Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 74E182A8108A-0319191774
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

digitizing

Post by rcwilliamsco »

I am having a problem digitizing. I have tried wall following and grid, both seem to work but are stopping while the screen says the head is moving but it isn't. it moves again when i press cycle start again, It will mover though several moves and then it stops again. I have a nc probe so open when tripped, most every thing is working pretty well now, but I would sure like to be able to run a grid probe and not have to baby sit the machine.

on another subject, is there a way to use a pocket as a bounding box for a grid style probe? I am planning to use it for digitizing arch top musical instruments... just a thought.
Attachments
report_74E182A8108A-0319191774_2020-11-10_03-47-27.zip
(651.1 KiB) Downloaded 132 times
cnckeith
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: digitizing

Post by cnckeith »

sound like a stuck probe? what kind of probe are you using?
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
rcwilliamsco
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No

Post by rcwilliamsco »

It is just a cheapie I got off eBay, its been on the machine unused for several years, I'll check it out and see if there is any dust in it, I will also watch the led on the acorn board and see if it is balking or slow to release. I am assuming that it would not restart on cycle start if the probe stayed tripped.
Thanks, Ill report my results.
martyscncgarage

Post by martyscncgarage »

rcwilliamsco wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:45 pm It is just a cheapie I got off eBay, its been on the machine unused for several years, I'll check it out and see if there is any dust in it, I will also watch the led on the acorn board and see if it is balking or slow to release. I am assuming that it would not restart on cycle start if the probe stayed tripped.
Thanks, Ill report my results.
Use the diagnostic screen in CNC12 to monitor the input. Press Alt i to toggle the diagnostic screen on and off. Inputs are on the top row, far left. Use your cursor to move the box around each input. Just about the middle of the screen, under the last set of rows is a description of how each input is assigned.

Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

When it stops, is the probe at the surface, or is it visibly clear?

Can you get a video of it happening, showing the probe movement and position, and then also showing the CNC12 screen and the status window?
rcwilliamsco

Post by rcwilliamsco »

I digitized a hunk of scrap wood today to watch the leds on the board and see if there was any correlation between the pauses and the led signal. The pauses occur either when the probe is tripped, or when it is retraced before moving to the next position, I don't remember any pauses any where else. the leds were always red when tripped always green when no contact was made.no flickering ( NC probe ), I ran it at different speeds , no difference random pauses. no data lost,

I assume that the leds give the same info as the diagnostic screen, if I am wrong I can do it again and gather any more info possible
rcwilliamsco

Post by rcwilliamsco »

I tried shortening the shielded cable there was no difference, I did discover that when it stopped whether the the probe was tripped, or at the position to move to probe, or having just moved back from probe, if I switched the axis on the MPG unit, rotated the dial , pushed the cycle start button, it resumed the process. The screen just says moving, like it is not receiving a move completed signal, but since this is step and direction, that doesn't make sense.
At least not to me. since the unscheduled stops occur whether the probe is tripped or not it would seem that the probe itself is not the culprit.
I occasionally get a similar behavior in the homing process where in the move away from a home switch, the axis isn't moving but the screen says moving, I have never tried pressing cycle start a second time on that, I have up to now just pressed cycle cancel and re started the homing process.

any ideas ?
martyscncgarage

Post by martyscncgarage »

Post a video to YouTube, (Unlisted if you like) share a link here.
ALSO Post a report F7 Utilities, F7 Create report
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
rcwilliamsco

Post by rcwilliamsco »

report_74E182A8108A-0319191774_2020-10-21_22-20-16.zip
(646.92 KiB) Downloaded 106 times
Here is the report I generated I took a video of the machine stalling or what ever it is it is doing. Unfortunately my phone and my computer don't seem to want to cooperate. as I said before, every thing seems to operate fine, it is just stopping along the way, all I have to do is push a button, doesn't have to be the cycle start, just can't be end cycle. then it moves on to the next move, may go for 20 or more moves, may only go one.
rcwilliamsco

Post by rcwilliamsco »

been busy making things, got the video posted on you tube