THC issue

All things related to the Centroid Acorn Plasma system.

Moderators: cnckeith, Joey

cardin3
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Plasma CNC Controller: Yes
AcornSix CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Hickory CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 7550
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: THC issue

Post by cardin3 »

Yes I also have windows defender disabled. I was hoping to get rid of it all together and like you MyCNCPC is not on the internet.
I'm thinking my THC issue is resolved by doing custom profiles and observing voltage seems to be working well.
I'm going to do more testing deliberately slope a piece of material so I can observe the THC but I think I'm on the right track with all the help from this forum.
The next thing I'll have to figure out is why my omic sensor occasionally quits working. I think that will be a separate post if I can't figure it out.
ShawnM
CNC Control System Serial Number: 7804734C6498-0401191832

Post by ShawnM »

Yup, you'll just have to tweak the profile settings for your plasma cutter. I've even tweaked the profile settings and I'm using a Hypertherm plasma. No two machines will cut the same so it's trial and error as you go. Once you get it dialed in it'll be smooth sailing.

Watching it cut up hill is cool. Try a piece of corrugated metal and watch that. :o

Do you have a water table with your ohmic sensor? Bad grounds can cause a bad touch off also.
cardin3
Plasma CNC Controller: Yes
AcornSix CNC Controller: No
Hickory CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 7550

Post by cardin3 »

I do have a water table. Grounds are all good. I double checked all the wiring. The altI I/o page verified that I'm not getting a change in the switch. Then I changed consumables and it started working. Then just as it started working it stopped again. Ground lead is on the metal being cut. Ohm meter verified everything is good all the way back to pin 9 on the board. I'll have to dig deeper on this.