prime weld 60 on acorn

All things related to the Centroid Acorn Plasma system.

Moderators: cnckeith, Joey

jcoldon
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

prime weld 60 on acorn

Post by jcoldon »

We tested the prime weld 60 on acorn . using a Proma divider . the test went well . the Proma divider really cleaned up the output voltage . of the prime weld i posted a video on the divider install . i be making few videos showing cut quality of the prime weld . verse Hypertherm .
with joey we testing the next soft ware relic . so few bug fixes first then i make video after that . the big notice over prime weld verse Hypertherm . is prime weld much slower cutter . it slower to turn on and slower to turn off . and cut speeds slower . but cut quality not bad for the price
the thc voltage out of the Proma divider works very well voltage is very clean . i highly recommend using that divider on any China cutter . Hopefully centroid build there own divider down the road
i do own a Hypertherm pm85 so the Cutts are directly compared to Hypertherm
Joey
CNC12: Yes

Re: prime weld 60 on acorn

Post by Joey »

Thanks for the update Jeff. I'll post some of your plots from your report.

Note: just like the Everlast plasma cutters, Primeweld does not have a consistent delay when starting the torch arc. Without a Arc OK signal Acorn THC will watch for the Voltage to rise when the ARC is started. Sometimes Primeweld and Everlast takes varying amounts of time to start the ARC. So watching for the Voltage to rise is not a good starting point for the pierce delay. Hooking up the ARC OK signal will give a more consistent starting point for the pierce delay.
Joey

Post by Joey »

Jeffs square Primeweweld plot.PNG
Here is a plot taken from Jeffs THC hooked up to a Primeweld 60 with the Proma divider.

The material is propped up to test the THC at an angle. This is a square part. The plot shows the last three sides of the square being cut. Each corner slows down slightly and the orange line representing the THC turns off momentarily for the XY velocity slowdown when rounding the corner. The red line is the THC motion during the Job. For the second to last side of the part you can see the THC following the Angled slant of the material. Looks pretty good to me.

Notice at the top of the plot the Light Green target voltage line and the Yellow voltage line are overlapping and staying on top of each other for the hole cut. The THC did very well holding the THC voltage to the target voltage.
IronHead Brew
CNC Control System Serial Number: 78047381F60E-0201191611

Post by IronHead Brew »

I just received the Proma divider last week and can also confirm a successful install. The video you posted made it a snap.

Thanks,
Rich
'98 era AXYZ 39" x 39" Router
MCG MSD 50D stepper drives
AXYZ NEMA34 stepper motors
TB Woods E-TRAC X2C inverter
Perske VS 50.09-2 spindle
Centroid Acorn
cnckeith
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by cnckeith »

Centroid now sells a PrimeWeld to Centroid Cable with the THC kit.

Price for just the cable will soon be on the website as well.

Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html