DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Acorn LIMIT_ALL question

Post by wwolski »

Hi.
I'm just trying to understand here

This is a homebuilt system that has been working great for around 3 years now, I just want to add hardware limit safety switches, since I'm going to bring in someone new to run the machine

1. The problem: limit_all does not seem to operate,

2. Configuration:
a) I have 24v connected to H4
b) I have all 3 switches connected in SERIES and ALL are NORMALLY_CLOSED and connected into input 1(LIMIT_ALL), the other side is connected to COM
c) I have all 3 switches connected in SERIES and ALL are NORMALLY_CLOSED and connected into input 2(HOME_ALL), the other side is connected to COM
d) soft limits are not configured
e) homing is not configured
f) I have verified and re verified with a meter that b) and c) are connected properly

3. if I do ALT-I and observe, the state does not toggle when a microswitch is engaged opening the LIMIT_ALL circuit (b))

4. if I do ALT-I and observe, the state does not toggle when a microswitch is engaged opening the HOME_ALL circuit (c))

5. I DO NOT have soft limits configured, does this this fact prevent the LIMIT_ALL input from working?

6. I have been told on another thread that my pc does not meet the basic requirements for support but it was approved when I bought the centroid system, originally I had software version 4.12 and recently upgraded to 4.5 last week, so have the basic requirements for PC changed over the last 2 years or so?

attached is my configuration

Thanks,
Wil
Attachments
report_78047383DD52-0131191593_2021-01-10_14-34-18.zip
(585.77 KiB) Downloaded 108 times
ShawnM
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 7804734C6498-0401191832
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Acorn LIMIT_ALL question

Post by ShawnM »

Hi Wil,

Can you post a pic of your "input definitions" page from the wizard? I understand you have input 1 set as "limit all" and input 2 set as "home all". Are the circles around the number 1 and 2 green or red? They should be green. When you are in the Alt-i screen, is the led green or red for input 1 and 2? Is there a white line over the top of either one?

You state e) homing is not configured, the machine will not automatically home itself unless you set it up. The home switches you installed are useless until your configure homing to be automatic and then tell the wizard which direction to move each axis when you press the "reset home" button.

As for your PC, not sure what you mean when you say "it was approved when I bought the Centroid system". Currently your PC does not meet the minimum requirements to run the software or get tech support direct from Centroid. See the page I linked to in your other post.
martyscncgarage
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: Acorn LIMIT_ALL question

Post by martyscncgarage »

You asked this question in another post and I answered it. You still had your homing to SIMPLE home. You had not changed it to Automatic Home.
Please try and stick with one post.

You want to check your inputs, take a wire from ACORN Power Supply COM and touch it to the input (with your switches disconnected)
Does it change state when you touch the terminal with COM?
If so, you need to check continuity through your limit switches. ARE all limit switches wired NC (Normally Closed)? This can done with most digital multimeters set to continuity. Touch the probes together and you should get a tone from the meter. Put one probe on one wire in the switch series and the other probe on the other wire. Do you get the tone? Does it stop when you press any one of the switches? Sounds to me you either have a miswired switch or a bad one.

Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ