Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: ATC Carousel

Post by dpascucci_support »

When you notice that the PLC diagnostic screen skips these counts, does the carousel rotate to the wrong bin? Or does it arrive at the requested position every time?
You can also use the PLC detective program, using the watch tab to observe "CurrentCarouselPosition_W" value (which is W54). If the PLC correctly follows the pulses from the prox sensors, then there is no issue.
How do you have the prox sensors wired to the acorn?
Domenic

When requesting support READ THIS POST first.

Please ALWAYS post a FRESH report.

(We pride ourselves on providing timely solid technical support but, without good information we may not be able to help and/or reply until such information is posted.)
Angelo DiCenso
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: cnc12 Mill Pro E0623483321F-0412225912,CNC Router Pro E0623479658B-1022203857
CNC12: Yes

Post by Angelo DiCenso »

Thank you for your reply dpascucci_Support

The carousel does rotate to the wrong bin
no it does not go to the requested position all the time, (75/25) chance
Looking at the PLC Detective The values of CurrentCarouselPosition_W work fine, the PLC correctly follows the pulses from the prox sensors
The prox sensor is wired; (Brown wire +24) (Blue Wire Com) (Black wire INP2). NPN NC
I also took a peak at tool counter value (0002) ant that works great The switches goes from a long 1 to a temporary 0 and back to 1 and that is not skipping.

other notes:
The ATC wizard does not retain the x value and if I edit the "FixedCarouselPosition.cnc" to eliminate the Y Axis Configurations (In my case the carousel is attached to the gantry so that the y Value is where the gantry is at the time of the too change request )that eventually gets overtighten somehow
can I stop cnc12 5.08 to not overwrite any of my changes?

Thanks Again
dpascucci_support
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Plasma CNC Controller: No
AcornSix CNC Controller: No
Hickory CNC Controller: No
CNC12: No

Post by dpascucci_support »

Hmm, I wonder if the tool counter sensor being NC is affecting the count in a weird way. I believe the PLC is set up to increment the position when the input closes. Try inverting the ToolCounter input and give it a test.
Domenic

When requesting support READ THIS POST first.

Please ALWAYS post a FRESH report.

(We pride ourselves on providing timely solid technical support but, without good information we may not be able to help and/or reply until such information is posted.)
Angelo DiCenso
CNC Control System Serial Number: cnc12 Mill Pro E0623483321F-0412225912,CNC Router Pro E0623479658B-1022203857

Post by Angelo DiCenso »

I just returned from my workshop and I was going to post Exactly what you suggested. I was late but very happy no credit for me. Yes it works great now. Thank you for locking into this issue, it was driving me crazy.

other notes:
The ATC wizard does not retain the x value and if I edit the "FixedCarouselPosition.cnc" to eliminate the Y Axis Configurations (In my case the carousel is attached to the gantry so that the y Axis Value is where the gantry is at the time of the too change request )that eventually gets overtighten somehow
cnckeith
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by cnckeith »

Angelo DiCenso wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:19 pm I just returned from my workshop and I was going to post Exactly what you suggested. I was late but very happy no credit for me. Yes it works great now. Thank you for locking into this issue, it was driving me crazy.

other notes:
The ATC wizard does not retain the x value and if I edit the "FixedCarouselPosition.cnc" to eliminate the Y Axis Configurations (In my case the carousel is attached to the gantry so that the y Axis Value is where the gantry is at the time of the too change request )that eventually gets overtighten somehow
once you go custom (editing the macro yourself) you can't use the Wizard.

or if you do use the Wizard and then you must copy back your custom "FixedCarouselPosition.cnc"

The Wizard doesn't "read" any of your edits in the macro it is a one way door.
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
Angelo DiCenso

Post by Angelo DiCenso »

Thank you cnckeith

I will try to work on the Rotary 4th Axis lets see how far I can get.

Thanks again all you support guys Great job
cnckeith

Post by cnckeith »

we have been working on rotary related UI/UX improvements in graphics and setup department.
we should have a v5.09 beta rev5 beta soon (in a few days) that should be very close to the release of v5.1
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
Angelo DiCenso

Post by Angelo DiCenso »

cnckeith;

I have the Teknic SDSK_RLN motors in the router on all axis ( X,Y,Z ) is there a specific motor from Teknics for the rotary A Axis that I should buy
I have seen one tread that the person was not using the RLN line and used the EQN line instead.
cnckeith

Post by cnckeith »

Angelo DiCenso wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:07 pm cnckeith;

I have the Teknic SDSK_RLN motors in the router on all axis ( X,Y,Z ) is there a specific motor from Teknics for the rotary A Axis that I should buy
I have seen one tread that the person was not using the RLN line and used the EQN line instead.

i always recommend the higher resolution clearpath motor (6400 step per rev) there are no cons beside being a few dollars more but there are many Pros