Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 985DADEB24D5-0309180716
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: ProbeApp V2: The ultimate solution for Tool Height Offsets

Post by swissi »

mrp192 wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:28 pm Does the CNC12 4.6 affect probeapp 2?
ProbeApp v2 works with CNC12 4.6 Mill and Router.

If you are running the Router version and want the VCP button "Auto Z to PLATE" to launch the ProbeApp-ToolSetter, copy this mfunc44.mac file to your c:\cncm folder:

mfunc44.mac
(792 Bytes) Downloaded 191 times

-swissi
If you are using Fusion 360, check out my CNC12 specific Post Processor
If you are using a Touch Probe, Tool Touch Off Device or a Triple Corner Finder Plate, check out my ProbeApp

Contact me at swissi2000@gmail.com
Juda
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: ok 375
CNC12: Yes

Post by Juda »

Good morning.

Swissi just bought a KP-3 probe to be able to make some measurements on a milling machine with acorn 12 software.

I already managed to see some videos on how to configure the KP-3 probe butI need to measure several holes at the same time and in the three axesX, Y, Z could you support me how I can do this in one step.

And also if you can support me to download filesdxf to acorn 12 programming since I could not dolet it read the dxf files.

Regards and I expect your comments.
Vincent
swissi

Post by swissi »

Juda wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:51 pm Good morning.

Swissi just bought a KP-3 probe to be able to make some measurements on a milling machine with acorn 12 software.

I already managed to see some videos on how to configure the KP-3 probe butI need to measure several holes at the same time and in the three axesX, Y, Z could you support me how I can do this in one step.

And also if you can support me to download filesdxf to acorn 12 programming since I could not dolet it read the dxf files.

Regards and I expect your comments.
Vincent
Based on your questions I have to assume that you do not know much about CNC machining and how CNC machines work. I highly recommend you watch some CNC training videos first. There are plenty for free on the Internet. NYC/CNC has some great videos here.

-swissi
If you are using a Touch Probe, Tool Touch Off Device or a Triple Corner Finder Plate, check out my ProbeApp

Juda
CNC Control System Serial Number: ok 375

Post by Juda »

Hello Swissi. okay. I will review them. .
But first, I would like to tell you that I retrofitted a conventional milling machine with hybrid servo motors and the acorn12 controller.
For 4 axes, at the moment I already have the equipment configurations, it is running well, from the beginning to the home, I was watching all this through your videos and the machine is calibrated to be able to make some measurements with the probe,
What I have not found in videos is how to program the probe and how to make it calibrate several perforations in a straight line.
If you need more information about the machine, tell me what it is what you need to know so you can help me.
regards
Vincent
ChrisAttebery
CNC Control System Serial Number: 4031

Post by ChrisAttebery »

I'd like to make one suggestion. In the offset library manager could you add a way to input the manual offset (like say x+ 1.000")? So if I have a 3" face mill I enter X+1.500" and the probe routine moves from the tool change position X+1.500" then measures the tool. I don't have a lot of tools that need to be offset, but I think it would be handy.
swissi

Post by swissi »

ChrisAttebery wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:01 pm I'd like to make one suggestion. In the offset library manager could you add a way to input the manual offset (like say x+ 1.000")? So if I have a 3" face mill I enter X+1.500" and the probe routine moves from the tool change position X+1.500" then measures the tool. I don't have a lot of tools that need to be offset, but I think it would be handy.
As you say, oversized tools that need an offset to be touched off on a tool setter are usually not the norm and maintaining a possible offset field for 200 tools would be overkill. What the new upcoming version 3 will have are additional configuration settings where you can choose if you would like to position the oversized tools with a Tool-Radius-Offset and in which direction (X+, X-, Y+ or Y-) the offset should be.

I think that's a great compromise to your suggestion and will do what you need, right?

-swissi

ChrisAttebery

Post by ChrisAttebery »

swissi wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:34 pm As you say, oversized tools that need an offset to be touched off on a tool setter are usually not the norm and maintaining a possible offset field for 200 tools would be overkill. What the new upcoming version 3 will have are additional configuration settings where you can choose if you would like to position the oversized tools with a Tool-Radius-Offset and in which direction (X+, X-, Y+ or Y-) the offset should be.

I think that's a great compromise to your suggestion and will do what you need, right?

-swissi
That's exactly what I'd like. Actually it's more elegant.
ChrisAttebery

Post by ChrisAttebery »

BTW: I finally received my Renishaw MP-3 today. I tried locating a corner in 3D, probing a bore, finding an angle, etc. You really did a nice job with the routines.
Muzzer
CNC Control System Serial Number: 38D269594F9C-0110180512

Post by Muzzer »

You really need a DTI with very low preload to set up the runout of the probe accurately. It needs to operate with less force than the probe tip takes to move.

I also use the probe at the same spindle orientation to give a slightly more consistent behaviour.

The probe was one of the best investments I made for my machine. It transformed my accuracy!