Practice on intercon plasma problem

All things related to the Centroid Acorn Plasma system.

Moderators: cnckeith, Joey

bertieboy
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Plasma CNC Controller: Yes
AcornSix CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Hickory CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Practice on intercon plasma problem

Post by bertieboy »

This is the part i drew and cant get rid of lol
This is the part i drew and cant get rid of lol
I havent even hit the real software loaded machine yet lol and im havin probs ..... bloody hell, anyway im ok just havin a laugh at myself. Im retrofitting a cnc plasma table with the centroid boards, thc and all. Ive booted the main one up (not 2 thc boards yet) on the table and got the heartbeat and cnc12 loaded and all in well. No motors yet (got to choose) old ones open loop junk.
So i realise i cant practice or play on the cnc12 as board packed away until refit done. And someone suggested centroid intercon. Which i downloaded and have started to import dxfs and see it can draw simple shapes etc. Great stepping stone to cnc12.
Questions are:
Do i need to use this intercon for all jobs when cnc12 up and running? If not why does it exist? To make simple parts and not need software? (Totally new here!)
And my prob is how do i clear the last job? Like get rid of that hook example? If i import a dxf or start a new job it just adds to whats on screen (example hook stays there) and if i choose "new" and up pops the folders to go get say a dxf, when theres 2 parts now, it just turns off and back to my normal computer screen. Its like the software just closed itself. No msgs nothing left open...... any ideas? Cheers, thanks for any help, happy to be onboard and motors are next chapter cheers
cnckeith
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: Practice on intercon plasma problem

Post by cnckeith »

i move this post to the plasma forum.

please post the intercon file you are having issues with. and please post a fresh report.zip

press "FIle" to Load another existing job or NEW to start a new job.
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
Joey

Post by Joey »

bertieboy wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:46 am 9A72EF92-DF0F-4DB6-8031-4C4B0F7897DB.jpegI havent even hit the real software loaded machine yet lol and im havin probs ..... bloody hell, anyway im ok just havin a laugh at myself. Im retrofitting a cnc plasma table with the centroid boards, thc and all. Ive booted the main one up (not 2 thc boards yet) on the table and got the heartbeat and cnc12 loaded and all in well. No motors yet (got to choose) old ones open loop junk.
So i realise i cant practice or play on the cnc12 as board packed away until refit done. And someone suggested centroid intercon. Which i downloaded and have started to import dxfs and see it can draw simple shapes etc. Great stepping stone to cnc12.
Questions are:
Do i need to use this intercon for all jobs when cnc12 up and running? If not why does it exist? To make simple parts and not need software? (Totally new here!)
You can just load a G-code file straight into cnc12 to run. A lot of users run sheetcam for creating plasm g-code and we have Posts for sheetcam and fusion 360. Plasma Intercon is still in Beta but is meant for easy part building. Intercon also has teach mode where a part can be laid on the table and a laser or just the torch can be used to trace the part to build the part in Intercon. Also DXF/SVG's can be imported into Intercon to then add lead in/outs and apply a kerf offsets

And my prob is how do i clear the last job? Like get rid of that hook example? If i import a dxf or start a new job it just adds to whats on screen (example hook stays there) and if i choose "new" and up pops the folders to go get say a dxf, when theres 2 parts now, it just turns off and back to my normal computer screen. Its like the software just closed itself. No msgs nothing left open...... any ideas? Cheers, thanks for any help, happy to be onboard and motors are next chapter cheers
Ive created a video on loading a DXF into Intercon and a short explanation of why I think Intercon was closing. Check it out here
https://photos.app.goo.gl/YQDJ8sbCaNy47bwr8
bertieboy

Post by bertieboy »

cnckeith wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:01 pm i move this post to the plasma forum.

please post the intercon file you are having issues with. and please post a fresh report.zip

press "FIle" to Load another existing job or NEW to start a new job.
Thankyou keith... i press file and new etc it just wont remove previous part drawn, just adds to the commands under the previous part. I want a fresh blank screen. Anyway i will check out next answere cheers
bertieboy

Post by bertieboy »

Joey wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:31 pm
bertieboy wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:46 am 9A72EF92-DF0F-4DB6-8031-4C4B0F7897DB.jpegI havent even hit the real software loaded machine yet lol and im havin probs ..... bloody hell, anyway im ok just havin a laugh at myself. Im retrofitting a cnc plasma table with the centroid boards, thc and all. Ive booted the main one up (not 2 thc boards yet) on the table and got the heartbeat and cnc12 loaded and all in well. No motors yet (got to choose) old ones open loop junk.
Questions are:
You can just load a G-code file straight into cnc12 to run. A lot of users run sheetcam for creating plasm g-code and we have Posts for sheetcam and fusion 360. Plasma Intercon is still in Beta but is meant for easy part building. Intercon also has teach mode where a part can be laid on the table and a laser or just the torch can be used to trace the part to build the part in Intercon. Also DXF/SVG's can be imported into Intercon to then add lead in/outs and apply a kerf offsets

Ive created a video on loading a DXF into Intercon and a short explanation of why I think Intercon was closing. Check it out here
Thanks mate for your answere, yes i saw that feature of tracing mentioned, be curious to know its accuracy as it would be handy. And i played with the kerf lead in out settings but cant seem to find how to change the lead ins/outs from inside to outside a part/hole etc?... i will now check out your link thanks again cheers
bertieboy

Post by bertieboy »

Questions are:

Ok Joey, just watched your vid, a big thanks mate, i really appreciate it. Bertieboy was my grandpops nickname, ive used it for years as he was my idol for makin stuff lol...anyway great info, im trying to do it all with a mouse. My son uses solidworks and says i need to learn shortcut commands on keyboard. As in you highlighted a group of lines and deleted them!... simple. Lol. In your part, you switched the lead ins/outs on the little holes by changing only the ccw or clockwise direction.... is that how you change lead in outs or thst was one way in those small holes? Overall again cheers
Joey

Post by Joey »

bertieboy wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:43 pm Ok Joey, just watched your vid, a big thanks mate, i really appreciate it. Bertieboy was my grandpops nickname, ive used it for years as he was my idol for makin stuff lol...anyway great info, im trying to do it all with a mouse. My son uses solidworks and says i need to learn shortcut commands on keyboard. As in you highlighted a group of lines and deleted them!... simple. Lol. In your part, you switched the lead ins/outs on the little holes by changing only the ccw or clockwise direction.... is that how you change lead in outs or that was one way in those small holes? Overall again cheers
Lol keeping the name going. Nice.
Good point about the delete button on the keyboard. It would be nice to be able to right click with the mouse for a delete option. Ill add that to the feature list

The Kerf Offset is defined as left or right. So the kerf offset being left or right depends on the Cut direction. The leadin was on the outside of the small circles because the cut direction was set to Clock Wise. and with a kerf offset of left that forced the lead-in to the outside of the circle. I just changed the cut direction to counter clock wise to get what I wanted.
bertieboy

Post by bertieboy »

Questions are:

Heres a link to a quick vid i did about one thing, hope it works, first time booting google pic/vid link
https://photos.app.goo.gl/x8i7mvLoi3x7TwxL7
Joey

Post by Joey »

When selecting File-New you are creating a new Intercon Job.
The New file space is asking what You would like to call the Intercon Job your creating.

Typer the New ICP file name in the space and finish the new file set up.

Then you can insert a DXF

I've created another video for you
bertieboy

Post by bertieboy »

Joey wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:43 pm When selecting File-New you are creating a new Intercon Job.
The New file space is asking what You would like to call the Intercon Job your creating.

Typer the New ICP file name in the space and finish the new file set up.

Then you can insert a DXF

I've created another video for you
cheers Joey, Thanks again mate. Much appreciate the video help great stuff.. Yes I get it all now. New job and if I want to use the dxf name, it comes with filleust going to bed, work in morn and will play with it more over weekend. Obviously you have the machine hooked up to open cnc12?
Mine now says I need a licence too, so looks like this licence is purchased seperatley? i will investigate.......oh, and what what motors you running? peace 8-)