Flickering screen

All things related to the Centroid Acorn Plasma system.

Moderators: cnckeith, Joey

Jordy15
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Flickering screen

Post by Jordy15 »

It took a few months, but finally some progress in this project.
Sadly i'm facing some problems

I downloaded the latest software en attached the report file

Sometimes the program crashes. See attached pictures. Even after restart the computer, the computer is really slow and won't open any programs. After a few reboots its working again, but it looks like the software is damaging the computer.

Another problem with homing. I have inductive sensors attached on the machine so i can home automatically. When press 'set xyz home' the controller gives message: 'Home tripped' and machine will not home until i move the axes away from sensors. So it would be nice that machine can home, even when sensors are activated at home position.

Another problem with homing with axes pairing. When homing the machine seeks the sensors, stops and a warning is given that x axes travel exceeded. Of course its exceeding, we are homing ? After that all the axes pairing settings are deleted from the wizard and i need to pair axes again and select automatic homing in the wizard and restart the software.
I tried moving home and slave sensors in different distance from each other. When sensors are to close, controller says both sensors are tripped with first movement.
Attachments
IMG_20240315_204849.jpg
IMG_20240313_195907.jpg
IMG_20240315_205413.jpg
IMG_20240315_205637.jpg
IMG_20240313_190809.jpg
IMG_20240313_190655.jpg
IMG_20240313_190819.jpg
IMG_20240313_193309.jpg
report_20D7787C505E-1031226635_2024-03-15_21-18-37.zip
(4.42 MiB) Downloaded 4 times
Jordy15

Post by Jordy15 »

I just tried to jumper the ena wire of axes 1 and 4, like described in manual. But now both motors lose power instead of one after unpairing axes in home sequence. Software is keeping running in negative direction, but nothing is moving. And in the wizard all the pairing settings are deleted.
:shock:
Joey

Post by Joey »

Jordy,

Did you ever try a different PC?
It really seems the PC has struggled even during Bench Testing.

Is There anything else on the Current PC try and Wipe the PC and Run the PC Tuner.
https://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=9498

Can you start A Google photo album and post detailed pictures of the Cabinet and everything related to the Acorn And THC.
Jordy15

Post by Jordy15 »

Hi Joey,

Thanks for reply.

I downloaded the tuner. Everything was already set up well and the pc is better than minimum requirements.
I bought this pc especially for this machine and the only thing that's running is the acorn software.
Attached a few picks of the machine.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/MyEJ9rcFbU74vQyX7

https://photos.app.goo.gl/X7ZmfXrRKf4PzBqQA

https://photos.app.goo.gl/D57aPDedrAf3MpbK7

I set the software to manually squaring to use the machine for now. But i guess this is not the solution..

Another thing I noticed when jogging the Z axis manually, the machine respect the software axis limit values. So it stops smoothly at lowest z position.
Different when you start a cut... When Torch is moving down and don't find a plate to set Z axis zero. Z is keep moving down further than software limit, and slams into machine limit.
I guess it's similar problem i described few posts before. The software is not listening to max and min thc z height values and is moving further than software limits.
Joey

Post by Joey »

Jordy15 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:27 pm Another problem with homing. I have inductive sensors attached on the machine so i can home automatically. When press 'set xyz home' the controller gives message: 'Home tripped' and machine will not home until i move the axes away from sensors. So it would be nice that machine can home, even when sensors are activated at home position.

When an axes homes the axes trips the homing switch, then moves away from the switch until the switch un trips.

Then machine 0 for that axes is set. With soft limits, the axes should never be in a position to trip the home switch.

What is cause the machine to need homed when the home switches are tripped?

Jordy15

Post by Jordy15 »

What is cause the machine to need homed when the home switches are tripped?

I want the machine homed every time i turn the machine on.
When the X and Y axes are homing, they move away like you said until the switch untrips. But this distance is to close to the trigger point. When the torque of the motor is removed (so motor can rotate free) and put back on again, (what happens if you turn the machine on) you hear the torque coming back. When this happens the motor can rotate a little, so axes move for example 0.1 mm when applying torque, enough to set the limitswitch active.

A video of the software ignoring the soft limit of the machine when a cut is starting and something goes wrong, in this example, material flips.
When jogging with hand, machine stops nicely at Z -114. When a cut start, software ignores limit and machine smash into end of axes and driver stops the software with fault output.

Another strange thing is that sometimes the feedrate is running to 1% for no reason. When you click 100%, it's running back to 1%
Same with voltage, That's running to 200% When you click 100%, its running back to 200 %

When repower the Acorn its fixed.

Is there already a solution for the auto homing with software alignment that's not working ?
Another thing i noticed... When auto homing with software alignment, First the Z axes homes, second the Y axes homes, and at last the X axes homes.
Why.., when using auto home with manual alignment, The X axes homes first, second the Y axes homes and at last the Z axes homes.
A cnc machine can never move X and Y axes without first moving Z to a save height.
Joey

Post by Joey »

Durring a Torch touch off the Z touch off macro operates much like a homing move and the Z limit is ignored. There is a new touch off macro available that I can post tomorrow that will take into account the Z software Limit.

The voltage target and feedrate walking is quite odd. What kind of USB devices are connected to the PC?
Are any windows features such as sticky keys being used? Do Is Keyboard jogging used?
I think we might want to Teamviewer into your PC and check this out if you are able.

I want the machine homed every time i turn the machine on.
When the X and Y axes are homing, they move away like you said until the switch untrips. But this distance is to close to the trigger point. When the torque of the motor is removed (so motor can rotate free) and put back on again, (what happens if you turn the machine on) you hear the torque coming back. When this happens the motor can rotate a little, so axes move for example 0.1 mm when applying torque, enough to set the limitswitch active.
Edit the Home file and add the distance you want the axis to move away from the switch. Then command an M26/Y to set the Y home position. For example the last command of the home file to move Y away from the home switch 1mm in the positive direction would look like
Y1 ; Y1 will move the Y axes in the positive direction 1 mm
M26/Y ; M26/Y Sets the Home position of the Y axes.
Custom Home file .png
Is there already a solution for the auto homing with software alignment that's not working ?
Another thing i noticed... When auto homing with software alignment, First the Z axes homes, second the Y axes homes, and at last the X axes homes.
The Order of which axes homes first cannot be changed when using auto squaring.

Why.., when using auto home with manual alignment, The X axes homes first, second the Y axes homes and at last the Z axes homes.
The order that the machine homes can be assigned for manual squaring in the homing and travel menu
Homing sequence.png