WMPG failure to connect to MpgClient.exe

A place to discuss and ask questions about all things Machining for Mills, Lathes, Laser, and Routers

Moderator: cnckeith

cncsnw

WMPG failure to connect to MpgClient.exe

Post by cncsnw »

This is not a machining/programming topic, but I am posting it here because it applies equally to Acorn and to closed-loop controls.

On a couple recent systems, I have encountered intermittent failure of the wireless MPG to communicate with CNC12. The WMPG display shows a good signal and plenty of battery, but the MpgClient.exe software apparently does not detect it. The DRO display does not appear on the wireless MPG, and CNC12 responds to neither the handwheel nor the keys.

In at least one case, a warning message was displayed on startup indicating that a wireless MPG was configured, but not detected. Interestingly, I do not recall ever having gotten that message when the WMPG was present but turned off.

Has anyone else encountered this situation?
Attachments
PB010019.JPG
report_0008DC111213-0416200945_2022-10-31_18-56-13.zip
(6.58 MiB) Downloaded 3 times
ScreenShot02.png
ScreenShot02.png (7.07 KiB) Viewed 804 times
ShawnM
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 7804734C6498-0401191832
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: WMPG failure to connect to MpgClient.exe

Post by ShawnM »

I remember seeing this message when I moved my WMPG to another machine I was retrofitting for testing. I turned my machine back on, it was still configured in the wizard for the WMPG, but the USB antenna was not plugged in as it was on the other machine. I got this message as the software was looking for the antenna but it was not plugged into the pc. I'd check the USB antenna or try another USB port.
suntravel
CNC Control System Serial Number: 6433DB0446C1-08115074

Post by suntravel »

ShawnM wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:37 pm I remember seeing this message when I moved my WMPG to another machine I was retrofitting for testing. I turned my machine back on, it was still configured in the wizard for the WMPG, but the USB antenna was not plugged in as it was on the other machine. I got this message as the software was looking for the antenna but it was not plugged into the pc. I'd check the USB antenna or try another USB port.
same here.

I got a second WMPG to fix it :D

Uwe
ShawnM
CNC Control System Serial Number: 7804734C6498-0401191832

Post by ShawnM »

suntravel wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:02 am
ShawnM wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:37 pm I remember seeing this message when I moved my WMPG to another machine I was retrofitting for testing. I turned my machine back on, it was still configured in the wizard for the WMPG, but the USB antenna was not plugged in as it was on the other machine. I got this message as the software was looking for the antenna but it was not plugged into the pc. I'd check the USB antenna or try another USB port.
same here.

I got a second WMPG to fix it :D

Uwe
The guy I sold the machine to did buy one. Once he saw it in action he said to me "Where do I get one of those?". :D