CNC12 v5.1 Release Candidate #2 is now available.

Moderator: cnckeith

cnckeith
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by cnckeith »

update. 4-5-24 RC#4 is here. https://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=9997

Release Notes:
cnc12_v5.1_release_notes_RC2.pdf
(1.38 MiB) Downloaded 87 times
RC3 is now available check RC3 thread for download link
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
Sword
Plasma CNC Controller: No
AcornSix CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Hickory CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: CNC12 v5.1 Release Candidate #2 is now available.

Post by Sword »

Is it possible that this issue has crept back in? I am not able to get TT or probing to work as it used to, and it seems to be acting similar the the linked post. Parameter 404 is set, but it makes no difference this time. Auto Z to plate does not stop upon touch. The input for TT does trip in the diagnostics screen. Warning for tool touch tripped shows when not probing and checking the touch off, but doesn't when probing for Z (with mfunc44.mac for testing).

https://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=9373

Two reports attached. One from v5.10rc2, and one from v5.08
Attachments
report_780473842258-0115191645_2024-03-25_17-26-11.zip
(1.6 MiB) Downloaded 7 times
report_780473842258-0115191645_2024-03-25_17-10-54.zip
(909.16 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
Scott
avp
CNC Control System Serial Number: E062346A1C67-0716214939

Post by avp »

I tried 5.1 last week. got everything configured with entering all setting thorough the wizard.
I did copy over my tool library and tool offset folders from 5.08
After that I am getting an error that I have not seen in a long time. It is the "can't save tool library" "can't save offset library" error
I was wondering if I did something wrong or perhaps this issue crept back in as well.
Bill
Nigelo
CNC Control System Serial Number: F045DA80C8B8-0905181172
E415F6F70BC3-0318203049
98F07B91FC6B-0123236802

Post by Nigelo »

Sword wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:28 pm Is it possible that this issue has crept back in? I am not able to get TT or probing to work as it used to, and it seems to be acting similar the the linked post. Parameter 404 is set, but it makes no difference this time. Auto Z to plate does not stop upon touch. The input for TT does trip in the diagnostics screen. Warning for tool touch tripped shows when not probing and checking the touch off, but doesn't when probing for Z (with mfunc44.mac for testing).

I think I may have found the solution to a very similar problem.

Long story short, the Input definition ToolTouchOffDetect does NOT work as intended either on v5.1 RC2, v5.08 or v5.06.

I am using Centroid's DP4 and TT2 both being NC detection and NO for triggering/tripped. Only 1 is connected at any one time and therefore I am using a single bulkhead connector as supplied by Centroid which accepts connection from either device with the appropriate coiled cord.

The DP4 uses bulkhead connector pin 6 for detection whilst the TT2 uses pin 4 for this function. Both devices use pin 5 for trigger signaling - Full connection details on S14959 and S14960.

Inputs now used are as follows:
Inp 4 ToolTouchOffDetect
Inp 6 ProbeDetect
Inp 7 ProbeTripped

Using the Simplified I/O PLC diagnostics these Inputs appear to be working correctly

I attach the usual report for v5.1 RC2 and the Wizard's Settings PDF

With this configuration, the DP4 works correctly but the TT2 will trigger an error message No Tool Touch Detect Signal when trying to touch off

Reconfiguring (i.e. swapping) Inp 4 as ProbeDetect and Inp 6 as ToolTouchOffDetect allows the TT2 to function normally.

This suggests a PLC abnormality where the input ToolTouchOffDetect does not behave in the same way as ProbeDetect.

Why mention this now? For the last 5 years I have very successfully used both DP4 and TT2 on 2 machines with bulkhead connector Pins 4 and 6 sharing the Input 6 set to ProbeDetect and Input 7 set to ProbeTripped. I could not continue to use this method with v5.08 for other reasons following some recent tests.
Attachments
report_E415F6F70BC3-0318203049_2024-03-26_13-59-24.zip
(897.23 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Wizard v5.1.pdf
(1.04 MiB) Downloaded 2 times
Hope this helps
Nigel

"You can lead a horse to water but you cannot force it to drink"
swissi
CNC Control System Serial Number: 985DADEB24D5-0309180716

Post by swissi »

Sword wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:28 pm Is it possible that this issue has crept back in? I am not able to get TT or probing to work as it used to, and it seems to be acting similar the the linked post. Parameter 404 is set, but it makes no difference this time. Auto Z to plate does not stop upon touch. The input for TT does trip in the diagnostics screen. Warning for tool touch tripped shows when not probing and checking the touch off, but doesn't when probing for Z (with mfunc44.mac for testing).

Looking at your report, it shows that you have a TP configured on Input 7 with type NC but there's no ProbeDetect Input configured which is according to Centroid not a supported configuration but it has worked with former releases as long as you did not disconnect the TP and you didn't want any probe protection.

Centroid has made changed to the probing logic to automatically activate probe protection when the loaded T# matches the configured T# of the TP and it looks like this configuration has become a victim of this new logic.

According to my tests, if a TP is configured with type NC without a Detect Input, the trip signals are ignored if the T# does not match the T# of the TP. If the T# is the TP, a Probe Tripped Warning is reported by CNC12 no matter if the probe is tripped or not.

-swissi
If you are using Fusion 360, check out my CNC12 specific Post Processor
If you are using a Touch Probe, Tool Touch Off Device or a Triple Corner Finder Plate, check out my ProbeApp

Contact me at swissi2000@gmail.com
Sword

Post by Sword »

Yes, the device on input 7 is a fixed tool measure button (metrol clone type) and there is no ProbeDetect circuit for a detect input. As stated in the referenced thread, setting parameter 404 to 70267 fixed the situation created by the new probe logic that started with v5.07r12, but it doesn't in 5.10r2.

I know that a fixed tool measure device like this isn't a probe, but when you have a conductive plate or button and a NC fixed tool measure device (open when tripped), this is the best way to hook them up without jumping through other hoops. Perhaps we need a ToolTouchOffTriggered2 for a tool measure device of differing contact type. ;)
Scott
cnckeith

Post by cnckeith »

using a NC touch plate assigned as a probe requires a detect.

if you use NO touch plates it works.

why do you have this touch plate set as NC?
sword.png
this is just a pc of metal with a wire? how is this NC? this looks like an NO (open till contact)

I use the TT as a Tool touch off to set tool lengths.

I use the Touch Plate/Probe for setting zeros.

Note: In upcoming CNC12 v5.2 we are adding Wizard support for Touch Plates with a new Wizard Menu specifically for Touch Plates which will auto configure Probes, TT's and Touch Plates when they are all used together.
The CNC12 Router menu structure is also being changed to better suit typical Router Operator work flows. I should have a beta soon, would you like to become a alpha tester for this new Router Version of CNC12?
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
Sword

Post by Sword »

cnckeith wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:10 pm using a NC touch plate assigned as a probe requires a detect. The touch plate is set as a touch plate, and it's not NC. The tool measure plunger is set as Probe and is NC (NO when triggered). Unconventional configuration I know, but it has worked flawlessly for 5 years.

if you use NO touch plates it works. It used to, but with the recent RC's, it doesn't.

why do you have this touch plate set as NC? It's not, unless you're referencing it's triggered state, which is NC.

this is just a pc of metal with a wire? how is this NC? this looks like an NO (open till contact) It is. It's not. It is.

I use the TT as a Tool touch off to set tool lengths. I do too. I set the first tool for the job with the touch plate (material surface or table surface depending on the type of work) and all tools afterwards with the tool length sensor as shown in that video at around the 5:45 mark.

I use the Touch Plate/Probe for setting zeros. I do too.

Note: In upcoming CNC12 v5.2 we are adding Wizard support for Touch Plates with a new Wizard Menu specifically for Touch Plates which will auto configure Probes, TT's and Touch Plates when they are all used together.
The CNC12 Router menu structure is also being changed to better suit typical Router Operator work flows. I should have a beta soon, would you like to become a alpha tester for this new Router Version of CNC12? I have been an alpha/beta/rc tester for quite some time now. ;)
Attachments
TT Config.png
Probe Config.png
Scott
cnckeith

Post by cnckeith »

are you using the Tool Touch Off menu to setup a Touch Plate?

Tool Touch Off is for Tool Offset Measurement and not settings zeros.

Touch Off Plate is for Setting zeros in most cases but could also be used as a Tool Measurement device under the right circumstances.

swissi worked out all these combinations so you can just pick what you want to do, seems like each router operator wants to use some other combination. :-)) that's why we are creating a Touch Plate Setup menu in the Wizard to accompany the TT and Probe menus and offer canned macros and canned vcp buttons for the most common methods and combinations used by router users.

#1 Router setup IMHO is: fixed Tool Touch Off for Tool Lengths and using a moveable Touch Plate for setting zeros

TT is NC, Touch Plate is NO

and then this method has two branches,

use tool offsets and maintain a tool library or not (measure each tool over with every tool change)

and then two more branches

with ATC and Without.
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

cnckeith wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:25 pm #1 Router setup IMHO is: fixed Tool Touch Off for Tool Lengths and using a moveable Touch Plate for setting zeros

TT is NC, Touch Plate is NO
What would be the values in P11, P18, P43, P44 and P257 in this setup? Pick any set of input assignments for example purposes.

Or is there another set of parameters now, for a second tool touch-off device?