Hopefully my last control rebuild

All things related to the Centroid Acorn Plasma system.

Moderators: cnckeith, Joey

repauli1
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Hopefully my last control rebuild

Post by repauli1 »

scotg1107 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:23 pm So far plasma table seems to be running great, THC seems to work beautify, I also love the fact that the work coordinates from the last time the machine ran and are saved this allows me to keep a job open in sheetcam to keep nesting parts on the same job that was something on the old systems that never worked. It really cuts down on material waist. I also love the resume and rewind function that also saves material.

I am having a couple random issues however.

First thing is I'm noticing on random startup of CNC12 It is not registering my MPG pendant and I have to go back into the wizard and enable it does anyone else experience this glitch.

Second is I cant seem to dial in the float and Ohmic sensor offsets correctly. I have it set up now so if I do a torch touch off using ohmic then unplug it it always zero's the same. I even ran two torch calibrations one with the sensor plugged in and one without and they both calibrated correctly. For some reason though when I'm doing a job water trips the ohmic sensor so the float switch has to be used and it pierces at a very low height and crashes. I will admit that my last two controls never used Ohmic sensing and with the water table its looking like it may be more hassle than its worth.
Ohmic does not like water, I only run it on 16 ga and thinner when my float would press down edges.