Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: A900779
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Bridgeport V2XT Limit switches

Post by Beagle Beagle »

Happy new year lads, I noticed a lot of questions here about Bridgeport V2XT limit switches (This also applies to BOSS). I see that you can do a work around the single limit switch in the software but I came up with a better way. For right now I'll stick with the X axes since it's easier to see. You have two switches mounted to the center of the table. The contact block on the right side has two humps in it where the left only has one. This is real hard to see unless you unbolt it and turn it upside down. Make sure you scribe a line before you remove it so you can put it back in the same place. If you take the right side off and mill off the outer hump(.50 by a .250 deep) and change the limit switch to NC. Your done. You now have two independent limit switches + and -. The whole thing took 15 minutes. The Y axes is just as easy just harder to get to. Z is just push buttons. Real easy to convert. My real concern with these machines is the limit switches suck. No matter how much contact cleaner you use they still remain intermittent. If I can't resolve this issue I'm going to make a new bracket and install a couple of Honeywell roller micro switches. I will post the measurement for the bracket if I'm forced to go this route. Below is a picture of the right side contact block with the outer hump removed. Bob L
Attachments
DSC08877.JPG
Bridgeport V2XT, All In One DC #A900779. Using existing SEM motors 112 Volt. Spindle to be controlled by Lenze AC Tech VFD mod #ESV222N02YXB. Machine is being run on 208 3Phase power.
martyscncgarage
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: Bridgeport V2XT Limit switches

Post by martyscncgarage »

Nice solution.
Replace the limit switch with another one. You are relying on it to function properly for homing and limit purposes....
I have noted limit switches exposed to coolants long term, have the issues you suggest. No amount of solvent cleaning seems to help.
Bite the bullet and replace them.

Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
tblough
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: 100505
7804732B977B-0624192192

Post by tblough »

I swear by Euchner limit switches - https://www.euchner-usa.com/LimitMultiple.asp
Cheers,

Tom
Confidence is the feeling you have before you fully understand the situation.
I have CDO. It's like OCD, but the letters are where they should be.
Beagle Beagle
Acorn CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: A900779

Post by Beagle Beagle »

Limit switches replaced Marty. I'm $200 clams poorer but they work and at the end of the day. That's all you want. Bob L
Bridgeport V2XT, All In One DC #A900779. Using existing SEM motors 112 Volt. Spindle to be controlled by Lenze AC Tech VFD mod #ESV222N02YXB. Machine is being run on 208 3Phase power.