CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Fault 411/412

Post by Reeltime273 »

Good Afternoon All,

After working on this project for the last few months, I finally applied power to my Centroid ALLIN1DC last weekend and have faults 411/412. I can clear them by resetting the E-stop switch. Yesterday I doubled checked all my wiring, as far as I can tell, everything looks good. I can watch my PID screen and manually turn each DC Servo and watch the value increase or decrease depending on direction, I believe that the issue isn't with the encoder. I have also inspected all the wiring for chaffing and checked the continuity of all servo drive circuits. I'm utilizing my original Anilam Baldor DC Servos. I'm not sure what direction to go at this point. I hope I have included everything that I need for assistance.

Thanks,
Mark
Attachments
report_0228202368_2020-11-01_09-44-32.zip
(2.89 MiB) Downloaded 120 times
msg_log.txt
(48.41 KiB) Downloaded 102 times
IMG_5141.jpg
IMG_5140.jpg
IMG_5139.jpg
cncsnw

Re: Fault 411/412

Post by cncsnw »

It is possible for encoders to count up and down, while still not having adequate differential voltage to satisfy the Allin1DC's signal level check.

Try making a DE9 breakout plug or fixture (e.g. something like this: http://www.cncsnw.com/EncoderTest.htm), then measure the voltage across your differential pairs.

As far as I can tell, your "412 ... encoder differential error" problem is only on the Y axis.

However, the message log also shows "410 ... position error" and "411 ... full power without motion" stalls on all three axes. When those happen, is the axis in question briefly running away at high speed? Or is it stopping or sitting still? If you get 410 and 411 stalls accompanied by a runaway, that is often an encoder signal problem. If you get 410 and 411 stalls accompanied by failure to move, that is more typically a servo power problem.

You did not say whether you are able to move some of your axes under control, some of the time. The message log suggests that maybe you can. If so, that suggests either a borderline-unsuitable signal level from the encoders, or an intermittent failure; or, similarly, marginally reliable motors.
Reeltime273
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Post by Reeltime273 »

I'm unable to move any of the axis under power, tried going to the MDI block command line and run G1 X-.25F.05, This happens with both the X and Y axis. Once I start the command in MDI, no matter which axis, it faults. I see a line under the axis that I just commanded, it goes from left to right, starts out green, yellow, red and then faults.
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

When you release the emergency stop button, does your emergency stop contactor close?

If so, what DC voltage do you then measure between the VM- and VM+ terminals on the Allin1DC unit?
martyscncgarage
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

First, did you follow the All In One DC Installation manual EXACTLY?
Did you happen to watch my set of Videos on All in One DC setup? martyscncgarage look through the playlist for All in One DC.
Where did the encoders come from? What make and model are they? Did you buy them from Centroid? Were they already on the motors?
If used DC Brush Servo motors did you test them prior to connecting them to AIO DC?: https://www.centroidcnc.com/dealersuppo ... ds/155.pdf

MOTORS ARE NOT CONNECTED TO A LOAD YET Correct? They are uncoupled from the machine?

You should be able to power up the control and jog the motors

I would also change this until you have the motors turning correctly and connected to the machine:
Machine home at pwrup: Ref Mark-HS
Leave it set to JOG. This way when you press cycle start, the control will set home right where it is at.
(Leads me to believe you aren't following the installation manual correctly)
With leaving Machine home at pwrup to JOG and restarting the control,
Then next control power up, you should be able to use the keyboard (or click on the jog buttons on VCP if you have it enabled) and be able to move ONE axis at a time. Motors should turn. Your Y axis will probably fault.

You do not tell us what motors are on the machine or their model numbers.
More detailed information will help...

Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
martyscncgarage
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

This sheet may be of benefit to you as well: https://www.centroidcnc.com/dealersuppo ... ds/313.pdf
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ