcnc.com/dealersuppo ... ds/252.pdf