Centroid CNC12 v5.07 rev8 BETA is now available.

Moderator: cnckeith

cnckeith
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Centroid CNC12 v5.07 rev8 BETA is now available.

Post by cnckeith »

thanks everyone! this thread has now been locked and left here for archival data use. please use the latest cnc12 beta seen at the top of this forum.10-24-23

Dear Centroid Power Users!

Update. Rev8 is now available. 10-4-23
https://centroid-support.filemail.com/d ... ipreg=true

changes in rev8

37. Made Rapid Override VCP skin the default skin for Acorn and AcornSix and set parameter 264 3 to activate rapid override control and display it by default.

38. Installer will now rename the cncm/cnct directory to be the backup instead of making a copy of it. This results in faster install times and doesn’t change the dates of the files contained in the cnct/cncm directories which makes updating easier.

39. ALLIN1DC Lathe ATC Hardinge PLC: Fixed issue with Jogging 1st and 2nd axis in the PLC program.

40. Fixed issue in AcornSix, Oak, ALLIN1DC, and Hickory PLC's that caused WMPG Macro buttons 1-4 to be unresponsive after pressing Macro 4 button.

41. Wizard now explicitly sets probe and tool touch parameters to both look at the probe inputs if tool touch inputs are not set up

* UPDATE..9-28-23. rev 5 had a PLC compile bug that affected Acorn users only.

we fixed it and now rev 6 is available.

Centroid CNC12 v5.07 rev6 BETA

We have been running this in house now for a little while and now we need your feedback from all your various machines and system configurations. So, thanks in advance for taking the time to install this new version of CNC12 and give it a drive around the block.

I hope to make a quick video on how the rapid override works on the VCP but i think you guys can figure it out.

if you want to give it a go. the easiest way is to simply use one of the 'stock' (centroid provided) VCP skins that have the new feature built into them. They are indicated by the word "rapid" in the skin name.

The word "link" in the filename indicates a variation of it and allows the rapid and feed to be linked together, for now i suggest you try the regular "non" linked VCP skin first. such as this one circled below for Router.
rapid.png

Open this file and change the name of the skin being used to one of the ones that has the rapid override feature and restart cnc12
options.png

and then go change P264=3, save, restart. to turn it on.

Draft Release Notes.

Wizard: Fixed a bug in the Axis Configuration screen where if the last accepted fast and slow jog rates exceeded the max rate, the Wizard will instead default back to the max rate available

CNC12 Legacy Load menu: Fixed wxwidgets crash when accessing files in the root directory in Windows thru CNC12. When P4=5 “cnc12 style of loading a file” crash would have occurred when attempting to load a file in the c:\

VCP: Added "Switching" functionality in the vcp where buttons, borders, and images can be swapped out at the press of a button.

CNC12: Fixed issue where the load meters were not working for an ACDC drive.

CNC PC Tuner: Added the new CNC PC Tuner App as part of the CNC12 install

Beta Rapid Override Control: Now available for testing Rapid Override control via the VCP. We added Rapid Rate Override functionality to PLC code, enabled and displayed on CNC12 screen in the status window via parameter 264.

VCP skins for Acorn, AcornSix, Hickory with the new Rapid Override controls pre-programmed ready to go are available for testing the Separate Rapid and Feedrate override controls. If you wish to test the new Rapid override feature out.

Note: Older plcs will display the feedrate as the rapid rate. "Rapid Override Disabled" will highlight Rapid Rate in red rather than Feedrate.

Fixed graphics anomaly issue bug in probing menus where instructions would clip into the diagrams on lower resolutions

Plasma Intercon: Improved graphing performance uses all new graphics engine

Added Command Line Arguments to the installer for OEM use

Added default load path to path.ini file for F2 – Load.

Added <run> ability to the vcp where a button can be set to run either a single line of G-code via <line> or run a macro via <macro> where a file path is specified

Fixed issue where the "Feedrate:" in the status window did not change to white text on a red background when rapid override is off.

Fixed issue where the display of PID output was not working in that it only showed 0 or OFF.

Fixed bug where DRO display would clip when more than three axes were visible on lower screen resolutions

AcornSix Wizard: Removed PWMOut assignment when selecting JTech Radio buttons. Since AcornSix has its own dedicated PWMOut header connections.

Fixed Plasma Restart Mode adding duplicate block numbers causing job not restarting properly

Removed hard coded distance. To allow users to adjust Turret movement amounts easily. Added Distance to travel past and distance to travel behind in Axis Driven Turret ATC type. Parameters 853 and 854 respectively.

Added a color option for Keyboard Jogging Active text

Fixed bug when "Rehome after estop" option is set, estop is hit and the software is restarted without ever rehoming, the machine would not require a rehome

Fixed bug where homing message would display on top of g-code preview if "Rehome after estop" option was set

Lathe: moved exit key from F9 to F7 to prevent accidental exiting when using F10 Shut\Down.

Improved Tangential Knife support: Added a "Display Linear as Rotary" bit to axis properties. Bit 17 (+131072) will display a linear axis as degrees on the dro, machine coords, wmpg, etc. Note: When choosing.

PLC words on the vcp will display their last known value after losing connection with the skinning api

Fixed a bug in the lathe run time graphics where the z axis would appear multiple times on first launch and then disappear completely every subsequent job run

Fixed a bug where large files would clip while graphing

Oak/Allin1DC/Hickory: Added remaining number of days for a trial license to the report.txt

The Skinning API functions GetMachineParameterValue and SetMachineParameter have been modified to allow the reading/writing of user variables 29000-34999 in any job state and in any menu

Wizard will not force the legacy vcp if the plc is newer than vcp 2.0 (Feb 11, 2020)

Fixed a rare intermittent issue where a lost or dropped UDP packet could result in a digitizing move appearing to lock up. In such cases, pressing a key on the keyboard (other than ESC or space bar) would result in the continuation of the digitizing.

Added support for Leadshine EL7 and EL8 EtherCAT servo drives for Hickory

Restored "Backup Files" and "Restore Files" to the User Maintenance menu. Previously removed in v. 5.00

Wizard: Fixed bug where parm 44 was set to parm 11 if ToolTouchDetect input wasn't defined

Fixed a situation where vcp was not terminating fully when closed through the windows taskbar

Added text feature to vcp to draw text to screen without the need of an image. Functions in similar fashion to plc_word

Acorn/AcornSix: Fixed wmpg not moving the slaved axis after homing prior to jogging the paired axes through any other means.
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
bleiler60
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: E415F6F2C7C9-0211214367
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Centroid CNC12 v5.07 rev5 BETA now available for download and testing.

Post by bleiler60 »

Getting a 501 Error at start up, which stops loading cnc12, but will load cnc12 when I try a second time. Doesn't appear to be any other issues.

Bill
bleiler60
CNC Control System Serial Number: E415F6F2C7C9-0211214367

Post by bleiler60 »

Seems as though the error was one time event. No longer get the error message
RogDC

Post by RogDC »

cnckeith wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 5:49 pm Dear Centroid Power Users!

I am happy to announce that Centroid CNC12 v5.07 rev5 BETA is now available for download and testing.
Does this require a fresh install or should we test as an update of existing?
Sword
Plasma CNC Controller: No
AcornSix CNC Controller: No
Hickory CNC Controller: No

Post by Sword »

After setting up my config in the wizard and then writing it, I get the attached error. I'm not using a custom PLC, and have not copied over any VCP modifications, just using the base setup to start with.

After the error closes and then cycling Acorn, loading CNC12 works, but none of my outputs are set. Going back into the wizard, the outputs show in the list as being set, but looking at the PLC diagnostic screen, all outputs are shown as OUTPUT1-8. Any attempt to reassign the outputs (swap in/out one output definition to make the wizard attempt to write to the PLC again), results in the same error.

Report attached as well. If you need some more info, let me know.
Attachments
report_780473842258-0115191645_2023-09-28_12-14-07.zip
(886.64 KiB) Downloaded 33 times
Wizard Config Error.png
Scott
cnckeith

Post by cnckeith »

RogDC wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 1:23 pm
cnckeith wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 5:49 pm Dear Centroid Power Users!

I am happy to announce that Centroid CNC12 v5.07 rev5 BETA is now available for download and testing.
Does this require a fresh install or should we test as an update of existing?
i always do a fresh install to test a beta
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
cnckeith

Post by cnckeith »

Sword wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 1:36 pm After setting up my config in the wizard and then writing it, I get the attached error. I'm not using a custom PLC, and have not copied over any VCP modifications, just using the base setup to start with.

After the error closes and then cycling Acorn, loading CNC12 works, but none of my outputs are set. Going back into the wizard, the outputs show in the list as being set, but looking at the PLC diagnostic screen, all outputs are shown as OUTPUT1-8. Any attempt to reassign the outputs (swap in/out one output definition to make the wizard attempt to write to the PLC again), results in the same error.

Report attached as well. If you need some more info, let me know.
thanks, we fixed it. will have a new rev soon.
suntravel
CNC Control System Serial Number: 6433DB0446C1-08115074

Re: Centroid CNC12 v5.07 rev6 BETA will soon be available.

Post by suntravel »

Installed on Acorn6 lathe.

RTG bug is history :)

New Rapid Override is cool, thank you.

I changed the Feedrate Override SVG to Feed Override, because the new button was overlapping.
You could have told me that P264 needs to be set to 3 to make Rapid Override work.
Needed some time to figure this out by reading the PLC :D

Works for me now with Macro3=20% Macro4=100%

Maybe this could be helpful for others updating:

Uwe
Attachments
report_0008DC111213-0511220026_2023-09-28_20-27-32.zip
(1020.88 KiB) Downloaded 25 times
VCP.jpg
cnckeith

Re: Centroid CNC12 v5.07 rev6 BETA will soon be available.

Post by cnckeith »

ah! sorry must have been left out of the lathe default cnc12 parameter file as a default value.

Set P264 to at least 1 to activate.
rapid over p264.png

and add 2 (so value is 3) to also display it.
display rapid.png

thanks for making the video that is awesome.

I'll post rev 6 here in a bit
cnckeith

Re: Centroid CNC12 v5.07 rev6 BETA is now available.

Post by cnckeith »

CNC12 v5.07 rev6 with Acorn PLC compile bug fixed.

https://centroid-support.filemail.com/d ... ipreg=true