Can I change the parameters in the Torch Calibration Program

All things related to the Centroid Acorn Plasma system.

Moderators: cnckeith, Joey

cnckeith
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: Can I change the parameters in the Torch Calibration Program

Post by cnckeith »

ShawnM wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 1:47 pm oops, Keith posted just as I was about to hit "enter".
i think you said it better! :D
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
Joey
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Post by Joey »

Do you have TeamViewer on your plasma table PC? I'd be happy to spend some time and help get your current setup running as best as it can ATM.
TAS99
Acorn CNC Controller: No
CNC12: No

Post by TAS99 »

I would appreciate any help that you could provide.

I will add TeamViewer to that PC but I've never used it so I may need some coaching.

The machine I have is a DIY 4'x4' plasma with the Y moving across the gantry and the paired X moving the gantry. Some say that is not the standard XY configuration but I want it that way because my other 4 CNC machines are set up that way. It's a lot more convenient getting from the drawings to cutting if everything is standard.

I was using a different controller for about a year with no problems. The reason I switched is because it did not have THC and that's something I found necessary when cutting thinner material. I've switched back to the other controller the other day to see if everything was operational and it worked just fine so now I'm back with the Acorn satisfied that there are no mechanical issues.

With the Acorn controller all motion is as expected, meaning that the distance asked in X Y and Z is the measured distance traveled and the the touch-off -ohmic with a Z switch - work as expected. There was some mention of the motors sweet spot and I understand that my current setup is not there but I wanted to get everything operational before going after the refinements such as homing, squaring and proper motor sweet spot. If I can get it operational as-is then I'll have fewer variables to deal with as I implement the refinements.

Here is a link to s short video in my Drop Box account showing simple XY movement. I think if you cut and paste it to your browser it should work.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g7mwv1d6bjp9n ... 8.mp4?dl=0

Again, I appreciate the offer of help and I'll wait to hear from you.

Tom
Joey
CNC12: Yes

Post by Joey »

Download TeamViewer to your PC from there website at : https://www.teamviewer.com/en-us/. Then take a picture or send the ID and password from your TeamViewer software after you have downloaded it. As soon as TeamViewer is opened it will auto generate an ID and password for you.
You can call/txt me at (814)571-1043. My email is mccullochjoey@gmail.com. Just send the ID and password via email or txt. Send a picture of the aiD and password to my email or cell if that's easier for you.