Geneva umbrella wiring

All things related to Centroid Oak, Allin1DC, MPU11 and Legacy products

Moderator: cnckeith

cncsnw

Re: Geneva umbrella wiring

Post by cncsnw »

Take a third look and see if there is not a hall effect sensor that detects when the drawbar is unclamped.
martyscncgarage
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

occustoms wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:13 pm Well im blind it does have orient spindle sensor. Still need to know about clamped and unclamped sensor being needed?
Even the old FADAL control should have needed to know when each tool change function was completed. They are steps in the cycle that have to occur before the next step, or its possible to crash. I can't imagine there were not
Tool orient sensor
Drawbar clamped/unclamped
Carousel in/Carousel out
Tool position one
Tool counter

If they just had a tilt sensor for crash and hoped everything else worked...that wasn't very good....

Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

In general, Fadal machines were decidedly short on switches and sensors (witness the usual lack of axis overtravel limit switches).

However the VMC6030 I recently retrofitted did have a tool-unclamped (drawbar-open) sensor. It did not have a complementary tool-clamped sensor.

Also, the orient position sensor just reports that the spindle is rotated around to that position. There were no sensors to show whether the orient cam was engaged or disengaged.
occustoms
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Post by occustoms »

cncsnw wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:07 pm In general, Fadal machines were decidedly short on switches and sensors (witness the usual lack of axis overtravel limit switches).

However the VMC6030 I recently retrofitted did have a tool-unclamped (drawbar-open) sensor. It did not have a complementary tool-clamped sensor.

Also, the orient position sensor just reports that the spindle is rotated around to that position. There were no sensors to show whether the orient cam was engaged or disengaged.

Yes was maybe thinking if sensor was in that spot for x time then its locked. Cause orint arm would keep it in the knotch.
I could add a sensor for arm. But dont want too if i dont have too.
Already have to add small pulley and belt for spindle encoder. That has next to no space. But i have that part figured out. Just have to machine everything
occustoms

Post by occustoms »

martyscncgarage wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:27 am
occustoms wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:13 pm Well im blind it does have orient spindle sensor. Still need to know about clamped and unclamped sensor being needed?
Even the old FADAL control should have needed to know when each tool change function was completed. They are steps in the cycle that have to occur before the next step, or its possible to crash. I can't imagine there were not
Tool orient sensor
Drawbar clamped/unclamped
Carousel in/Carousel out
Tool position one
Tool counter

If they just had a tilt sensor for crash and hoped everything else worked...that wasn't very good....

Marty
Yes i found all them. Traced wires and found everything. It onky has one sensor for clamped vs unclamped.

But i can use a relay to change signals for both inputs if i need both. Do i have to have both inputs clamped and unclamped?
martyscncgarage
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: No
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

If you want to use a "Stock" Centroid Umbrella Program, then you need to use what it requires.
Marc Leonard (cncsnw) can be retained to help you with the PLC mods. He is reasonable, knows the PLC well and is worth every penny.

Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
occustoms

Post by occustoms »

martyscncgarage wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:06 pm If you want to use a "Stock" Centroid Umbrella Program, then you need to use what it requires.
Marc Leonard (cncsnw) can be retained to help you with the PLC mods. He is reasonable, knows the PLC well and is worth every penny.

Marty
Yes ill will be using him.