Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 7804734C6498-0401191832
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: OPCON 15374

Post by ShawnM »

You could also easily just use a lighted, DPDT pushbutton and run the light/led in the pushbutton through the second set of contacts to either turn the light on or off to acknowledge the button press.
cnckeith
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by cnckeith »

cncsnw wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:10 pm Are there to be more than one LED output from the board, for illuminating buttons?
How important is individual button LED control? do you really need the LED on the button to go OFF when the button is pressed?
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
cnckeith

Post by cnckeith »

ShawnM wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 5:24 pm You could also easily just use a lighted, DPDT pushbutton and run the light/led in the pushbutton through the second set of contacts to either turn the light on or off to acknowledge the button press.
i like that idea! seems to be a fair amount of them available? quick search on automation direct and mouser.

https://www.automationdirect.com/adc/sh ... =%22LED%22

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/E- ... d8eQ%3D%3D
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

That [latching pushbuttons with hard-wired lights to show when they are latched on] would be a poor second to having individually addressable outputs for the lights.

If your remote panel it going to have a "Feed Hold" button, wouldn't you like it to work like the one on the VCP?

That means it would have to be momentary -- not latching -- and the indicator light should turn on whenever the control is in Feed Hold, regardless of whether that was initiated with the external button; the VCP; or the feedrate override knob.

However, I am not the target market for this device, so take my opinions for what they are worth.

On review, I see that you are just talking about using momentary buttons and having the light go on or off momentarily, while the button is pressed, rather than actually showing the state of anything. That was not the point. The point was to allow the light in the button to communicate the state of a machine device or setting, like we have always been able to do with the hardware jog panel and with the VCP.
cnckeith

Post by cnckeith »

cncsnw wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:32 pm That [latching pushbuttons with hard-wired lights to show when they are latched on] would be a poor second to having individually addressable outputs for the lights.

If your remote panel it going to have a "Feed Hold" button, wouldn't you like it to work like the one on the VCP?

That means it would have to be momentary -- not latching -- and the indicator light should turn on whenever the control is in Feed Hold, regardless of whether that was initiated with the external button; the VCP; or the feedrate override knob.

However, I am not the target market for this device, so take my opinions for what they are worth.

On review, I see that you are just talking about using momentary buttons and having the light go on or off momentarily, while the button is pressed, rather than actually showing the state of anything. That was not the point. The point was to allow the light in the button to communicate the state of a machine device or setting, like we have always been able to do with the hardware jog panel and with the VCP.
ok you got it.. feature creep at its finest! we'll throw in the kitchen sink! thanks.
ShawnM
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 7804734C6498-0401191832

Post by ShawnM »

I only have two momentary, remote buttons and they are lit all the time. Cycle start and tool check. I personally don't need confirmation for either one as I know instantly that CNC12 got the signal. I cant watch them both at the same time anyway. :D

Any latching button would be a different situation of course.
BDubs

Post by BDubs »

Not getting plug & play behavior on my PC...shows up as "Reset" under other devices & tells me there's no compatible drivers for this device.

Can anyone hook me up with a driver I can point it to? Thought v5.09R2 would install it for Acorn SIX.

I've tried uninstalling the device hoping Windows would reinstall driver on restart but no dice.
Brady Watson | IBILD Solutions | Production Consultant | HiDef 3D Laser Scanning | Vectric Custom Video Training | IBILD.com
centroid467
Acorn CNC Controller: No
CNC12: No

Post by centroid467 »

BDubs wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 12:36 pm Not getting plug & play behavior on my PC...shows up as "Reset" under other devices & tells me there's no compatible drivers for this device.

Can anyone hook me up with a driver I can point it to? Thought v5.09R2 would install it for Acorn SIX.

I've tried uninstalling the device hoping Windows would reinstall driver on restart but no dice.
Nothing is showing up under Ports (COM & LPT)? OPCON23 uses the generic Microsoft Virtual Com Port driver that comes with the operating system so any manual driver installation should be unnecessary.
  • What Windows version are you using?
  • Have you installed any other serial port drivers on this system?
  • Is C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\usbser.sys present?
If possible, could you please post screenshots of Device Manage and the properties window for "USB Serial Device" if present.

That reset device should be present and can be ignored.
Last edited by centroid467 on Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
suntravel
CNC Control System Serial Number: 6433DB0446C1-08115074

Post by suntravel »

5.08 with Acorn Six, no problems with OPCON.

Did you follow the instructions?

Read which Com port, set parameter in CNC12 and it runs.

Uwe
Last edited by suntravel on Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sword
Plasma CNC Controller: No
AcornSix CNC Controller: No
Hickory CNC Controller: No

Post by Sword »

Yep, ignore the reset device and drop down the com/lpt ports list. Unplug/replug to see which one it is and the com # to enter in parameter 496.
Scott