9-6-24 UPDATE! CNC12 v5.19 rev6 BETA Mill, Lathe, Router, Plasma is now available for public testing.

Moderator: cnckeith

Sword
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Plasma CNC Controller: No
AcornSix CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Hickory CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

USB-BOB and original OPCON Panel

Post by Sword »

Just a report to say that recognition and setup worked perfectly for the original OPCON panel. All knobs and button assignments worked.

After reading through the Wizard page, I was kind of expecting a message upon first boot after enabling it, saying to go back to the wizard to finish setting it up, but didn't. Just happened to think of it later on and started the Wizard to see that all the options were now available.

Never the less, it all worked well! 8-)
Scott

Allin1Chris
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: Centroid CNC12 v5.19 rev3 BETA CNC software is now available for public testing

Post by Allin1Chris »

ShawnM wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2024 6:57 pm What's the file name for the I/O information? Is it another XML file? I'd like to add this file to the script I use to copy out all important machine parameters. The I/O info in a single file saves a lot of time on new installs.
Its a .xml similar to the drive xml's.

Can find them under resources\wizard\saved\plcPresets or the resources\wizard\default\plcPresets. drives are found under the drive folder in the saved or default directory as well.
When requesting support READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043

Please ALWAYS post a FRESH report. To make a report: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecvg0VJp1oQ.

(We pride ourselves on providing timely solid technical support but, without good information we may not be able to help and/or reply until such information is posted.)

Centroid PLC Tutorial Videos

ShawnM
CNC Control System Serial Number: 7804734C6498-0401191832

Re: Centroid CNC12 v5.19 rev4 BETA CNC software is now available for public testing. August 14th Update

Post by ShawnM »

Great, thank you Chris.

mgeyer
AcornSix CNC Controller: Yes
Hickory CNC Controller: Yes

Re: Centroid CNC12 v5.19 rev4 BETA CNC software is now available for public testing. August 14th Update

Post by mgeyer »

August 14th Update - CNC12 v5.19 Beta rev4 is here!

Rev4 Additions and changes include:

1.) Added PC Tuner to the installer as an optional install

2.) Reinstated IO presets menu for Acorn/AcornSix

3.) Added Router manual to the Router install

4.) Resolved a bug where a missing definition in the AcornSix PLC template was causing PLC compilation errors

Download rev4 of the beta here: https://centroidcnc.com/centroid_diy/do ... 4_BETA.zip

As with all CNC12 updates do not use "restore report" from a previous version of CNC12. Please follow the CNC12 installation instructions here.
https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... ctions.pdf
Last edited by mgeyer on Mon Aug 26, 2024 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sword

Post by Sword »

The IO presets page in V5.19r4b seems to be reverting to "Bench Test" each time the wizard is opened, even though a custom one is loaded and the inputs/outputs pages reflect that it is loaded.

Also, the new "user_language.msg feature doesn't work in rev4.
viewtopic.php?p=90664#p90664

Report from one machine, will try on another later.
Attachments
report_9884E39427E5-1206170338_2024-08-14_21-17-59.zip
(986.75 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
Scott

ASPeters
Acorn CNC Controller: No

Post by ASPeters »

Sword wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 10:36 pm Also, the new "user_language.msg feature doesn't work in rev4.
viewtopic.php?p=90664#p90664
Can you post your user_language.msg file? The report doesn't pick it up just yet

Sword

Post by Sword »

ASPeters wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2024 7:56 am Can you post your user_language.msg file? The report doesn't pick it up just yet
My bad on the user_language.msg file. I was trying it on a different machine than I did earlier, and didn't have access to that machine/file for comparison. I used "replace:" instead of "replacement:". :oops:
Scott

Sword

Re: Centroid CNC12 v5.19 rev4 BETA Mill, Lathe, Router, Plasma is now available for public testing. August 14th Update

Post by Sword »

Here are a few thing with 5.19r4...

Set part zeros - laser - laser on F7 will turn the laser on, but does not turn it off. After a few pokes, it does nothing at all until you hit escape and come back.

With the addition of the USB-BOB to the diagnostics screen, there's a very noticeable delay in the LED state change. This could be misleading to anyone checking their I/O, as it's close to a 2 second delay (on mine at least). There's a bit of delay normally, but once the USB-BOB is enabled, it's twice as long of a delay and misleading when checking I/O.

Up-voting for this again ;) ... viewtopic.php?p=90543#p90543
Sort of related, the new default macro for the GOTO WCS XY0 button (goto_part_xy_zero.cnc) doesn't use the M25 (or G53 Z0 ) as it did previously using mfunc56.mac. This could be an issue for anyone that was used to the old way and hit that button expecting the previous normal motion, and instead gets.....rapid XY, crash, and break tool on material, jig, or clamp! :shock: :cry:
Scott

Muzzer
CNC Control System Serial Number: 38D269594F9C-0110180512

Post by Muzzer »

mgeyer wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 5:07 pm August 14th Update - CNC12 v5.19 Beta rev4 is here!

4.) Fixed PLC Bug with Lathe Software
Could you specify what the bug was exactly?

As this is the beta version of the 4th revision of the 19th branch of version 5, I'd rather not have to go through the update process if not critical. I appreciate that my current beta will expire soon but I'm getting very little workshop time at the moment due to work commitments and family issues, yet I'm hoping to try out the lathe tool probing functions before it does.

The feedback so far sounds encouraging. Hopefully I can confirm this myself shortly!

mgeyer
AcornSix CNC Controller: Yes
Hickory CNC Controller: Yes

Post by mgeyer »

Muzzer wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2024 6:45 pm
mgeyer wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 5:07 pm August 14th Update - CNC12 v5.19 Beta rev4 is here!

4.) Fixed PLC Bug with Lathe Software
Could you specify what the bug was exactly?

As this is the beta version of the 4th revision of the 19th branch of version 5, I'd rather not have to go through the update process if not critical. I appreciate that my current beta will expire soon but I'm getting very little workshop time at the moment due to work commitments and family issues, yet I'm hoping to try out the lathe tool probing functions before it does.

The feedback so far sounds encouraging. Hopefully I can confirm this myself shortly!
This was a minor error in the AcornSix PLC template that would cause PLC compilation errors in the Wizard.

PLC Error.png

While the issue was initially encountered on a lathe installation, the PLC source files for mill, router, and plasma have been corrected as well. I'll update the patch notes to make this more clear. Thank you