Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Tool Length Sensor

Post by tuffduck »

Am I supposed to have a program for each tool path for each, run ProbeApp, load the required program and then run it?. Everytime I hit the ProbeApp icon, it just takes me through the setup again. When I hit the Cycle button it ends. The guide says to look at the mfunc6.mac and the probe_cycle files to see if they are correct. I have no idea what I am looking at.
I thought ProbeApp read ahead in the tool path and executed whenever a tool change command was called a d then continue d reading the tool path once ProbeApp completed.
swissi
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 985DADEB24D5-0309180716
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Tool Length Sensor

Post by swissi »

tuffduck wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:39 pm Am I supposed to have a program for each tool path for each, run ProbeApp, load the required program and then run it?. Everytime I hit the ProbeApp icon, it just takes me through the setup again. When I hit the Cycle button it ends. The guide says to look at the mfunc6.mac and the probe_cycle files to see if they are correct. I have no idea what I am looking at.
I thought ProbeApp read ahead in the tool path and executed whenever a tool change command was called a d then continue d reading the tool path once ProbeApp completed.
You can have one job file that contains all tool changes. Every time the job file reaches a M6 Tool Change command, the mfunc6.mac file will be executed. The mfunc6.mac file will create a message to insert the new tool. When you confirm that message with Cycle Start, the ProbeApp-ToolSetter will open with the ToolSetter screen automatically and there's no need to press the ProbeApp icon. On the ToolSetter screen you chose either the Dual or Single TT Method on the top Tab and then touch the icon of the probing cycle you want to execute. The ProbeApp will then close. At that point you touch Cycle Start in CNC12 and CNC12 will execute the probing cycle to measure the tool height offset. After that probing cycle has finished, the job file will continue.

Let's do a quick check if a simple tool measurement works without running a job. Do the following steps:
  • Opne MDI in CNC12, type T2 M6 and press Cycle Start
  • CNC12 should bring up a message to insert T2
  • Insert T2 and press Cycle Start
  • ProbeApp should come up with the ToolSetter screen
  • Select the Single TT tab on top
  • Touch the icon left to "Set Selected WCS# for active Tool to Z0"
  • The ProbeApp should close now
  • Touch Cycle Start in CNC12 and you should be prompted to place the tool above the Tool Setter
  • Press Cycle Start and the tool measurement cycle should start
  • You should get another message that Z0 for this tool has been set on top of the stock
  • If you press Cycle Start again the cycle will finish
Use the mfunc6.mac file that I have attached. Run the steps above and if something doesn't work as I described, post screenshots with a description of what happened differently.

-swissi

mfunc6.mac
(4.34 KiB) Downloaded 143 times
If you are using Fusion 360, check out my CNC12 specific Post Processor
If you are using a Touch Probe, Tool Touch Off Device or a Triple Corner Finder Plate, check out my ProbeApp

Contact me at swissi2000@gmail.com