Help

All things related to the Centroid Acorn Plasma system.

Moderators: cnckeith, Joey

DCLegacyCo
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Plasma CNC Controller: No
AcornSix CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Hickory CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 0035FF8E6898-1008203806
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Help

Post by DCLegacyCo »

Hey all my plasma cnc was cutting fine yesterday. Today started cutting and the machine would pause during operation. With a press of cycle start it would continue. It threw a Ethernet code so I figured it was not communicating with my computer. I changed Ethernet cords and now it will touch off and sit in the same spot going up and down slightly (my voltage control I’m guessing). Any help would be appreciated thanks.
ShawnM
CNC Control System Serial Number: 7804734C6498-0401191832

Re: Help

Post by ShawnM »

I'm betting you have some noise issues. Please post a current report from the machine so we can look at your error log. 99% of the time this has been a noise issue. Do you have everything grounded properly? Do you have a ground rod into the earth and the table grounded to that? Is each axis grounded back to a common point?
Joey
CNC Control System Serial Number: none

Post by Joey »

I agree with Shawn. It is probably is related to the Ethernet cord and or interference. Create a Fresh report in the Utility menu and attach it in a post. Make sure the report is turned into a ZIP file. We can better see errors from the report.
cnckeith
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by cnckeith »

DCLegacyCo wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 1:58 pm Hey all my plasma cnc was cutting fine yesterday. Today started cutting and the machine would pause during operation. With a press of cycle start it would continue. It threw a Ethernet code so I figured it was not communicating with my computer. I changed Ethernet cords and now it will touch off and sit in the same spot going up and down slightly (my voltage control I’m guessing). Any help would be appreciated thanks.
run the com stress test
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html