Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Any UK retailer for AcornCNC

Post by LenelyWolf »

Anyone knows a UK retailer for AcornCNC. If not will centroid post it to UK from their official page and if so anyone knows how much is custom charge?
Chaz
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No

Re: Any UK retailer for AcornCNC

Post by Chaz »

LenelyWolf wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:17 pm Anyone knows a UK retailer for AcornCNC. If not will centroid post it to UK from their official page and if so anyone knows how much is custom charge?
No UK disti and yes, they post. Ive ordered on a Sunday and have had goods arrive by Wednesday / Thursday (pre Covid times). There are some EU resellers.

From memory on my last order of an Acorn and MPG (circa £400), duties were around £90-100. I dont recall exactly how much.
LenelyWolf
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes

Post by LenelyWolf »

Hi... Thanks for reply. I already let my father to buy it in US and he will send it to me as a gift so hopefully I will avoid this custom charges.
Nigelo
CNC Control System Serial Number: F045DA80C8B8-0905181172
E415F6F70BC3-0318203049
98F07B91FC6B-0123236802

Post by Nigelo »

I ordered all my equipment direct from Centroid cutting out EU dealer markup, including 2 Acorn boards, TT-2 toolsetter, DP-4 Probe and WMPG plus extended licensing with extremely rapid delivery. My second Acorn board direct from Centroid (ordered separately from Pro licence) attracted import duty and VAT at £64.72 - Ordered and shipped UPS Expedited the same day on a Friday and was in my hands on the following Wednesday in Spring 2020 i.e. during the Pandemic. The TT-2 actually arrived within 48 hours, repeat 48 hours, of ordering back in April 2019

You need to remember that ordering for UK delivery from the EU post Brexit is now treated in exactly the same way as for the rest of the World and therefore import duty and VAT will be payable - The US to EU import duty and shipping will have been paid by any distributor and therefore will be passed on to you + their profit margin and POSSIBLY an additional EU to UK import Duty.

Centroid don't just make excellent products and software, their logistics and service is also second to none

hope this helps
"You can lead a horse to water but you cannot force it to drink"
Hope this helps
Nigel
LenelyWolf

Post by LenelyWolf »

Thanks for the answer... that is great to know.. I already let my father to do it but it is good to know that for the future. I have also found some EU retailer but even if there would be no custom charges their prices are just ridiculous. I saw one which is asking £450 for $299 acorn kit. So I will definitely order directly
Chaz
Acorn CNC Controller: No

Post by Chaz »

LenelyWolf wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:03 am Thanks for the answer... that is great to know.. I already let my father to do it but it is good to know that for the future. I have also found some EU retailer but even if there would be no custom charges their prices are just ridiculous. I saw one which is asking £450 for $299 acorn kit. So I will definitely order directly
Yep, there was no justification to not buy from the US considering cost and fast shipping. If the distis were cheaper that would make it interesting but you arent going to get it any sooner either, so no real benefit.
Muzzer
CNC Control System Serial Number: 38D269594F9C-0110180512

Post by Muzzer »

I got mine from Denmark from makersupplies.dk https://makersupplies.dk/en/motion-cont ... tware.html

At the time the price wasn't too bad (£360 delivered) and as we were within the EU market at the time, there was no tax and accompanying opportunist "admin charges" to pay. That worked out cheaper than buying from Centroid. Now that we in the UK are in the glorious "sunlit uplands", tax and charges will apply whether you buy from EU or US. You might as well get shafted for products bought directly from Centroid.
LenelyWolf

Post by LenelyWolf »

I’ve just received the package from my father. Sadly I didn’t manage to avoid custom charge even if it was sent as a gift. They charged me £56 with £12 handling fee included so next time I will order it directly. It only wasted my father half of Saturday waiting in line at uspc for nothing plus he had to pay $60 for priority postage😢 so all together I just lost money here
Muzzer
CNC Control System Serial Number: 38D269594F9C-0110180512

Post by Muzzer »

That's annoying. I guess he must have declared the value on the customs form. And of course the couriers shafted you too with their "handling" charge, just to add insult to injury. They are creaming it off as it is, with all this Brexit lark going on. At least you've got it now and can get on with your build!