Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Rapids

Post by occustoms »

Can i setup rapid overide using inputs, I know plc has to be edited. But is it possible to only overide the rapid moves and not regular feedrate?
cncsnw

Re: Rapids

Post by cncsnw »

No.

Feedrate override always applies to feedrate moves. You can select whether or not it applies to rapid and jogging moves, but you cannot prevent it from applying to feedrate moves except by disabling it altogether.
occustoms
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No

Post by occustoms »

cncsnw wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:05 am No.

Feedrate override always applies to feedrate moves. You can select whether or not it applies to rapid and jogging moves, but you cannot prevent it from applying to feedrate moves except by disabling it altogether.

So thier is no way to isolate the goo moves alone from feedrate??
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

No.

If you want to slow down all your rapids, you can go to Machine Configuration -> Jog Parameters table and reduce the numbers in the Max Rate column.
occustoms
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No

Post by occustoms »

cncsnw wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:26 pm No.

If you want to slow down all your rapids, you can go to Machine Configuration -> Jog Parameters table and reduce the numbers in the Max Rate column.
was wanting to use a knob with inputs. As i already machined the plate for it lol. Anyway of making a custom macro and implementing that into the inputs ? to only change G00? Or is it a problem with the centroid controller not being able to? Maybe pm me your number cause it looks like your the guy ima gonna have to pay to get some stuff done for my plc for this one anyway. And would like a way to figure out a way to do rapids. Gotta be a way if a 30+ year old controls can do i would think a centroid could find a way.