Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 0074
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

issues with Slaved Home Axis and Home input configuration

Post by Blaze »

Hello all, I have a question concerning setting up my home switches on my Acornsix for a Router configuration. I am hoping someone can help me.

On input definition with “Home Limit” selected, inputs 9-15 configured as Axis Home Limit OK for the various axes. Input 16 was configured and SlavedHome Axis on the input definition for “Home”. All of my proximity sensors triggered on the VCP Screen, except my slavedHome” Axis sensor that’s connected on input 16

Home Sensors on input 9-16 was then moved to input 1-8 to for testing. I had the same results as above.
With “Home” selected on the input definition tab, inputs 1-8 was configured as Axis Home OK and was later moved to input 9-16. It appeared that this configured doesn’t work meaning, the VCP screen did not show any of the connected proximity sensor that are connected on any of the inputs. Not even with the Slaved Home Axis input or sensor.

Prior to my little success as mentioned above when Home Limit Ok was configured on the axes as described, I was never successfully in getting inputs 2-8 to recognize any proximity sensor that was connected to those input. Until I later loaded and older report created when I had software version 4.99 running. Why was this the case?

The issue I have now is that with the older report loaded to my software version 5.0. I am unable to turn my motors.
I am also not able to configure my proximity as SlaveHome Axis for my paired axis. Is this senor supposed to show on the VCP Screen when triggered/ shows an open condition?
Reports attached.

older report Newer report
ShawnM
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 7804734C6498-0401191832

Re: issues with Slaved Home Axis and Home input configuration

Post by ShawnM »

Not exactly sure why you have so many switches and inputs, you only need 4 proximity switches for a router using the auto squaring. One on X, one on Y and one on Z. Then the 4th on the slave axis slaved to Y. You only need two inputs for all 4 switches but others will tell you to put each switch on it's own input. If you have them use them.

Also, wire all your home/limit switches to the Acorn and not the expansion board.

Post some pics of the machine and what you are trying to do and why.

You need a pro license to configure axis paring and auto squaring.
ShawnM
CNC Control System Serial Number: 7804734C6498-0401191832

Post by ShawnM »

Looking at your latest report you have a ton of PC resends and communication errors (noise in the system) that you need to address before you go any further. Look at your error log and then have a look at tech bulletin 270 found here:

https://www.centroidcnc.com/dealersuppo ... ds/270.pdf

This noise issue will continue to haunt you and cause other issues until you address it.
cnckeith
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by cnckeith »

2nd what shawn said... and run the stress test to test the connection!

and please install and use the v5.0 release found here. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... loads.html

and fyi.. i should have a v5.02 release in a few days (hopefully less) with misc updates.
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
Blaze

Post by Blaze »

Thank you Mr. Keith and hello, Mr. Shawn, long time. Yes, I am still at this. With all that I have going on, it's hard for me to find 5 consecutive days to work on this machine. This is one reason why it's taking me this long.

To answer your question as to why I feel the need to have all these sensors for a router set up rather than just having 4 sensors for all 3 axes, including the 4th for auto squaring, my machine configuration also has an axis for a 90-degree swing head as well as a rotary axis.

I honestly wanted to use the "Home All" setting, which allows me to use fewer inputs. Unfortunately, when this option was selected, none of my switches showed up on the VCP. Not even when I triggered them manually. However, all of my inputs appear to be configured correctly based on the indication LEDs on the acorn6 as well as on the input screen once "Alt i" is pressed. Because of this issue, I'm not able to set the 4th axis as "SlaveHome" (I do have the Pro lic instaled)

All of my input wires were connected directly to Acorn.

Issue about noise. I believe I know what went wrong. Before I realized that the issue I was experiencing was with the acorn itself and not the sensor, I had all the sensors connected directly to an input on the acorn. I then replaced every input wire from the acorn with jumper wires to test every input with every sensor. The reason for this test was because I had noticed that when the "Home" option was selected to configure my home sensor as home all or as individual axis, only input 1 on the acorn board and the X-axis sensor were seen on the VCP. I also tried manually tripping the other sensors with no success. I noticed no effect on the VCP or on the motors.This was after loaded the old report I created. It was during this time that the error code 240 came up on the CVP. The jumper wires are still connected. I will remove them.

What I have done since my last post on this topic I reinstalled v5.0 for Acorn6. I noticed the motors were working now without me having to do anything, and I am hoping to get the same result with my sensors.
Blaze

Post by Blaze »

I believe I have fixed the issue I was experiencing with setting up the homing sensors. I was under the impression that once the Home All option was selected, sensors were connected, and Acorn rebooted, all of the sensors connected to the Home All axes should show up on the VCP dialog box. But this is not the case. The VCP dialog box will all show the state of the sensors when the Homing program is executed. Am I correct? This means if I were to try to trigger these sensors manually by placing a condutive object in front of them, there would be no visible indication of the state of the sensor on the dialog box. At least, this is what I am experiencing.
suntravel
CNC Control System Serial Number: 6433DB0446C1-08115074

Post by suntravel »

If sensors are wired in series, you only can see in PLC Diagnostic ( Alt+I ) if one of them ist triggered and changes the corresponding input.

Uwe
cnckeith
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by cnckeith »

Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
Blaze

Post by Blaze »

Thanks. It works.