wanting to eliminate Z retraction on Depth repeat

A place to discuss and ask questions about all things Machining for Mills, Lathes, Laser, and Routers

Moderator: cnckeith

AllenM
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: (0213130680)
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

wanting to eliminate Z retraction on Depth repeat

Post by AllenM »

I have a 3 axis Bridgeport with allinone CNC 12 V5.06 I have search the manual and online but can not find an answer for this question.
I do a lot of one off milling and porting on gun slides which involves several pass cuts with smaller bits.

For example today I did 12 ports .275 deep with 3/16" bit. I program in the first pass then select depth repeat then repeat all the rest of the ports.
The way I am doing it the z axis retracts and re engages after every single cut.
I have been editing the program file and manually deleting the G codes and the M25 moves, but there has to be a better way.

If I could turn of the retraction move that would be great, or am I approaching the program all together wrong?

Thanks in advance
cncsnw

Re: wanting to eliminate Z retraction on Depth repeat

Post by cncsnw »

In the Depth Repeat operation, set Clearance Height to 0.0, then press F1 to toggle it to Incremental.
AllenM

Post by AllenM »

cncsnw wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 5:28 pm In the Depth Repeat operation, set Clearance Height to 0.0, then press F1 to toggle it to Incremental.
I can enter 0.0 and select INC but it won't let me save it that way. when I hit accept and close out and go back in it says home again. and graphing it confirms that as well.
AllenM

Post by AllenM »

cncsnw wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 5:28 pm In the Depth Repeat operation, set Clearance Height to 0.0, then press F1 to toggle it to Incremental.
Alright I take it back. I added a a new first line to the program that started z on 0.0 but did not include it in the depth repeat blocks and that worked.

It was a fluke that I didn't include it, because I just forgot to change that parameter wow that will be a real time saver