Re: Unified Centroid CNC12 v4.99 rev3 BETA for Acorn, AcornSix, Oak, Allin1DC, and MPU11
Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:13 pm
thanks for the feedback and kind words.
cmkanefab wrote: ↑Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:22 am wanted to provide some feedback first issues on a 4 axis lathe
1 Had to find the functions for the 2 out grey tool change inputs for wizard and unhide them. < ok these were hidden since we dont' have an ATC menu up and running in the Wizard yet, these are in place in anticipation of Wizard support>
2 this may be a feature request. Can home all eliminate c axis and use the z index from spin encoder for c home? using switches on one input for z,x,y, is great if i can set c on another input using a prox sensor for c home. at the least. best would have zri for c if its available. < all you need to do is write you own home program homeall and other home related inputs are designed for the 99% cases, the rest of the 1% can use the tools we provide to customize the home program so suit the application, see Centroid's Macro programming guide for more info>
3 c drive enable ,brake release/clutch output plc logic that disables spindle analog control, I have a separate servo for c. < should have this in next rev (rev4). we will eventually create a 'canned' C axis setup and try to satisfy most applications but, for now its up to the installer/user to config the C axis to suit the application with the free cnc tools we provide, (Macro Programming and or PLC programming etc)>
4 y axis and c axis in intercon is missing in my version. I see in the manual that options should reflect available axis according to parameters set. < no plans to add C axis and Y axis programming to Lathe intercon at the moment. Hopefully in 2023 we will do a big rewrite of Intercon Lathe and at that point will entertain all suggestions for feature additions. >
otherwise, having done several retros and years with mach3/4 this is my first experience with centroid, is is much more finished and professional... I love what you guys have made with the acorn, i bought the 4 1 month before the six came out(bad timing) and that is the next upgrade so I can run live tooling with ac servos for rigid taping on the y heads.