Profile Manager defaults to 4ipm

All things related to the Centroid Acorn Plasma system.

Moderators: cnckeith, Joey

ojuarez
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Profile Manager defaults to 4ipm

Post by ojuarez »

I have a new install and experiencing an issue with the feedrate. When running the centroid sign program and selecting a profile from the profile manager my feed rate defaults to only 4ipm. I am currently running the free version of the cnc software and have not modified any macros that I know of. I am in the process of upgrading to pro maybe that will help. Attached is my report as a reference and thanks for any help in advance.
Attachments
report_98F07B91DECB-0206236962_2023-04-23_18-26-26.zip
(2.38 MiB) Downloaded 7 times
Joey

Re: Profile Manager defaults to 4ipm

Post by Joey »

Hello Ojuarez
Welcome to the Plasma forum.
Thank you for posting a report right off the Bat. That helps alot.

Are you able to jog and rapid at the expected feedrate? Is the feedrate reduced to 4ipm only in a job?

I've loaded your report and I'm not able to replicate the job running at 4ipm. I did look at your wizard settings and your configuration settings stick out. Can you post some pictures of your table? The wizard config settings are near impossible. Im mostly looking at the overall turns ratio second from the top. The other settings are also pretty slow. I'm interested in the type of table you have?
Ojuarez Wizard Config settings.PNG

The Wizard Settings should be set correctly before working out anything else. If your make a google photo album we can follow along with your build and help set your wizard setting.
ojuarez

Post by ojuarez »

Joey, thanks for your time. As for jogging the table it seems to jog just fine and when doing so the feedrate shows to be at 100ipm. The 4ipm is only an issue when running the job. Below is the link to the google photo album, if you need specific pictures let me know and I will add them to the album. I bought the table a few years ago, it is pretty much a home built table and was never really fun to use, but I think it has great potential to be a great tool once I get it retrofitted with Acorn and the THC. Again thanks for your time and thanks for your help.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/aYkE2HPFcCHcYcgR9
ojuarez

Post by ojuarez »

So I think this is the game plan / checklist for me to follow:

1. Figure out the settings in the wizard so jobs run at expected feedrates.
2. Finish installing the Acorn THC.
3. Wire up the ohmic to the torch and thc board.
4. Figure out why I cannot set manually the z axis and start a job, the z axis continues to drive down(- negative) and I need to stop it before crashing into the table. I am seeing this issue right now before THC is installed and enabled. The strange this is that when I try the "bear23x23" job is does exactly that and tries to drive into the table while the "centroid plasma logo 20x4" does not do this and starts the job exactly where I have set the xyz. I thought maybe the post processor had something to do with it, but they seem to have been created using the same one. I then created a sketch in fusion360 and exported it as a dxf into sheetcam and used the post processor that was posted on centroid's website and still had the same issue.. Baby steps, I will worry about all this once we figure out the settings in the wizard.

Additional Information (I will add more as I think of it)
Operating System: Win11 configured according to the install instruction
Sheet cam processor: SheetCam TNG post processor (‎1/‎25/‎2022 ‏‎6:30 PM) Pulled from here -> https://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
CNC Software: CNC12 Acorn Plasma Pro edition

X & Y axis: Nema 23 stepper motor -> 23HS30-2804S (I plan to upgrade these in the near future with a AC brushless servos or closed loop motors)
Joey

Post by Joey »

Happy to help :D
The torch on macro (M61) will always touch off to set zero at the top of the material. You will need to place a semi colon Infront of the touch off cycle line in the M61 macro. I've attached an M61 macro that I have commented out the touch off cycle part. Just drop the file in your cncm folder and replace your existing M61 macro.

Follow the installation manual step by step to ensure smooth intigration .
https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... manual.pdf

Post another report after following the installation manuals steps so we can see where your at
Attachments
mfunc61.mac
(891 Bytes) Downloaded 4 times
ojuarez

Post by ojuarez »

Joey, thank you. I was able to dry run the "bear" job and it actually ran without doing the touch off as it should with the edit to the m61 macro and it also honored the feed rates from the profile manager. <scratching my head emoji> One more step forward, again thanks for your time.
ojuarez

Post by ojuarez »

I did another sample test part in a test run (no torch or thc) so tomorrow I will work on getting the thc setup and then add the hypertherm 45 to the mix. Again I do greatly appreciate everything. I feel like by this weekend I should be able to actually cut something, but I also would like to see if I need to do more tweaking to the wizard so that the xyz is setup correctly.