M64 Marking Macro <non hyperthem build>

All things related to the Centroid Acorn Plasma system.

Moderators: cnckeith, Joey

Joey
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: M64 Marking Macro

Post by Joey »

I've done projects with the marking macro and its worked very well. I made just a quick video demonstrating the marking macro. There is barely a mark on the surface. You can hardly feel the mark with your hand. The Hypertherm is really nice because of how consistent the time to fire is. Check out this video ill throw some pictures up. https://photos.app.goo.gl/GG8cNeCR8aJQF1Js8
ShawnM
CNC Control System Serial Number: 7804734C6498-0401191832

Post by ShawnM »

Yes, just making a tiny dimple with my Hypertherm works well for drilling. I thought the OP was talking about cutting the hole and then tapping it. I can leave a tiny dimple and drill it without any issues. Thanks Joey.

Is your video using the new or old marking macro?
Joey

Post by Joey »

Right I see that now my bad. Yeah in that case I could see trying to tap a plasma cut hole would be one of the most frustrating jobs ever.
landmark573

Post by landmark573 »

Joey wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 6:20 pm Good thinking. That saves a little bit of time. What size hypertherm are you looking for? Thought id keep an eye out in case I see anything local to me. I see a lot of xp30's,45's and old 1000's but rarely see and xp65's or 85's. Also doesn't help that a lot of users don't really care for the Newer Sync models.

We dug up a previous marking macro that starts the timer from the Arc O.K. signal. Thought you might want to give it a try. I would set the timer delay to 0 for the first try. Chances are the Torch will fire for much to long as its waiting for the Arc OK signal. Theres a slim chance that the ARC OK signal is fast enough but its the last option we came up with. I've attached the new file - marking_cycle_macro.cnc. Just paste this file in the "System" folder of the "CNCM" folder. There should be an existing file named "marking_cycle_macro.cnc" that this attached file will be replacing.
I would really like to get a Powermax 65 (not sync). Second choice would be 45XP, or Powermax 1000 g3.

I don't see a file attachment.
landmark573

Post by landmark573 »

I am trying to mark holes to be drilled and then taped. The standard marking cycle seemed to work on the first hole when the marking time was set long enough for the torch to fire. But the torch seemed to light faster on the next holes leaving a pothole that was too hard to drill and tap.
ShawnM
CNC Control System Serial Number: 7804734C6498-0401191832

Post by ShawnM »

Joey wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 7:34 pm Right I see that now my bad. Yeah in that case I could see trying to tap a plasma cut hole would be one of the most frustrating jobs ever.
Actually, my bad, not yours. I re-read the OP's post and he said he was just trying to mark the hole for drilling and tapping. My tiny, pea sized brain thought he wanted to cut holes and then tap them. Even though the topic is about "marking". Again, my bad.

Which macro are you using in the video? The old or new version? Can you share the files so I can compare it to mine? I need to look further at mine as it make a bigger dimple than yours does. I like the mark yours makes.

I do like that my Powermax85 does fire almost instantly when asked to do so. I would have thought all plasmas would do this but maybe not.
Joey

Post by Joey »

landmark573 wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:44 pm
Joey wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 6:20 pm Good thinking. That saves a little bit of time. What size hypertherm are you looking for? Thought id keep an eye out in case I see anything local to me. I see a lot of xp30's,45's and old 1000's but rarely see and xp65's or 85's. Also doesn't help that a lot of users don't really care for the Newer Sync models.

We dug up a previous marking macro that starts the timer from the Arc O.K. signal. Thought you might want to give it a try. I would set the timer delay to 0 for the first try. Chances are the Torch will fire for much to long as its waiting for the Arc OK signal. Theres a slim chance that the ARC OK signal is fast enough but its the last option we came up with. I've attached the new file - marking_cycle_macro.cnc. Just paste this file in the "System" folder of the "CNCM" folder. There should be an existing file named "marking_cycle_macro.cnc" that this attached file will be replacing.
I would really like to get a Powermax 65 (not sync). Second choice would be 45XP, or Powermax 1000 g3.

I don't see a file attachment.
Yep Looks like I left the File out by mistake. I went back and attached the file and ill attach here also. Thanks for the heads up
Attachments
marking_cycle_macro.cnc
(1.79 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
landmark573

Post by landmark573 »

Thanks Joey! I will try it out.
Joey

Post by Joey »

ShawnM wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:54 am
Joey wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 7:34 pm Right I see that now my bad. Yeah in that case I could see trying to tap a plasma cut hole would be one of the most frustrating jobs ever.
Actually, my bad, not yours. I re-read the OP's post and he said he was just trying to mark the hole for drilling and tapping. My tiny, pea sized brain thought he wanted to cut holes and then tap them. Even though the topic is about "marking". Again, my bad.

Which macro are you using in the video? The old or new version? Can you share the files so I can compare it to mine? I need to look further at mine as it make a bigger dimple than yours does. I like the mark yours makes.

I do like that my Powermax85 does fire almost instantly when asked to do so. I would have thought all plasmas would do this but maybe not.
I'm using the Default marking macro that is included with the install. Which is the latest Marking macro. You can adjust the marking macro timer delay in the THC Config settings menu. The video I made is with a hypertherm 45xp. I think Jeff and I worked together to narrow down the default timer setting.
Joey

Post by Joey »

Just to clarify this marking macro
marking_cycle_macro.cnc
Latest/Default Marking macro
(1.78 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
is the latest/default marking macro included in the plasma software. This marking macro starts the marking timer delay as soon as the Torch fire command has been sent out. This macro worked well as it could be used by THC and non-THC users. The Marking macro before this was based on The THC Watching the voltage climb to start the Delay timer. This worked well but would not be useful to NON THC users hence the decision to use the current default marking macro.

The marking macro I posted for Landmark to try out is
marking_cycle_macro.cnc
Old Ark OK Marking Macro
(1.79 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
. This Marking macro starts the delay timer from the time at which the Arc OK Signal is received. This marking macro was scraped since the Arc OK signal was received much to late and even with a 0ms delay the torch was on for way to long.