Cannot get output 1 in CNC12 to turn green without forcing.

All things related to Centroid Oak, Allin1DC, MPU11 and Legacy products

Moderator: cnckeith

cncsnw

Re: Cannot get output 1 in CNC12 to turn green without forcing.

Post by cncsnw »

Since they are running under control (no position error stalls) and are moving the correct distances (so encoder counts and turns ratios may be assumed to be correct), speed is determined by the settings on the Machine Configuration -> Jog Parameters menu:
"Slow Jog" = baseline speed in turtle jog mode, at 100% feedrate override
"Fast Jog" = baseline speed in rabbit jog mode, at 100% feedrate override
"Max Rate" = speed of G0 rapid moves; also upper limit to any jogging, MPG, or G1 feedrate moves.

Enter your desired speeds for each condition. Make sure that the Max Rate values, multiplied by the motor revs/unit drive ratio, does not exceed the maximum RPM that the servo drives and motors can deliver.
Chas
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Post by Chas »

Hi Marc, axis moving along nicely now. Okay, so now the hand wheels (and i bet you knew that was coming). I have 100ppr encoders built into the handwheels . X axis connected to axis 3 oak and Z axis connected to axis 4. 5v is supplied from headers H8 and H9 (Pic attached). When setting up in motor config in CNC12 what do call these axis . Is it simply a matter of calling axis 3-X and axis 4-Z and inputting 400ppr and the same mm/rev as per settings in axis 1 & 2. Then how do i let CNC12 know they are there and ready.
Please ignore the jog joystick as i've decided after putting it in the travel on the lathe axis is relatively small as it's only a smallish lathe it's kind of superfluous.
Many thanks
Chas
Attachments
IMG_6874.jpg
IMG_6873.jpg
IMG_6871.jpg
tblough
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: 100505
7804732B977B-0624192192

Post by tblough »

Dual handwheels and/or joysticks require PLC support in addition to a couple of parameter changes telling the control which port the handwheel encoders are on.

viewtopic.php?f=64&t=663&p=3089&hilit=D ... eels#p3089
viewtopic.php?f=64&t=4740&p=39883&hilit ... els#p39883

Attached is a report from my machine with a working Oak PLC program that supports handwheels and joystick.
Attachments
lathe_report_0207170333_2019-02-12_17-20-07.zip
(3.56 MiB) Downloaded 134 times
Cheers,

Tom
Confidence is the feeling you have before you fully understand the situation.
I have CDO. It's like OCD, but the letters are where they should be.
Chas

Post by Chas »

Thanks Tom, I’ll give it a try.
Chas

Post by Chas »

Hi guys, an interesting little problem found whilst setting up the soft limits. home switches all set using proximity switches. Machine homes correctly to the switches set for +X and +Z which in my case are toward the operator (+X) and toward the tailstock (+Z). Now on setting the soft limits at the opposite ends of travel to the home switches Z performs perfectly with the pop up 907 confirming i have exceeded the travel when i input a negative Z value into MDI just beyond the soft limit. However in the X axis if i jog slowly toward the limit switch it does stop at the soft limit value but if i input a negative X value in MDI and press start the cross slide moves away from the limit switch and not towards it and of course i get no 907 pop up. Basically it is moving in a positive direction after a negative command and i don't know why as when i jog negatively using VCP it goes the correct direction.
Also on my VCP the negative X jog button is on the bottom not the top and i have front mounted tooling. Could this be having some effect.
Thanks once again.
Chas

Post by Chas »

Altered parameter 1 to 3 and now x- and x+ Jog buttons in vcp are in the right places but now when you start cnc12 and press start to home to + limit switches it won’t home. Jog buttons work correctly.
martyscncgarage
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

Post a FRESH REPORT after you made the change.
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
Chas

Post by Chas »

All running nicely now. Still the handwheels to look at but with Tom's modified PLC program to guide me i might get there.
Attached is a simple document noting the Mitsubishi servo drive parameters that i had to change from default to get it to run in case anyone else has MR-J2S drives that they are thinking of using in velocity mode.
Thanks to all for all the help and i'm sure i'm not done yet but i'm now making good progress and to quote a famous former governor of California " I'll be back "
Attachments
Mitsubishi MR.docx
(12.61 KiB) Downloaded 99 times
martyscncgarage
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

Chas wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:12 pm All running nicely now. Still the handwheels to look at but with Tom's modified PLC program to guide me i might get there.
Attached is a simple document noting the Mitsubishi servo drive parameters that i had to change from default to get it to run in case anyone else has MR-J2S drives that they are thinking of using in velocity mode.
Thanks to all for all the help and i'm sure i'm not done yet but i'm now making good progress and to quote a famous former governor of California " I'll be back "
Thanks! Also a diagram of the pertinent wiring from the control to the drive would be helpful. Even a simple spreadsheet
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
Chas

Post by Chas »

Hi Marty, credit for the wiring schematic should go to Marc, i just copied his instructions. I have attached a copy of his schematic (although i think it's attached earlier in this thread.
Now the handwheels.They are connected to Oak through axis headers 3 & 4 (as shown in the photo earlier in the thread) and they work correctly as i activated axis 3 & 4 temporarily and the DRO adds axis 3 & 4 and reads up and down as it should. Tom kindly sent me a couple of links on Handwheel setup. The first from 2014 from Centroid Liviu and the second from Tom with modifications he did to the program to make the use of handwheels more user friendly.I have set parameters 348 through 356 as instructed in Liviu's post but the version of CNC12 i'm using (CNC12-D v.4.14) has a section on handwheels in the PLC program (see photos) whereas the version of software from 2014 does not so now i'm not sure what i need to alter to get the handwheels to move axis 1 & 2. Initially i would just like to get them working before i attempt to follow Tom's modifications.
Report and photo attached.
Many thanks as always.
Attachments
report_0528190794_2021-01-11_10-08-24.zip
(173.37 KiB) Downloaded 134 times
K102381_2 (6) (4).PDF
(257.21 KiB) Downloaded 123 times
IMG_7004.jpg