Torchmate accumove 2 conversion

All things related to the Centroid Acorn Plasma system.

Moderators: cnckeith, Joey

Joey
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Torchmate accumove 2 conversion

Post by Joey »

Did you try the different duplex settings? I've seen some PC's that needed the Duplex setting changed or manually set.

100mps or 100 Half duplex or 100 full duplex.

Com Error setting duplex.png
Digger873
Plasma CNC Controller: Yes
AcornSix CNC Controller: No
Hickory CNC Controller: No

Post by Digger873 »

Well the new pc fixed the com errors, so now its on to calibrating my torch and hopefully cutting my first parts.
Thanks for all the help.
Jared
Digger873
Plasma CNC Controller: Yes
AcornSix CNC Controller: No
Hickory CNC Controller: No

Post by Digger873 »

Its been a longer than I thought project, but worth it. Building the control panel was more work than I realized but taking my time to make sure I had it straight in my head paid off. I have successfully cut test parts today, and aside from the typical plasma table issues they came out great. My ohmic sensing works perfectly now, running through the relay like Joey suggested. I found it works better with a faster decel rate than default. I settled on .2 and am very happy. I also learned that the metal must be clean and rust free even where the clamp is. When it is dirty I had problems with the torch raising up off of the work piece.
I have also learned through this experience, that sizing your steppers drivers AND power supplies correctly is incredibly important.
I had nema 23 6 amp steppers with a 2.5 amp power supply running all 4 steppers, and the table couldnt get more that 120 ipm without losing steps. With the same table and motors, I had stepperonline size the drivers and power supplies for that specific motor. I bought dm860t drivers and 4 48 v power supplies. Now i am able to run 400 ipm with no problem and I havent tried faster yet but feel like I could get faster without trouble.
On top of that the motors dont even get warm to the touch. Im sure with continuous use they would but not for a part here and there.
Now it is on to fine tuning and learning the software, intercon and the fusion 360 post processor.
Thanks for everybody's help I really appreciate it.
Jared