Tru Cut A80 Thermal Dynamics Will It Work?

All things related to the Centroid Acorn Plasma system.

Moderators: cnckeith, Joey

Calvert
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Tru Cut A80 Thermal Dynamics Will It Work?

Post by Calvert »

I have all of the Acorn boards installed and mostly wired in, but I've hit a wall on the thc board wiring.

I have six wires coming from my plasma cutter.
Green OK
White OK
Red V+
Black Common
Blue Start
Yellow Stop
I've looked at several different diagrams and can't seem to figure out a good idea. What exactly is ok to move and how does the cutter get the signal from Acorn?
There are three options for Divided Arc Voltagesignal supplied from the automation interface PCB.This is selected by connecting the black Jumper Plug on the P1 connector as follows:Arc voltage / 16.67 Jumper not installedArc voltage / 30 Jumper Pins 1 & 2 . This is the factorydefault position of the jumperArc voltage / 50 Jumper Pins 2 & 3rn.
I copied what looks to be the divided voltage settings. Correct me if I read it wrong but it looks like the lowest setting is 16v.
If this is the case it looks like my cutter will not work with this THC.
Joey
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
CNC12: Yes

Post by Joey »

I forgot to get a report off your machine. Can you post a fresh report whenever your back at the machine. Create Report is in the F7 Utility menu.
jcoldon

Post by jcoldon »

with acorn you only need the torch fire and the divided voltage out put make sure polarity correct . the ok to move comes from acorn thc unit .
as for the true cut i know that table.. the problem was they decided to build there own thc using plc . and programing in Mach . then closed the doors would not give out the settings or programing info back stabbed there customers . theirs been quite a few true cut retro . the older bike chain does have some backlash . but did cut good acorn be big improvement
jcoldon

Post by jcoldon »

there thermal unit has 50 to 1 and 30 to 1 set 50 to 1 it should be fine
Calvert
Acorn CNC Controller: No

Post by Calvert »

Ive been working with Joey on the THC board. the unit cuts but with thc on it doesnt like it and it wont complete a cut. There's allot of noise in my machine also but it does work.

As for the chain and sprocket setup I adjusted what I thought should be adjusted it smoothed my curves somewhat.

I need to get access to an old manual their factory was an hour from my house when they were open.
jcoldon

Post by jcoldon »

i asked Cindy for all that stuff so i could post on my FB page cnc plasma table builders . she got hot headed would let anything out .

As for the thermal voltage you could try an external voltage divider like the one from robot 3t or the one proma has on there website
i believe cnc4 pc has one also on there web site . that might help wire up to the 1k pins - 7 +9 i belive that there raw voltage
removing raw voltage feed to that interface might stop rfi also not sure i never messed with thermal units

you can test thc with battery it in manual make sure it works A80 manual says jumper pin 2 an3 for 50 to 1 the interface bord does not seam to have much filtering on the voltage output pins -5 and + 6
Joey
CNC12: Yes

Post by Joey »

As of now there is a lot of rfi going to the TX board. It's definitely a divided voltage just way to much interference.