Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Unified Centroid CNC12 v4.99 rev8 BETA

Post by carbuthn »

I installed the new version of 4.99 today and also installed a tool touch probe that I had sent back due to a crack in the housing for repair.

1. No Exit button to return from the Utility Page, Esc does still work if you know about it.
When I added the Tool Touch Probe to input 6 & 7 the numbers that you select to Red or Green where Gray and could not be changed to red or green. the tool touch probe was setup in the wizard with input 7 selected as tripped. Under the PLC Diagnostic Page the inputs changed properly when I plugged the probe in and when I tripped the probe. It has a button for the Mill, but not for the Lathe.

2. On the Axis Configuration Page I could only change the Drive Enable Delay for the Z (first) axis, the other ones stayed at 250 and were gray instead of black. After setting a drive enable under I think the Advanced Page, the Axis Configuration Page showed 2000 msec for all axis's.
Lathe Screenshot 2023-04-03 104918.jpg
Mill Screenshot 2023-04-03 105216.jpg
Joey
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No

Re: Unified Centroid CNC12 v4.99 rev8 BETA

Post by Joey »

1. The Esc. button will no longer be displayed if the "touch screen" option in the wizard's "Input Devices" menu is set to "No". By default the touch screen option is set to yes. If you prefer to have the "ESC" option on the screen then just leave the touch screen set to yes.

Tool Touch Off and Probe devices are set to NO/NC in the Wizard's "Touch Devices" menu. After setting the input for a tool touch or probe. Adjust the tripped state in there perspective menu under "Touch Devices".

2. Not able to reproduce the Wizard's Axis- Advanced menu "motor drive axis delay" changing the
Axis-Configuration "Drive enable delay" setting. I've loaded your report. Changing one should not affect the other. Did you only notice this once or are you able to reproduce this?
carbuthn

Post by carbuthn »

I noticed it when I upgraded from revision 6 to revision 8 on my lathe. I will have to go back to the shop and try to reproduce it later this evening.

The issue on the escape button is not a major issue for me, I will be getting a touch screen monitor after I recover from paying my property taxes and taking my two dogs to the Vet. I saw it because I was using a mouse to change the screens, as a lot of people do.

Thanks for the responses.
Joey

Post by Joey »

Having touch screen selected does not affect anything other that much option to select on the screen like the ESC button. I actually prefer to have the "ESC" button visible since I used a mouse most of the time even when I don't actually have a touch screen.

Also part of 2.
The "Drive Enable Delay" is the Same for Each Axis. The option being greyed out for the other Axes is by design so the delay for each is shown.

No problem. Thanks for mentioning any possible issues with the Beta.
carbuthn

Post by carbuthn »

The Drive Enable Delay was repeatable, but after I left the page and went to the Advanced Page and then came back to the Axis Configuration Page, the Other Three Axis delays had Updated to match the First Axis. It may be that the screen does not refresh when you change the delay, until you go to another page and come back.

Change made on the Axis Configuration Page
Axis Configuration Screenshot 2023-04-03 134742.jpg
Change made on the Advanced Page, to 1750 mSec
Advanced Screenshot 2023-04-03 135309.jpg
Went back to the Axis Configuration Page, the other 3 axis's are now changed to match the first axis (not that on the Advanced Page)
Axis Configuration Screenshot  After Change on Advance 2023-04-03 134742.jpg