Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: A900785
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

losing analog signal GS2 (Resolved)

Post by DRS »

I am working on a CNC12 / ALLIN1DC upgrade on a router table. I have everything working except for the GS2 VFD. I continually get EF errors on the VFD. One time the spindle started to spin up when I went to manual mode and pressed the green button on the pedant. I have not been able to get the spindle working under control of the allin1dc. I see the voltages toggling as I initiate start spindle. I see the Fwd and Rev voltages on the allin1 toggle as expected. What I did find is that when I power on the VFD the 0-10 volt DAC goes dead. If I power off the VFD and reboot the allin1dc the dac output comes back. I can see the 0 to 10v sweep as I press the spindle up/down buttons on the spindle. Once I power up the VFD the dac output goes down again. I have been thru the GS2 VFD parameters a dozen or more times and cannot find a bad setting. The GS2 guide says the EF error display indicates loss of AI input voltage. This makes sense since I have verified that control voltage goes away. The tech at Automation Direct told me error EF can also be provoked from an external fault signal. I have tried this setup with INPUT #10 on the allindc in both a high state and a low state with the same result. Any ideas why I cannot get out of the EF errors and get a spindle turning would be appreciated! Thanks
occustoms
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: Yes

Re: losing analog signal GS2

Post by occustoms »

i would suggest posting up a wiring diagram of how you have it wire to the vfd, just to start clearly.
tblough
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: 100505
7804732B977B-0624192192

Post by tblough »

Post the VFD manual so we can figure out what an EF error is.
Cheers,

Tom
Confidence is the feeling you have before you fully understand the situation.
I have CDO. It's like OCD, but the letters are where they should be.
Dave_C
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No

Post by Dave_C »

Check your "sourcing/sinking" setup on the GS2.

Dave C.
Grizzly G0678 Mill ,CNC conversion with Acorn. G4004G Lathe, Mach 3 conversion to Acorn.
martyscncgarage
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

ALWAYS provide a link to your manual and a picture of your drive and its wiring. We have no idea how you wired it up.
I suspect EF *may* mean external fault. Meaning you either programmed or wired something to its DI3 input terminal which is programmed default to External Fault.

Here is a link to a manual I found: https://cdn.automationdirect.com/static ... m/gs2m.pdf

The GS2 Series has been replaced with the GS20 series
Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
danshirey
CNC Control System Serial Number: A900785

Post by danshirey »

Thanks for the replies. Too many irons in the fire so I am slow responding. There were some conflicts between the vfd manual and the centroid docs. The fault output terminal reference in the centroid guide called for a connection to R2C and it should be R2O. Basically I went thru and looked at all the input and output states while the "EF" error was happening to see what signals were pulled down or not. I was chasing a I/O loop where when the allin1dc was happy the VFD was not and vice versa. Sometimes forcing an input on the allin1dc can mask another issue making it harder to find. I am up and running. My 5x5 Router table was under DC3IO control and is now under ALLIN1DC control with a much nicer interface! Auto tune is a starting point but I have some motors that start growling randomly which did not used to happen with the DC3IO. I will need to figure out what params are allowing the singing but for now I am up and running again. BTW, Anyone running a HSD915 on Delta 208, If the VFD is set for motor nominal HZ at 60 you will get random OL faults! The nominal HZ value should actually be set to the spindle motor max HZ. This cost me a couple hours so I hope someone else gets benefit from that tidbit! Blessings on your 2021 season
martyscncgarage
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

Good to hear all turned out great. Thanks for bringing closure.

Post pictures in the success stories forum!
Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ